zeovit.com Sewatec.de - Reef Supply International  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Coral snow plus
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 11
Views: 315
0 GIVEAWAY: AlgaeFree Hammerhead Plus Magnet Scraper
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 0
Views: 15
0 Tank w.vreeswijk
Last Post: W.vreeswijk
Replies: 359
Views: 56,161
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Replies: 391
Views: 50,570
0 new to zeovit
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 284
Views: 27,326
0 3 New Videos + Ecotech, JBJ & Icecap Sales still going on
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 08-15-2019
Replies: 0
Views: 72
4 Phosphate o
Last Post: Mkeller088
Replies: 9
Views: 249
0 Red Sea Reefer 350 ... want to switch over to Zeovit
Last Post: intheflesh
Replies: 16
Views: 507
0 Mein Kleines Wohnzimmerriff
Posted On: 08-14-2019
Replies: 52
Views: 3,163
0 Start Zeovit system
Posted On: 08-14-2019
Replies: 11
Views: 365
More...

Old 07-16-2019, 02:08 PM
ZeoSteve ZeoSteve 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hi, I posted a few months ago with the same exact problem and the thing we have in common is dry rock.
My tank is nearly 8 months old and nitrates are still not going down constantly.
My guess is a huge dose of patience for both of us to let the zeo-bacteria populate properly.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2019, 06:22 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Live rock - contains a variety of bacteria, plankton animal plants / bacteria, algae, nitrification, etc., a full range of carriers. Develop a more suitable environment for breeding, and establish a stable ecology in the auxiliary tank.

Another interesting statement from me is that the water is sharp like a knife (too clean),(newly brewed seawater vs natural seawater), the main key is "biology"

Last edited by jacky; 07-16-2019 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:02 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

[There are about 150 pounds of dry rock in the sump]. This is not required, and the ZeoVit system architecture is sufficient. Dry rock can be used for stacking landscapes

Consider adding some quality live rock to sump, which is definitely positive for things.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:19 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Then if you want, add some high quality live rock, you can also consider some dry sand, this is the biology of tank
Old 07-17-2019, 02:06 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

I think you can never be really sure to get any kind of pest in your system, they can be attached on a very small piece of rock attached to the coral for example, sooner or later it will happen but for most of those problems you can prevent if you start treating them as soon as you have noticed it.

Basically you are right, you can keep running the system as it is but you need patience, this can be a very long process like Steve has mention.

150 pounds of rock is a lot in the sump, might there be a lot of sediment under the rock already ?

What also can be helpful if you keep some of the old ZeoVit material in a filter bag in your sump as a biological filtration material instead of removing it from the system because of the exchange.

G.Alexander
Old 07-18-2019, 01:05 PM
jonesdeini jonesdeini 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
I think you can never be really sure to get any kind of pest in your system, they can be attached on a very small piece of rock attached to the coral for example, sooner or later it will happen but for most of those problems you can prevent if you start treating them as soon as you have noticed it.

Basically you are right, you can keep running the system as it is but you need patience, this can be a very long process like Steve has mention.

150 pounds of rock is a lot in the sump, might there be a lot of sediment under the rock already ?

What also can be helpful if you keep some of the old ZeoVit material in a filter bag in your sump as a biological filtration material instead of removing it from the system because of the exchange.

G.Alexander
I had always wondered about keeping the old ZeoVit material in the system and if it would leach back what it has absorbed like carbon does. From your suggestion it appears that it will not, is that correct? Also, do you recommend having the filter bag with the old media having active or passive flow though it? As in having it in a filter bag connected to a drain pipe or just within the sump somewhere?

For the rock in the sump I thought the general rule was 1-2 pounds per gallon, so I thought 150 pounds was actually on the low side. Is that not true for zeovit systems, or is that rule just not true all together and I was misinformed?
Old 07-18-2019, 06:21 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I think you can read ZeoVit basic information (FAQ) a little while when you are free.

Zeovit is a system that combines bacterial sources to help get rid of excess nutrients in the system.
Rapid fluctuations in nutrition For corals, this can lead to coral stress TN
A system without corals should be viable

Zeovit uses a mixture of different zeolites that have been found to best reduce toxins in the brine system. The way they work has been controversial; from bacterial colonization theory to locking or removing ammonia, to the conversion of nutrients to different ions (a section in the FAQ)

The first 14-day cycle of Korallenzucht, the narrative inside is very important to use fresh and bright live rock. 10% of the fuel tank content is after you bring the live rock in the fuel tank, the next one is the sand bed

Premium live rock instead of dry rock

Usually sump inside, skimmer, ZeoVit reactor, Zeo's activated carbon, enough to be competent

personal idea
Old 07-18-2019, 06:53 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Dry rock is also feasible. But it takes a long time. During this time, the time it takes to operate the equipment is related to electricity and resources. Adding some quality live rock is much faster, especially if the system does not have a lot of corals. This may be a good advantage. . This is in accordance with your personal choice
Old 07-19-2019, 02:39 AM
ZEOadmin

The material does not leach back anything, it does work in such a situation like a biological filtration material. I would recommend to use it passive flown in this case, you can just put it on the bottom of your sump, to make it easier to remove using bigger filter bags is easier. The material does not need to be moved or cleaned. Once the system runs stabile you can remove the material slowly step by step over several weeks. 1 or 2 liters should be enough. If you like to speed up the process a little bit some pieces of fresh live rock would be a good addition.

ZeoVit systems often use a shallow sand bed and a lower quantity of live rock. Just to give you a feeling, I had systems with a water volume of ~ 300 US gallons and used just 180 – 220 LBS of live rock. As you already have the rocks I would keep it as it is at the moment, if necessary you can later start to remove some of the rocks slowly.

G.Alexander
Old 07-19-2019, 10:41 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Excuse me. G. I have a question, what is the living stone of LBS. What does "LBS" mean, thank you
Old 07-19-2019, 10:23 PM
ZEOadmin

Hello Jacky, please take a look over here:

https://www.convertunits.com/info/lbs

G.Alexander
Old 07-20-2019, 12:27 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Thank you G. I understand. I misunderstand that LBS is some form of rock, or the abbreviation of treated rock.