zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Tank w.vreeswijk
Last Post: W.vreeswijk
Posted On: Today
Replies: 322
Views: 47,771
0 Skimz Zar Reactors
Last Post: blackizzz
Replies: 8
Views: 794
0 A restart
Last Post: blackizzz
Replies: 269
Views: 27,767
0 new to zeovit
Last Post: Kproescher
Replies: 215
Views: 19,519
0 Unable to reduce Nitrate
Last Post: Rsafron
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 28
Views: 1,048
0 Dose Rate Biophos2
Last Post: MikeS
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 4
Views: 203
0 High ph 8.5 zeovit
Last Post: vaddevill
Posted On: 04-22-2019
Replies: 0
Views: 58
0 Zeostart NO3 and low PO4
Last Post: skull
Posted On: 04-22-2019
Replies: 20
Views: 1,074
0 GIVEAWAY: Eshopps Bio Lux
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 04-21-2019
Replies: 0
Views: 44
More...

Old 02-02-2019, 12:29 PM
maLx maLx ثeuW
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
You are mistaken but I will not debate here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Mistake with what exactly? You cant just say Im mistaken with out providing factual evidence of your claims.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:37 PM
ohashimz ohashimz ثeuW
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by maLx View Post
Mistake with what exactly? You cant just say Im mistaken with out providing factual evidence of your claims.
Man, it's such a long long debate am sorry.
What I meant to say, either what you have is not cyano, or what cured the cyano is something else.
I have done so many trials and all of which are controlled and scintifics..this mixture by itself do not clear cyano, especially not in 1 month.
The cc add a bit of no3 and that's what zeo will not tell you...so the more you add no3 the more you bring the balance back(if the reason of cyano was indeed the imbalanced). Now the delanma that zeo have is that adding no3 need to be carefully calculated and based o the po4 ratio in your tank. So zeo being zeo, they try to manage this by asking you to dose cc which have very small ammount of no3 because they are afraid you end up messing the ratio too much, and they ask you to keep on dosing cc and CS.l hoping that eventually you achieve the balance. But it's almost never the case because every system is diffrent and unless you know the po4 no3 ratio exactly it's impossible to bredict.

Again it's a long long topic I recommend you read about it there are some amazing white papers that will take you in depth of what cause cyano.
Btw that's what zeo folks do when they develop products, ppl think zeo is snake oil. It's not, they just do not tell you the details intentionally..that's all.

Last edited by ohashimz; 02-02-2019 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 01:04 PM
ohashimz ohashimz ثeuW
ZEOhead

Also the reason I say that because I do not like when some times reefers read one comment then they go react to it and waste money or do harm to their tanks.
Someone read your comment saying with such confidences that one month of this miracle mixture fixed you cyano they think its accurate.
They do not know the details b3hid your system..they do not know you do not use zeolite which means your no3 po4 is not really as low as it will be in their full zeo system. They do not know it was really cyano or not(i doubt you confirmed that what u had is cyano other than it looked red and go away at night)...And many many other details that all contributed in "curing what you think was cyano".
I mean no disrespect here and am not trying to minimize your experince, am just more data driven and recommend others to do the same.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:36 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin

Quote:
Kudos to you Alex, much respect.
I actually agree, if it's truly cyano is diffrent story then if something else. Alot of reefers mistake cyano for brown algae, dino..ect.
I completely understand where you coming from.

I never had to deal with cyanos in any of my systems so I do not really have first hand experience with their treatment. A common case is the quality of the RO water, over here it is common to have them seasonal, often in spring. It might have something to do with agricultural fertilizers which are typically used in higher quantities in this season, not sure how much or if all can be hold back by RO systems. Cyano are complex and I think successful treating them is a combination of working on the reason why they are growing and some kind of treatment.

Korallenzucht does offer two products which are recommended as a cyano treatment or prevention: CyanoClean and A-Balance. I do not think they are selling products as a treatment which do not do what the product description says, I just do not see a reason therefore as their products are known to work very well.

G.Alexander
Old 02-03-2019, 12:59 AM
maLx maLx ثeuW
ZEOhead

Oha: no hard feelings dude. Tomorrow I’m going to do a fun expirement. Going to test po4, then dose 5ML coral snow with 3 drops cyano clean with the skimmer off for the first hour and on for the second hour. Then I’m going to test again and see if my po4 dropped any. I understand this isn’t an exact science and my test kit can be off a bit each test, but i wonder how significant the number would be if any.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:39 PM
maLx maLx ثeuW
ZEOhead

Woke up and tested phosphates with my Hanna ULR Checker. Phosphates were 20ppb. Dosed 5ml Coral Snow Plus. Left skimmer off for 90m. Turned it on for another 90m. Tested again after 3 hours have passsed. Phosphates were 12ppb.

My coral snow plus is a little diluted becuase I had to add some RO to the bottle and shake it up, however, Seems to work great for daily phosphate control if needed.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:11 PM
ohashimz ohashimz ثeuW
ZEOhead

Quote:
Woke up and tested phosphates with my Hanna ULR Checker. Phosphates were 20ppb. Dosed 5ml Coral Snow Plus. Left skimmer off for 90m. Turned it on for another 90m. Tested again after 3 hours have passsed. Phosphates were 12ppb.

My coral snow plus is a little diluted becuase I had to add some RO to the bottle and shake it up, however, Seems to work great for daily phosphate control if needed.
Yup capris basically liquid rowphos.
Now the tick is, how long you think before your system go back to 20ppm? My prediction is 24 to 48 hours

Old 02-03-2019, 04:57 PM
maLx maLx ثeuW
ZEOhead

Quote:
Yup capris basically liquid rowphos.
Now the tick is, how long you think before your system go back to 20ppm? My prediction is 24 to 48 hours

It was .1ppm 2 days ago. So I dont think it will go back in a day
Old 02-05-2019, 09:58 AM
maLx maLx ثeuW
ZEOhead

Question for everyone. Does anyone here run GFO and Coral Snow? Typically, I run 80ml of Rowaphos to keep phosphates down, but since I had to treat the tank for Red Bugs with Inteceptor and it killed my entire pod population I've seen a small spike in PO4 and Cyano that I am treating with Coral Snow Plus. Could it be possible that the Coral Snow gets absorbed by carbon or GFO and possibly reduces its effectiveness?

Let me know
Joey
Old 02-05-2019, 11:00 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Is coral snow likely to be absorbed by carbon or GFO and may reduce its effectiveness? (Yes, but very, very, very small, the characteristics of activated carbon absorb the small molecular weight structure, but the problem is not big, this will not be a serious problem, I use them together without picking up activated carbon due to the addition of Coral Snow , really no problem)

One of the most urgent concerns is that the Zeo system really does not recommend other ways to reduce phosphorus, which may affect biology or cause other changes. I have not used other objects so I can't explain why this is why. It is always good to follow the system recommendations.

The transparent liquid inside Zeo Coral Snow, I think it is not pure Ro water, this is my opinion, I have no exact proof that it is Ro water, but I think it is not (the same is a transparent solution, but shake it, The feeling of the two is not the same), this is just my feeling.

The rapid or uncontrolled phosphorus will lead to tolerance problems in the coral's TN, machine and other factors. Why is the Zeo product “every other day” or “0.1ml way” or “equivalent flow per hour”? This is for a reason

In your tank, the amount of fish may be one of the reasons for the high phosphorus, or the cornerstone material, sand, etc. Try to explore whether this is the reason. Or improve the equipment "output", manpower for water (good Ro water), etc. to clean, you can also do this part, syrup assistance

I am not malicious, simply chatting and discussing

Last edited by jacky; 02-05-2019 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:11 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Zeo Coral Snow Plus My feeling of use - The appearance is slightly red, and it really helps to reduce phosphorus after use. I have increased the consumption of PE and Kh Ca from somewhere and observed it. Its tiny particles are slightly larger than Zeo Coral Snow, and there is no dense fog like Zeo Coral Snow after pouring into tank. But both add more efficiency to Skimmer, Zeo Coral Snow can see some white after skimmer (I know this is Zeo Coral Snow+ some impurities, was brought out), and Zeo Coral Snow Plus is deeper The dirty liquid was brought out, (I understand that this worked)
Old 02-05-2019, 04:28 PM
maLx maLx ثeuW
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Is coral snow likely to be absorbed by carbon or GFO and may reduce its effectiveness? (Yes, but very, very, very small, the characteristics of activated carbon absorb the small molecular weight structure, but the problem is not big, this will not be a serious problem, I use them together without picking up activated carbon due to the addition of Coral Snow , really no problem)

One of the most urgent concerns is that the Zeo system really does not recommend other ways to reduce phosphorus, which may affect biology or cause other changes. I have not used other objects so I can't explain why this is why. It is always good to follow the system recommendations.

The transparent liquid inside Zeo Coral Snow, I think it is not pure Ro water, this is my opinion, I have no exact proof that it is Ro water, but I think it is not (the same is a transparent solution, but shake it, The feeling of the two is not the same), this is just my feeling.

The rapid or uncontrolled phosphorus will lead to tolerance problems in the coral's TN, machine and other factors. Why is the Zeo product every other day or 0.1ml way or equivalent flow per hour? This is for a reason

In your tank, the amount of fish may be one of the reasons for the high phosphorus, or the cornerstone material, sand, etc. Try to explore whether this is the reason. Or improve the equipment "output", manpower for water (good Ro water), etc. to clean, you can also do this part, syrup assistance

I am not malicious, simply chatting and discussing
Thanks for the info. I did mention a few times that the reason my po4 is elevated is because I just treated red bugs with interceptor. The treatment kills all pods and planktons, it also will kill inverts. It did kill most of my baby nerite snails, my emerald crabs lived, the shrimp and large snails I was able to catch prior.

So I know what is causing my PO4 spike, I just want to make sure that GFO and Coral Snow can work in tandem because I primarily run a small amonut of GFO and a fuge instead of ZEO stones. I never had good luck with the stones in my SPS system.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:55 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I did mention a few times that the reason my po4 is elevated is because I just treated red bugs with interceptor. The treatment kills all pods and planktons, it also will kill inverts. It did kill most of my baby nerite snails, my emerald crabs lived, the shrimp and large snails I was able to catch prior.

So I know what is causing my PO4 spike, I just want to make sure that GFO and Coral Snow can work in tandem because I primarily run a small amonut of GFO and a fuge instead of ZEO stones. I never had good luck with the stones in my SPS system.
Thank you, I understand the meaning, then maybe it is good to match the water change. Maybe it is not only a single phosphorus problem in the tank, maybe
Old 02-06-2019, 12:52 PM
maLx maLx ثeuW
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Thank you, I understand the meaning, then maybe it is good to match the water change. Maybe it is not only a single phosphorus problem in the tank, maybe
Thanks.

I've always have had to do some work to keep po4 down. It stabilizes about 0.04 on Hanna, but shows up at like 0.02 on ICP. So I try to keep it around 0.04 or 0.05 on Hanna just to be safe.

Usually to keep po4 in that range, I run 80ml Rowaphos, I dose 5ml Coral Snow plus 2x week and just test every other day or every 3 days to be safe. Now I'm dosing CS+ every day because of the spike.

Corals don't seem to care about the elevated levels as of yet.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Next steps are adding A Balance and B Balance to my dosing regime.

Cheers,
Joey
Old 02-06-2019, 12:58 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Quote:
Thanks.

I've always have had to do some work to keep po4 down. It stabilizes about 0.04 on Hanna, but shows up at like 0.02 on ICP. So I try to keep it around 0.04 or 0.05 on Hanna just to be safe.

Usually to keep po4 in that range, I run 80ml Rowaphos, I dose 5ml Coral Snow plus 2x week and just test every other day or every 3 days to be safe. Now I'm dosing CS+ every day because of the spike.

Corals don't seem to care about the elevated levels as of yet.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Next steps are adding A Balance and B Balance to my dosing regime.

Cheers,
Joey
Good job! You are doing very well, there are many places I want to learn from you.