zeovit.com Korallenzucht  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 New sps tank
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 206
Views: 15,636
0 Switching to Zeovit 50g
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 29
Views: 962
0 Zeovit 14 days cycle red sea reefer 250
Last Post: Fansi
Replies: 50
Views: 4,856
0 New System
Replies: 45
Views: 2,341
0 Zeo-Einsteiger hat Fragen
Replies: 20
Views: 477
0 100g SPS Tank
Replies: 152
Views: 13,774
0 new 75 gallon tank
Replies: 47
Views: 6,158
0 130 л Зеовит аква
Last Post: Bob677
Replies: 60
Views: 3,506
0 Err problem!
Posted On: 02-21-2019
Replies: 6
Views: 179
0 ZEOvit No Rocks
Last Post: maLx
Posted On: 02-21-2019
Replies: 50
Views: 1,457
More...

Old 02-01-2019, 12:27 AM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Btw be bit careful true zero no3 po4 are not good for coral health smd will be a main cause of cyano.
At zero po4 cyano appeared that's why most of the sucessfulncyano products that ste IoT sntibscterisl based are basically small traces of no3 and po4 to bring back the balance.
Good po4 no3 balance is
No3 between 0.1 to 0.3
Po4 0.08

Whenever I get cyano I get is as an indication that am having no3 po4 misbalance and its alwayes the case. So I increase nutrient a bit by either decrease zs to elevate po4, or dose cc, or add small ammount of artificial no3 Thu this is an absolute last resort.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2019, 12:34 AM
maLx maLx 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
Btw be bit careful true zero no3 po4 are not good for coral health smd will be a main cause of cyano.
At zero po4 cyano appeared that's why most of the sucessfulncyano products that ste IoT sntibscterisl based are basically small traces of no3 and po4 to bring back the balance.
Good po4 no3 balance is
No3 between 0.1 to 0.3
Po4 0.08

Whenever I get cyano I get is as an indication that am having no3 po4 misbalance and its alwayes the case. So I increase nutrient a bit by either decrease zs to elevate po4, or dose cc, or add small ammount of artificial no3 Thu this is an absolute last resort.

Thanks, CC is Cyano Clean? That's what I'm doing now. I feed a lot and my nitrates don't register. I have 14 fish in a 56 gallon tank LOL. Huge bio load. My po4 has always been the struggle. I manually manage that and test every other day just to be sure it does not bounce around. I felt that po4 swings is where most of my issues stemmed from. Since I was able to maintain a stable po4 things got better.

Also I found this: https://cms.korallen-zucht.de/files/...efing_engl.pdf

Looks like most of the products can be dosed with out the ZEOvit system except for the XTRA special. I'll just cease dosing that but keep working with the other products based on what I'm doing thus far.

Thanks everyone for the help!
Old 02-01-2019, 12:40 AM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by maLx View Post
Thanks, CC is Cyano Clean? That's what I'm doing now. I feed a lot and my nitrates don't register. I have 14 fish in a 56 gallon tank LOL. Huge bio load. My po4 has always been the struggle. I manually manage that and test every other day just to be sure it does not bounce around. I felt that po4 swings is where most of my issues stemmed from. Since I was able to maintain a stable po4 things got better.

Also I found this: https://cms.korallen-zucht.de/files/...efing_engl.pdf

Looks like most of the products can be dosed with out the ZEOvit system except for the XTRA special. I'll just cease dosing that but keep working with the other products based on what I'm doing thus far.

Thanks everyone for the help!
Ha ha, I did not want to say it before but I honestly do not trust that guide. It have changed over times multiple times while products are the same. Wait till enough people report issues and this guide will change again ha ha

Old 02-01-2019, 03:18 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Hello Joey, I try to answer your questions as follows:

1. ZeoBac has a positive impact to the biology and biology is a important thing if to comes to keeping corals happy. The microorganisms dosed with this products to get colonized over all surfaces.
2. B-Balance has a slow lighting effect of the tissue, you will get the best results in nutrient poor environments. You can start dosing @ 1 ml / 25 US gallons 2 x weekly.
3. A overdose of XTra will darken the tissue.
4. To treat the cyanos you can try to dose 2 ml CoralSnow mixed with 2 drops CyanoClean / 25 US gallons daily. Switch off the skimmer for about 2 hours after dosing.

G.Alexander
Old 02-01-2019, 08:50 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Reply question #5
Sorry, my narrative is not perfect, I mean - usually don't have to worry too much about NO3, as long as it is not too high, as time system grows No3 is really not a problem, paying attention to PO4 is the most important

Low dystrophies are stable, and when coral tissue begins to become lighter, growth, PE is good. At this time, it is to consider the addition of additional nutrients and coloring elements.

If you don't use ZeoVit to reduce nutrition, then you may need to find additional ways to reduce nutrition.

But I don't recommend that you do this. The Zeo system doesn't recommend other ways to reduce nutrition, because it may affect biology.

“I have 14 fish in the 56-gallon water tank LOL, huge bioburden” <- then you should use ZeoVit, are you saying yes?

ZeoVit does help reduce nutrients, such huge biomass, and requires some dose adjustments to match the cleansing

The advantage here is that G.Alexander will always support you, this is a warm feeling.

Last edited by jacky; 02-01-2019 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:19 AM
maLx maLx 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Hello Joey, I try to answer your questions as follows:

1. ZeoBac has a positive impact to the biology and biology is a important thing if to comes to keeping corals happy. The microorganisms dosed with this products to get colonized over all surfaces.
2. B-Balance has a slow lighting effect of the tissue, you will get the best results in nutrient poor environments. You can start dosing @ 1 ml / 25 US gallons 2 x weekly.
3. A overdose of XTra will darken the tissue.
4. To treat the cyanos you can try to dose 2 ml CoralSnow mixed with 2 drops CyanoClean / 25 US gallons daily. Switch off the skimmer for about 2 hours after dosing.

G.Alexander

Thanks thanks!

What do you think about Acro Glo vs. B-Balance?

My nitrates are 0 and my phosphates are a bit high at 0.1. Just tested. I'll dose some Coral Snow Plus until it gets under control then experiment with AG or BB. Whatever you think.

I'm going to stop dosing XTRA Special for now until my darkened corals color up and my po4 gets a bit lower.

Just tested.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:27 AM
maLx maLx 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Thanks thanks!

What do you think about Acro Glo vs. B-Balance?

My nitrates are 0 and my phosphates are a bit high at 0.1. Just tested. I'll dose some Coral Snow Plus until it gets under control then experiment with AG or BB. Whatever you think.

I'm going to stop dosing XTRA Special for now until my darkened corals color up and my po4 gets a bit lower.

Just tested.
Also, when you dose 2x weekly, is it better to do back to back, like Sat and Sun, or better to spread across the week, like Wed and Sun? Or does it not matter?
Old 02-01-2019, 11:54 PM
ZEOadmin

In conjunction to CoralSnow Plus I would also try to dose 2 drops BioMate / 25 US gallons every other day. As long as PO4 is elevated it is difficult to fine tune coral coloration. If corals tissue is to dark lets first try to get the PO4 slowly down, once the tissue becomes lighter you can use some of the products to improve coloration.

I think B-Balance and AcroGlow are tow complete different products, both can have a positive effect to coloration but to different colors. If you compare the product description you will know what I mean.

I have personally had better results if I do not split the dosage of the coloration elements to more smaller doses but it is something you can easy test out.

G.Alexander
Old 02-02-2019, 12:00 AM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
In conjunction to CoralSnow Plus I would also try to dose 2 drops BioMate / 25 US gallons every other day. As long as PO4 is elevated it is difficult to fine tune coral coloration. If corals tissue is to dark lets first try to get the PO4 slowly down, once the tissue becomes lighter you can use some of the products to improve coloration.

I think B-Balance and AcroGlow are tow complete different products, both can have a positive effect to coloration but to different colors. If you compare the product description you will know what I mean.

I have personally had better results if I do not split the dosage of the coloration elements to more smaller doses but it is something you can easy test out.

G.Alexander
Alex, with all do respect why are we still in the zeo community insist that coral snow and CC is effective with cyano...I have yet to see anyone who reported that this removed the true cyano..
It is well documented now that reducing po4 or increasing the no3 are more effective with the cyano and that in zeo system what brings the cyano is the no3 po4 imbalance that zeovit creats..
Am just trying to understand why we keep recommending the same thing that never work...? Can you help me understand the rational here.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:19 AM
ZEOadmin

I always tell people they can try it but it does not work in all cases, this is the observation I made with the mixture over the years. Another reason is that most have those products already so before investing in additional treatments / products I recommend to try this first, if it works it is OK, if not a additional steps are necessary.

A common problem is also that people often report cyanos while it is something different.

What would your suggest to treat cyanos without doing any harm to the biology ?

G.Alexander
Old 02-02-2019, 12:22 AM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
I always tell people they can try it but it does not work in all cases, this is the observation I made with the mixture over the years. Another reason is that most have those products already so before investing in additional treatments / products I recommend to try this first, if it works it is OK, if not a additional steps are necessary.

A common problem is also that people often report cyanos while it is something different.

G.Alexander
Kudos to you Alex, much respect.
I actually agree, if it's truly cyano is diffrent story then if something else. Alot of reefers mistake cyano for brown algae, dino..ect.
I completely understand where you coming from.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:23 AM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:

G.Alexander
One last thing alex,
I follow your posts all the time and would love to know what other steps or products you have in mind if this mixture did not work for cyano?

Old 02-02-2019, 12:03 PM
maLx maLx 目前離線
ZEOhead

I’ve actually treated cyano with coral snow and cyano clean successfully 3x. The issue is that it takes a while, about a month, but once it goes away, it goes away for good. People don’t have patience. I like this combination becuase not only does it leave your water crystal clear, it does not rape your biology. As long as it’s not killing anything I don’t mind. The only reason why I have cyano again is becuase of the po4 spike I got recently from treating red bugs with interceptor. My pop population and baby nerite snails all died causing a small spike in po4.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:06 PM
maLx maLx 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:

G.Alexander

So youre saying pick one and stick with it and run the full dose? If thats the case Ill try b-balance becuase id like a bit lighter look on my corals.

Should I stop dosing iron iodine or aa when using b balance?
Old 02-02-2019, 12:17 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
Ive actually treated cyano with coral snow and cyano clean successfully 3x. The issue is that it takes a while, about a month, but once it goes away, it goes away for good. People dont have patience. I like this combination becuase not only does it leave your water crystal clear, it does not rape your biology. As long as its not killing anything I dont mind. The only reason why I have cyano again is becuase of the po4 spike I got recently from treating red bugs with interceptor. My pop population and baby nerite snails all died causing a small spike in po4.
You are mistaken but I will not debate here.