zeovit.com Vertex  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 New sps tank
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 206
Views: 15,640
0 Switching to Zeovit 50g
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 29
Views: 962
0 Zeovit 14 days cycle red sea reefer 250
Last Post: Fansi
Replies: 50
Views: 4,856
0 New System
Replies: 45
Views: 2,343
0 Zeo-Einsteiger hat Fragen
Replies: 20
Views: 477
0 100g SPS Tank
Replies: 152
Views: 13,774
0 new 75 gallon tank
Replies: 47
Views: 6,158
0 130 л Зеовит аква
Last Post: Bob677
Replies: 60
Views: 3,508
0 Err problem!
Posted On: 02-21-2019
Replies: 6
Views: 179
0 ZEOvit No Rocks
Last Post: maLx
Posted On: 02-21-2019
Replies: 50
Views: 1,459
More...
Old 01-31-2019, 11:20 PM
maLx maLx 目前離線
ZEOhead

Default ZEOvit No Rocks

Hi, Everyone.

So I'm using most of the core KZ products with no ZEOlite material. Instead, I'm running a fuge with three different kinds of macro. The last 6 months I've really been able to dial in my tank, and my corals are all recovering from their stuggle, showing PE, growing, and coloring up.

Iodine and Amino Acids daily on a doser.
3 Drops iron 2x weekly
3 Drops ZEOfood Plus 2x weekly except 9 drops for a week straight each month
3 Drops CV daily
3 Drops bio mate 2x weekly to clean sand and rocks.
ZEOzym is 1/4tsp 1x weekly

Alk, CA, Mg, and K levels are maintained with my Ca Reactor. Alk sits about 9. Ca about 420, Mg about 1400, and K about 430.

Typically, I test phosphates every two days. I dose Coral Snow, ZEOStart, and swap out GFO to keep po4 in a range of 0.03 to 0.08. I've been successful thus far. If I get a test that is lower than 0.04 two tests in a row (four days) I cease dosing Start and Snow until they start to creep up and I put in 2ml of XTRA Special, two times, over the course of a week to give the corals a blast of elements while nutrients are low.. I use Rowaphos for GFO. I typically don't do water changes unless there is an elemental imbalance or I'm treating something (just got over red bugs--treated successful with Interceptor)

Here are my questions:

1: since I'm not running the stones is it necessary to dose ZEObak? Currently, I'm dosing with 65g of Water Volume. Additionally, is there anything else that's not worth dosing with no stones?
2: my next item I'm going to experiment with is B-Balance. I'd like some of my corals that are too dark to lighten up a bit, I'd also like to see more base encrustation.
3: will an overdose of XTRA Special brown corals?
4: My current problems are a small Cyano and Algae breakout since I've hit 0 nitrates so I'm dosing 5ml Coral Snow with 3 drops Cyano Clean daily for the next two weeks. Is this OK?

Any tips on how I'm doing would be great and additional suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Joey
Old 01-31-2019, 11:31 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

It is so hard to achieve the same success without zeolites.
Fug will not do the same function. It will be hard to achieve unls without zeolites. And if your fug is big enough to get to such low nutrient levels I would argue you do not need most of the zeo products.
Pieace of advice just follow the program. I know you probably do not like this openion, but I have experimented for 3 years and I found that either follow zeo program conowlty or just do not use them. Some of the zeo products are so dangerous if you do not have true unls.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2019, 11:33 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

1.Zeo basic product core Zeo Bac, start3, sp, ZeoVit, activated carbon
2. Does the coral have growth?
3.Yes.Xtra special for water quality Ulns addition may be more suitable
4. This may be related to the third point. It is also a meaningful judgment to observe the appearance of the coral and the algae situation. Cyano Clean has no experience at present, and Zeo Coral Snow does help.

Some of the Kz systems are not recommended for use, which may affect biology.

Kz system has recommended suitable level parameters

Last edited by jacky; 01-31-2019 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:42 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Fug and unls are contradicting requirments.
To run fug you need nutrients for the algae(po4, no3) while zeo foal is to achieve unls then you add additives as you see fit.
Adding as as an example without zeolite will only increase no3.
Not having zeolitenwill mean your system will have some trace of ammonia, which means bacteria in zb wi not thrive.
I can get more technical here but my advice is to read more in depth about zeosysten to understand how it works. Once you do so, i assure you, you will not want to skip on the zeolite and will be forced to reduce your fug significantly.

Old 01-31-2019, 11:48 PM
maLx maLx 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
1.Zeo basic product core Zeo Bac, start3, sp, ZeoVit, activated carbon
2. Does the coral have growth?
3.Yes.Xtra special for water quality Ulns addition may be more suitable
4. This may be related to the third point. It is also a meaningful judgment to observe the appearance of the coral and the algae situation. Cyano Clean has no experience at present, and Zeo Coral Snow does help.

Some of the Kz systems are not recommended for use, which may affect biology.

Kz system has recommended suitable level parameters
Sorry, forgot to add I put in SP 2x Weekley because I have an enormous squamosa clam (about 12").

Yes, coral has growth.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:48 PM
maLx maLx 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
It is so hard to achieve the same success without zeolites.
Fug will not do the same function. It will be hard to achieve unls without zeolites. And if your fug is big enough to get to such low nutrient levels I would argue you do not need most of the zeo products.
Pieace of advice just follow the program. I know you probably do not like this openion, but I have experimented for 3 years and I found that either follow zeo program conowlty or just do not use them. Some of the zeo products are so dangerous if you do not have true unls.

Which products would you say are dangerous with out the stones?
Old 01-31-2019, 11:49 PM
maLx maLx 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Fug and unls are contradicting requirments.
To run fug you need nutrients for the algae(po4, no3) while zeo foal is to achieve unls then you add additives as you see fit.
Adding as as an example without zeolite will only increase no3.
Not having zeolitenwill mean your system will have some trace of ammonia, which means bacteria in zb wi not thrive.
I can get more technical here but my advice is to read more in depth about zeosysten to understand how it works. Once you do so, i assure you, you will not want to skip on the zeolite and will be forced to reduce your fug significantly.

I ran the stones before and could never get them dialed in. I fought STN for a year and a half before I pulled them. I won't go back to stones. For some reason my system jut didn't like them. I do however run stones on my nano which looks great.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:53 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by maLx View Post
Which products would you say are dangerous with out the stones?
Things like zeospur, zs CV,zz,aa,bb,aa, zf.
These are potent products and can increase no3 po4 quickly when used on a system that is not ulns.
Some of these products can bring with it cyano and algae like crazy.
Zeolites grow multiple strains of bacteria, some of which are able to grow in larg quantity because zeolites absorbed ammonia which skip the no2 and reduce no3 alot.

Old 01-31-2019, 11:54 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
I ran the stones before and could never get them dialed in. I fought STN for a year and a half before I pulled them. I won't go back to stones. For some reason my system jut didn't like them. I do however run stones on my nano which looks great.
This may be due to improper traffic and rapid nutrient reduction leading to the coral TN. Above the forum Sticky Basic Message (FAQ) You can read it first and get some information.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:57 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
I get what you say, and i know of i start telling you its because you did not dial them properly you faced that it will not matter.
What i would do if I am you, is to double down on fuge and only use safe products from zeovit with very small quantities cause your system will already have many of the nutrients that zeo additives are ingested for.
Otherwise I guarantee you, you gonna deal with cyano soon and you will struggle with sudden spikes of nutrient.
Sorry if am the grim reaper here, am keeping it real with you rather than send you on goose chases on your coral health expense.

Old 02-01-2019, 12:02 AM
maLx maLx 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Things like zeospur, zs CV,zz,aa,bb,aa, zf.
These are potent products and can increase no3 po4 quickly when used on a system that is not ulns.
Some of these products can bring with it cyano and algae like crazy.
Zeolites grow multiple strains of bacteria, some of which are able to grow in larg quantity because zeolites absorbed ammonia which skip the no2 and reduce no3 alot.

Thanks, I already have undetectable no3. It never registers with a NYOS test kit. I've dosed CV, Amino Acids daily with out issues. I don't plan on dosing ZEO Spur.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:09 AM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
Thanks, I already have undetectable no3. It never registers with a NYOS test kit. I've dosed CV, Amino Acids daily with out issues. I don't plan on dosing ZEO Spur.
Alrighty then.
Keep us posted

Old 02-01-2019, 12:09 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Using the basic products of the Zeo system, No3 is usually undetectable. Usually, the addition of nutrients in the coral tissue becomes light, with growth polyps and PE, and low water quality and malnutrition. It is the most suitable time to distinguish between NO3 and PO4. PO4<0.03ppm, and coral tissue appearance adjustment added
Old 02-01-2019, 12:19 AM
maLx maLx 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Using the basic products of the Zeo system, No3 is usually undetectable. Usually, the addition of nutrients in the coral tissue becomes light, with growth polyps and PE, and low water quality and malnutrition. It is the most suitable time to distinguish between NO3 and PO4. PO4<0.03ppm, and coral tissue appearance adjustment added
Sorry, I don't understand.
So just to be clear.

If my NO3 is undetectable that's good. Right?

You're saying if you add nutrients the coral tissue becomes light and has grown and PE? I'm not following I'm sorry.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:20 AM
maLx maLx 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Alrighty then.
Keep us posted

Thanks I will.

I put in some new colonies that are a bit pale but showing PE. Let's see how they color up and if they hold their color, turn brown or grey. I guess that will be indication as to what I'm doing if it's working.