zeovit.com Korallenzucht  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Cyno bacteria started
Last Post: Russreef
Posted On: Today
Replies: 18
Views: 290
0 A BALANCE
Last Post: shauli
Replies: 3
Views: 92
0 new to zeovit
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 288
Views: 27,769
0 New to Zeovit - help with getting started.
Replies: 10
Views: 576
0 80gallon Tank Build with Luke
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 14
Views: 2,022
0 Mein Kleines Wohnzimmerriff
Last Post: ArturW33
Replies: 53
Views: 3,341
0 Radion g3 pro x30
Last Post: Omen
Replies: 1
Views: 562
0 Start Zeovit system
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 15
Views: 543
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Posted On: 08-19-2019
Replies: 395
Views: 51,630
6 zeolites
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 08-19-2019
Replies: 5
Views: 121
More...
Old 01-12-2019, 09:53 PM
danno45 danno45 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default New System

Hello i have been out of reefing for 9 or 10 years. Im just strarting back into the reef again and want to run the Zeovit system. So went and i purchased a start up kit Zeovit rocks,zeo start 3,zeofood plus and zeobak. I found instructions on how to use it on this site but wanted to make sure im doing this the right way.
So the system im starting with is a 45 gal. tank and a 60 gal, sump. i have about 150 lbs of rock that has been in water for the last 9 or 10 years with salt water and heater with a power head going. have 40lbs. of dry sand in the tank.
I started running the tank about 10 days ago and tested
Old 01-12-2019, 10:06 PM
danno45 danno45 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Sorry my salt is at 1.25 ph. 8.0/ Ammonia 0/ Nitrite 0/ Nitrate 0/Alkalinity 8. I started the with 7ml of Zeostart,Zeobak 2 drops and Zeofood 2 drops.the next day 3 ml of Zeostart,2 drops of Zeobak i didnt put any Zeofood because i dont have anything in the tank but the 40lbs of sand and the 150lbs. of rock. My question is am i doing this right?
Old 01-12-2019, 11:33 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Can you please post some more details about your system:

https://zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10354

Also do you already have animals (fish, corals etc.) in the tank ?

G.Alexander
Old 01-13-2019, 12:02 AM
danno45 danno45 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

No fish corals or any life just put it together and running water and power heads. I thought i needed to cycle tank with the Zeovit starter kit,and Zeovit Media. From what i have been reading i need to wait 14 days before the tank will cycle through then i can put corals and fish into system. I didnt put protien skimmer on yet.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:57 PM
danno45 danno45 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I took alot of time to read what you sent me on this new build. Im hoping to get this right. I added some coral frags today and 2 clowns. In my original post i didn't put my lighting for now is 4-t5s 39 watt each. Im using Trapic marin reef pro. checked everything today.
Salinity 1.25
Ph 8.1
Cal 460
Mag 1350
Alk 9
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
natrate 0

Ill continue to the way i have been and see how it goes this week. The other thing should i start my protein skimmer up and is it ok to use kalkwasser to top off for evap. thanks for the help.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:34 AM
ZEOadmin

If you are able to remove the corals and fish you added yesterday I would recommend you to cycle the tank as follows:

https://zeovit.com/forums/showpost.p...60&postcount=7

This would be the best option for the cycle but it does not work if there are animals in the system already.

If this is not a option please let us know but therefore some more information about the system are necessary as linked yesterday.

G.Alexander
Old 01-15-2019, 08:05 AM
danno45 danno45 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I'm at day 7 i added 2 clown fish at day 5 and 5 small frags and had the lights on for 4 hrs. on Sunday and 8 hours yesterday. looks like i should start the protein skimmer today as i was reading your reply. I don't have anywhere else to put the fish or corals. i was just looking at the tank and theres no signs of algae yet. By leaving the fish in will it make a difference in cycle of the tank. thanks for your help again.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:10 AM
ZEOadmin

If you have animals in the system already you can not use the 14 day cycling method with the high initial dosage.

I have calculated the net water volume of your system to 85 US gallons, so this would be the base of the dosing calculation.

First start with the basics products to decrease nutrients:

1. Place 0.8 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Continuous water flow around 85 US gallons per hour. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks.

2. Place 0.3 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 3 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 – 3 x weekly dosage of 3 drops each. Dose 0.3 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on. Instead of dosing ZeoFood at this early stage I would recommend to dose 6 drops SpongePower daily for the first 2 weeks, than reduce to 3 drops daily.

Later on you could use the additional products like ZeoFood for coral coloration. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 – 10 % with a good salt.

Basic water parameters looking good, try to keep them as stabile as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 – 7.5
Ca 400 – 420 mg
Mg 1250 – 1300 mg
K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also, posting your results.

Make sure that the rocks you use does not leach PO4, it is common for dry rocks which have been in tanks for many years.

This is a start-up dosage which might have to be adjusted later.

G.Alexander
Old 01-16-2019, 11:29 PM
danno45 danno45 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Thank you for the help. I started this today so will continue your instruction and give an update in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2019, 10:23 PM
danno45 danno45 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

G.Alexander been doing everything that you put on the list. Everything is doing good. Im starting to see a couple spots of brown algae on the sand but its not bad at all. I do have two small hermit crabs in the tank and there on the rocks and sand picking away. The two clowns are great no problems at all and the few frags that are in the tank are growing. I have a couple of questions about the zeo products. Do they need to be refrigerator since there open? Am i supposed to do a water change or wait until four weeks? I use Tropic Marin reef salt. As of today here are the test results.

Ph 8.2
Kh 7
Cal 440
Mag 1290

I ordered a k+ test kit should be in this week.
Thank for all the help.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:55 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

All I know is Zeo Bac, CV, Biomate, which is recommended for refrigeration.
It is recommended to store the product in the temperature range of + 4 C to + 20 C, ie + 39.2 F to + 68 F
Old 01-21-2019, 02:16 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

If it is me, I will not choose to change the water during this period, this should be a normal phenomenon, as long as they are not very serious, I will try skimmer wet, if you are willing to get Zeo Coral Snow is also a good choice
Old 01-21-2019, 02:57 AM
ZEOadmin

This is the recommendation from the manufacturer to store the products:

https://zeovit.com/forums/showpost.p...33&postcount=4

All other products should be stored in a dry, dark place at normal room temperature.

If you start with the water changes now it will not cause trouble but it is also not really necessary at this stage. Main reason for the water change is to add elements in a balanced way. As the system does not contain much “element consumers” you can also wait until the first 4 – 6 weeks have passed.

G.Alexander
Old 01-21-2019, 12:52 PM
danno45 danno45 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks for the replays jacky and G.Alexander looks like were on the right path. I Do have another question when could I add another fish or even a couple more coral frags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2019, 04:39 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Day 11-14

The dose stated on day 4 was maintained. Carefully test carbonate hardness and salinity. If the basic water parameters are within the recommended range, more corals can now be added to the system. Additional fish can be added but should be very slow. Fish feeding must also be carried out with great care at this stage, as the biology is not very stable at this stage. Do not add more than 1-2 fish per week to 250 liters per week. After another 4 weeks, you can add the remaining fish, which are planned for the system.