Replies: 50
Views: 1,458
More...
Old 02-06-2019, 09:11 AM
skull skull 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default SPS Nutrition with aminos

Hello guys

I've been suffering from low nutrients on my aquarium in the past year and reading a lot on the past months on SPS nutrition, aminos, food and other stuffs, and now I have a specific question for you about those, first I can describe my system and then the question:

Aquarium Params:
NET water: 47 Gal
Density: 1.025
kH: 7.8 Stable
CA: 415-425
MG: 1350
K: 390
NO3: 5ppm (used to be 2.5ppm stable until 3 weeks ago)
PO4: 0 (tested with Hanna)

Equipment:
Skimmer: Deltec APF600 (rated for 1000 Lts)
Algae filter: DIY Algae Scrubber
Lighting: Super Full Spectrum DIY Cree Leds
AQ Controller: APEX 2016
Water Circulation: Gyre XF-250 controlled with APEX (3 different patterns)
Not running any zeovit product

Livestock:
2 perculas
1 Yellow Coris
About 10 SPS frags
Some other LPS polyps

Since I was suffering a lot from my skimmer and scrubber taking out all the nutrients I decided to start using ACROPOWER, started dosing 5ml per week (4 weeks ago) and now I am staring to see big changes on the corals, the acroporas are showing good and nice colors, my plate montis came back from a SURE DEATH and are green and red again, my setosa is better than ever with a super orange and fluo color, my caliendrum still doesn't show signs of recovery. I am also feeding corals with ReefRoids 2 days a week and see how all acros eat from this product.

The question is, should I give a try to Pohls Xtra and Coral Vitalizer? I really wanted to try the feeding products from Korallen Zucht and read a lot of good things on those two, BUT...am I already adding the aminos on those two zeovit products with the Acropower?
I am still calibrating the acropower dosing because with 5ml I get some small patches of cyano on the sand, however my filter capacity is running at 50 percent today and plan to bring that up again to push down the NO3 back to 2.5 so I can feed more.

What is your advice on these situation?
Old 02-06-2019, 09:36 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hello skull, what I know is that Zeo products (feeding, nutritional supplements) can be used in many systems, it does not cause system problems, provided that any product is very effective in low malnutrition, if you can control algae I believe there is no problem. Get some functional animals, and if you are willing to get Zeo Coral Snow, deeper cleans such as sand

If you like, you can start by making this regular dose and observe everything.

Xtra 1ml=100L=25 US gallons, 2 to 3 times a week
Zeo CV 1 drop = 100L = 25 US gallons, 2 to 3 times a week

Zeo Coral Snow 1ml=100L=25 US gallons, you can try it twice a week, you don't need to turn off skimmer, it doesn't matter if you add it early or late.

Can be dosed at 1/2, or twice a week
Zeo CV and Xtra are great, my favorite product
Old 02-07-2019, 03:13 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Really difficult to say as every system is different. We do also not know which kind of amino acids and other elements are contained in the products so impossible to say if you will see a further improvement or not while dosing those products additional.

All you can do is giving it a try, the dosing suggestion from Jacky is what I would start with also.

G.Alexander
Old 02-07-2019, 10:12 AM
skull skull 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Hello skull, what I know is that Zeo products (feeding, nutritional supplements) can be used in many systems, it does not cause system problems, provided that any product is very effective in low malnutrition, if you can control algae I believe there is no problem.
Thank you guys, so I will give it a try then..sure, algae is not a problem, just have to increase the scrubber and skimmer ON time on the APEX.

I did not hear anyone of mixing aminos before, but if I get a better result with the zeovit products I will definetely change to them in the future.
Also I am not dosing anything like Coral Vitalizer, so it will be a good addition as coral food.

Thank you guys.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:12 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I look forward to your re-release of the health and experience of the beautiful corals after use.

If you are willing to Zeo CV is really great, my experience with the product is - coral health and tissue is slightly thicker, the appearance color is similar to the color effect brought by potassium, better PE, and increase coral tissue mucus (better Healthy individual coral's own defense mechanism)

Adding Zeo CV, I observed that it won't bring too much NP

Its regular dose is Zeo CV 1 drop = 100L = 25 US gallons

You can start adding 2~3 times a week to observe all the beautiful changes.

I chose to add it when the light is off 1 hr, better PE, the effect is very good.

Zeo CV, I have given 2~3 times, even 5 times the dose, 600L=30 drops, no problem.

At that time, the tank was in Ulns, of course, so the addition of tonics and coloring elements was very good in low malnutrition.

If you like, you can try it, its really great.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:16 AM
skull skull 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Thank you Jacky, I will try them as soon as I get them, it's a little hard to find Korallen-Sucht products here in Buenos Aires, so I plan to have them with a friend who is travelling to the US soon.

So far, the Acropower is doing great improvements on my corals..
Old 02-11-2019, 09:30 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Thank you skull, online shopping is now very convenient. I also hope that you can share your experience after using Zeoo CV. Then I can know if Acropower is thankful for your use. What has changed for coral, thank you