zeovit.com Vertex  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 New tank Elos 160 XL
Last Post: Zuboov's
Posted On: Today
Replies: 59
Views: 5,943
0 360g stag horn dominate reef tank
Last Post: ycnibrc
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 22
Views: 1,581
0 15% Memorial Day Weekend SALE + MAP SPECIALS
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 0
Views: 25
0 Tank w.vreeswijk
Last Post: W.vreeswijk
Replies: 325
Views: 48,920
0 The Wife's going to kill me but its going to be worth it
Last Post: jackass
Replies: 6
Views: 145
0 GIVEAWAY: Aquarium Masters Heater and SmartTemp Heater
Posted On: 05-23-2019
Replies: 0
Views: 64
0 Moving to Zeovit - Recommendations please
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: 05-23-2019
Replies: 27
Views: 1,247
0 Austria Zeovit Reef 2.0
Last Post: Peter.
Posted On: 05-22-2019
Replies: 88
Views: 9,761
0 New System
Last Post: danno45
Posted On: 05-21-2019
Replies: 70
Views: 4,575
0 80gallon Tank Build with Luke
Posted On: 05-20-2019
Replies: 1
Views: 163
More...
Old 05-14-2019, 02:00 PM
PeterBedford PeterBedford 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default Core questions

HI all,
After a 2 years of running my tank with Zeovit from start I had to buy another tank, and move temporary everything as zeovit can't handle PO4 and NO3 at all. On the end my NO3 was above 80 and PO4 not drop below 0.49. Any way...

I'm gonna start again with zeovit but need to have few answers.
I'm gonna use my 2 years old pukani rocks (wash with powerwasher few times, dry out, soak in RO water, changed everyday for a week) same story with my old sand). I know how to start and dose regime, but I got diferent questions.

1. Why any kind of PO4 absorbers, reactors is not recommend with ZEOVIT?
2. Why refugiium witch ie cheato is not recomend with ZEOVIT?
3. Why zeovit is not working with dead rocks, is a more ZEObac required for start?
4. Why I can't run ZEOVIT and cheato with copepods to feed my fusy eater fishes? What will happen if I try do it? Any one tried this?

Only few question for start but I'm most interested about PO4 absorbers, Why You shouldn't use it. What is happening with system, bacteria if you use ROWAPHOS for example or even KZ Zeo Biophos 2 Phosphate Remover?

Thanks for reply.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:43 PM
Bugger Bugger 目前線上
ZEOdabbler

The system came out before Rowa Phos so the mentality is to run the system without it.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:56 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

My experience is not very good, try to come up with some ideas, not correct

1. Additional use of other methods may cause unnecessary trouble, it may affect biology, and may cause a pull between the two, a strong substitution of weakness, whether it is bacteria / biology / nutrient reduction / chemical changes / etc. , gradually causing coral pressure and other changes

2. Sorry, I don't understand the meaning.

3. It is not possible to use dry rock, just to ensure its source or characteristics (for example: once in the tank of the drug, can not determine what it leaches), it is also recommended to use some high-quality live rock, which can help the establishment of biology
Zeo base product dose and water volume are not directly related to dry rock / live eock / dry sand / usage

4. If you can control the NP to stabilize against malnourished water quality, and according to the health appearance of your favorite coral, I believe it should be innocuous.

Phosphate reduction needs to be removed/reduced by some means, adsorption/chemistry, etc. Different ways have its principle. We avoid this mutual contact/shock as much as possible.
and may have extended more problems to the original system, and the ultimate victim is coral.

I am sorry I can't give you a very professional answer. Maybe it is like this, my understanding.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:00 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Hello Peter, I try to answer your questions as follows:

1. PO4 absorbers are not necessary and cause quick changes of PO4 level which corals especially in a nutrient poor environment do not enjoy to much. Beside this they do remove more than just PO4 from the water.

2. You can run a refugium with algae, that is not a problem as long as you use algae which do grow even in nutrient poor systems.

3. Dry rocks do not have any kind of biology also their structure is often different from live rock. They can be used but to cycle the system will take much, much more time before the biology is really stabile. Additional you need to make sure those rocks do not leach nutrients or other unwanted substances.

4. Please see 2.

G.Alexander
Old 05-15-2019, 01:56 PM
PeterBedford PeterBedford 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Hello Peter, I try to answer your questions as follows:

1. PO4 absorbers are not necessary and cause quick changes of PO4 level which corals especially in a nutrient poor environment do not enjoy to much. Beside this they do remove more than just PO4 from the water.

2. You can run a refugium with algae, that is not a problem as long as you use algae which do grow even in nutrient poor systems.

3. Dry rocks do not have any kind of biology also their structure is often different from live rock. They can be used but to cycle the system will take much, much more time before the biology is really stabile. Additional you need to make sure those rocks do not leach nutrients or other unwanted substances.

G.Alexander
G. Aleksander.
As I'm gonna use dry rocks, should I add more ZEO Bac or Zeo Start 3 for initial dose? 400L net water volume.
Last time I dose:

Use 1 liter ZeoVit with a constant water flow of ~ 400 liters per hour through the reactor.

Initial dosage:

ZEObak: 20 ml
ZEOstart: 40 ml
Sponge Power: 12 ml

On day 4 continue with:

ZEObak: 4 drops daily
ZEOstart: 0.4 ml 2 x daily
Sponge Power: 4 drops daily

…until day 14, than continue dosing as follows:

ZEObak: 4 drops 3 x weekly
ZEOstart: 0.4 ml 2 x daily
Sponge Power: 4 drops daily
Old 05-15-2019, 08:43 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

My comments inline

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterBedford View Post
HI all,

After a 2 years of running my tank with Zeovit from start I had to buy another tank, and move temporary everything as zeovit can't handle PO4 and NO3 at all. On the end my NO3 was above 80 and PO4 not drop below 0.49. Any way...

I'm gonna start again with zeovit but need to have few answers.

I'm gonna use my 2 years old pukani rocks (wash with powerwasher few times, dry out, soak in RO water, changed everyday for a week) same story with my old sand). I know how to start and dose regime, but I got diferent questions.

1. Why any kind of PO4 absorbers, reactors is not recommend with ZEOVIT?

For the same reason you were complaining about your old tank. Zeovit is good with reducing po4 already and they are worried you use gfo and end up draining the system from po4 conpletly which is not good thing

2. Why refugiium witch ie cheato is not recomend with ZEOVIT?

Because algae need po4 and no3. Zeovit is unls, po4 and no3 are so low chateos and algae will die off. There is no role against adding chateos but it will not survive. Unless if you supplement with strong light like the hip and dose nutrient for the chateos to survive which defeat the purpose

3. Why zeovit is not working with dead rocks, is a more ZEObac required for start?

Zeovit work with dead rock, I usually start with dead. It will just take longer for the system to mature. Good is to seed with live rock. I do 80% dry 20% live.

4. Why I can't run ZEOVIT and cheato with copepods to feed my fusy eater fishes? What will happen if I try do it? Any one tried this?

See above answer. As I said you can run chatos but u need to give it nutrient. I ran for couple of years chaeto reactor. Dosed iron, iodine and some other nutrient specifically for chaetos. I also had kessil h80 on it. It thrived and no problem.

Only few question for start but I'm most interested about PO4 absorbers, Why You shouldn't use it. What is happening with system, bacteria if you use ROWAPHOS for example or even KZ Zeo Biophos 2 Phosphate Remover?

Couppe of things in the gfo like rowphose
1- it will host bacteria ad wll and end up competing with your zeolite. So when you change media your tank go through bit of change in the biolpad and go through mino cycle
2- zeo already run low po4, if you use gfo and stripped the system from po4 completely ita not good and you end up messing with coral nutrient.
3- I have used rowphose but tactically to reduce po4 for couple of days and stop. While testing po4 once a day to make sure I do not do zero po4

Thanks for reply.