zeovit.com Korallenzucht  

Go Back   zeovit.com > Picture Forums > Tank Gallery (All Languages)

Tank Gallery (All Languages) Please share your tank in general/building process etc.

Active Threads
0 Err problem!
Last Post: Craig the plumber
Posted On: Today
Replies: 3
Views: 70
0 130 л Зеовит аква
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 55
Views: 3,132
0 Helping dosing zeo system.
Replies: 25
Views: 818
0 Pumpen fr den Kz Abschumer S
Last Post: sps_muc
Replies: 11
Views: 1,433
0 Zeo-Einsteiger hat Fragen
Replies: 15
Views: 174
0 hope to start new tank with zeovit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 99
Views: 8,548
0 Zeovit 14 days cycle red sea reefer 250
Replies: 42
Views: 4,649
0 Help with zeovit
Replies: 21
Views: 1,711
0 My salty box
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 15
Views: 1,596
0 GIVEAWAY: Coral Frenzy Coral Food
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 1
Views: 96
More...

Old 07-18-2018, 04:10 PM
Craig the plumber Craig the plumber ثeuW
ZEOhead in Training

Default My salty box

Thought Id start up a tank thread on here hopefully people can share their experience, help steer me in the right direction and maybe learn from some of the mistakes I hopefully wont make... and lets face it most people on here are going to like looking at reef tanks!
I had run a zeovit system before on my previous tank which was 400l net volume. Ive just upgraded and doubled the water volume the new tank is a custom diy 120cm x 100cm x 61cm with an external overflow box sump is 70cm 80cm x 35cm Im currently on day 2 of the zeovit cycle the tank was aquascaped dry using mature live rock that I kept wet by spraying it with salt water till finished I then filled the tank with 800l of natural sea water instantly. I do have a disclaimer... I have gone for an automatic reactor made by another company and due to stone size have opted to use their version of zeovit stones I am going to treat these as you would running full zeovit so for 800l I am using 2l of stones with 800lph flow. Tank is lit with 2x ati sunpowers that have been customised to hold ai hydras so running 8x 54w t5 bulbs and 4x ai hydra 52HDs
Protein skimmer is a bubble king doublecone 200+, return pump is a vectra l1 and in tank flow is provided by 2x gyre xf150s and 2x mp40qd and the tank is managed by an apex classic I have installed a clarisea fleece filter which can be bypassed if needs be, a deltec pf501 CAco2 reactor and I have a 3 Channel dosing pump that Im going to use to dose start3, mg and k balance.
So thats the back story but everyones here for the pics I guess...
Heres the stand being built

The tanks being built

The equipment starting to build up

Finishing the stand

Aquascaping and filling the tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2018, 01:27 AM
berlin-riff berlin-riff ثeu

Hey it Looks realy good

I hope it works realy well and you have fun with it
Dont Forget updating us here from time to time
Old 07-19-2018, 03:03 AM
blackizzz blackizzz ثeuW
ZEOhead

This looks great! Love the aquascape
Old 08-05-2018, 08:49 AM
ZEOhead in Training

First bit of livestock in the tank (sorry about iPhone pics)

Going to give it a few weeks before adding more fish as want to make sure they have settled but will be adding more coral soon.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:32 AM
ZEOhead in Training

Bit of an update have moved in my fish from there holding tank have been steadily adding coral over the last few months. Calcium reactor has been running smoothly but nutrient levels had risen from all the fish feeding but back on their way down now. (Last checked on 9/9/18 @ aprox 1.5ppm) Replaced my stones last weekend and started dosing bak daily then realised I was supposed to be dosing every three days only side effect is some bacteria film on the sand and glass. Doing some tank maintenance today Ill try upload some parameters later after my waterchange just checked my alk which has been sitting at 6.8 for weeks. After noticing a seriatapora had limited polyp extension started to dose k+ at 8ml/day just received my test kit and checked that, its at 410 so going to monitor now and alter dose accordingly. Have also ordered some b balance and kaliumiodidefluor so they will be worked into the dosing regime when they arrive. Some of the corals that where added first are starting to base out and colour up the leds are due to finish the acclimation period next week so hoping once the lights are at full power Ill see improvements in growth and colour. Here are some of the corals probably worth mentioning that a lot of the shops I have been visiting have had coral stock affected by the heat wave and other issues so corals where not purchased in the best of health but got them nice and cheap

Here are some pics of the tank and its inhabitants

Thanks for looking

Old 09-17-2018, 02:19 PM
blackizzz blackizzz ثeuW
ZEOhead

Looking good Craig! I really like that scape
Old 01-27-2019, 07:15 AM
ZEOhead in Training

Time for an overdue update...

I lost my moorish idol unfortunately it just stopped feeding and went down hill. I took this as a sign not to get another. I moved on my majestic angel as he was nipping at certain sps and demolished any zoas or lps I added. Its been a few months since the last update and Ive been stocking up on coral wholesale. The tissue colour has yet to pale out but I made a few changes to the tank at the start of the year I have changed my t5 bulb combination and set my ai hydras to a copy of radions ab+ schedule with a 4 hour whiter photoperiod and then predominantly blue with 6 ati blue+ and 2 Fiji pink bulbs giving me a 20k look. The leds are still acclimating slowly once they reach full intensity I may start to extend the whiter photoperiod.

I added an additional Zeo reactor back in December as Im using the fm automatic one and wasnt getting enough flow through 2l of stones in the one reactor.

I had some cyano issues in December so I re evaluated my dosing and have been dosing the following over January.

Daily- 0.4ml zeostart 3, 4 drops sponge power & 10ml of k balance(set up on a doser and adjusted to tests)
Mon- b balance 8ml, zeobak 8drops
Tuesday- biomate 8 drops
Wednesday- b balance 8ml then 16drops cyano clean and 8ml a balance in the evening
Thursday- 8 drops zeobak
Friday- 8ml b balance, 8 drops biomate
Saturday- 10% waterchange then evening 16 drops cyano clean and 8ml a balance
Sunday- 8 drops kaliumiodidefluor

The cyano has cleared up but still get the odd patch. The coral tissue has started to pale out slightly but some of the acros deeper in the tank have darker tissue but Im starting to see it become paler I have an Aussie acro that looks brown with a blue hue to the polyps however the base tissue is starting to show a nice golden yellow in places. A lot of the coral has been basing out considerably and some are really exploding with growth now. I have started adding cv a few times a week and polyp extension has been positively affected.
My last test results (due to test again today) where
No3- 0.25
Po4- 0.02
K+- 400
Ca- 470
Alk- 6.6 (very stable I test daily)
Mg- 1400

On a whole the tank seems very happy and its looking good just waiting to see those pastel colours. The tank is now 6 months old water was added in July so Im sure its just a waiting game.
Here are some pics of the tank now that its pretty much full... (apologies for iPhone pics they dont do it justice)

the growth on that Millie has been unreal its grown about 3x the size it was 4 months ago

the dark acro with yellow showing through

sponge growth in the sump
newest addition pic doesnt do it justice its a metallic turquoise colour

Old 01-27-2019, 08:02 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

It looks good. From your narrative, many corals disappear a lot. Can you know why?

I like simple descriptions and layouts. You are a player who loves nature corals. It's great.Forever story version, I enjoy it and look forward to the next update.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:20 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
It looks good. From your narrative, many corals disappear a lot. Can you know why?

I like simple descriptions and layouts. You are a player who loves nature corals. It's great.Forever story version, I enjoy it and look forward to the next update.

Thanks Im pretty pleased with how its looking
Not really had a lot of coral death I lost a few due to stn in the beginning but think this was just down to placement. I have been tracking the main 3 ca, alk and mag I also track potassium and occasionally test for strontium and iodide but with the hobby grade kits I think Im just going to start to do a triton test monthly I was talking to vince over at aquarium connections and he was saying about the new triton n-doc test and how it could potentially be used to dial in dosages of the base additives (bak, start3 and food7) so might start to do one of each for a few months just dont know if I can justify another 65 each month but could at least try it for a few months to dial it in a bit then do once every few months.

Old 01-27-2019, 07:13 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig the plumber View Post
Thanks Im pretty pleased with how its looking
Not really had a lot of coral death I lost a few due to stn in the beginning but think this was just down to placement. I have been tracking the main 3 ca, alk and mag I also track potassium and occasionally test for strontium and iodide but with the hobby grade kits I think Im just going to start to do a triton test monthly I was talking to vince over at aquarium connections and he was saying about the new triton n-doc test and how it could potentially be used to dial in dosages of the base additives (bak, start3 and food7) so might start to do one of each for a few months just dont know if I can justify another 65 each month but could at least try it for a few months to dial it in a bit then do once every few months.

Thank you
Old 01-30-2019, 06:13 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Few pics I downloaded from my camera With macro lens

Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Im after some advice guys last week I added 2 small rocks to my display tank these where dry rocks that had been soaked in ro previously then spent 3 weeks in a bucket of tank water with a circulation pump for flow to which I added zeobak and biomate but they couldnt have cycled. Now in the tank they are having a mini cycle except its not so mini... in the last week the new rocks have become covered in diatoms and several of my sps have become pale the majority are unaffected and 2 have actually browned up. Ive tested the water several times and my nutrient levels are low no3-0 po4-0.02 all other parameters are in check besides calcium which is at 490 and Ive performed 2 water changes since the rocks where added however Ive noticed over the last few days that the water has a slight cloudiness to it and I came home from work today to find that a colony of sarmentosa has stned from the base and several other corals are looking a little ropey. Now Im 90% on this being a bacteria issue I have fragged and dipped the sarmentosa. Im after advice on what the next action is I have also changed the carbon which was due to be changed this weekend and I have started shaking the stones more (in hope to export some bacteria) I have double checked reactor flow. Think my plan is to back off the carbon and bacteria dosing for the rest of the week. Or am I looking at this the wrong way?

My system
Filled in July 2018
800l net with a calcium reactor
bubbleking doublecone 200 skimming dry
I also use a clarisea sk5000 with the bypass half open.
Tank was originally filled with nsw
Mature live rock was used with dry sand

Fish stock I have
2 tangs
5 anthias
2 clowns
Scarlet hawk fish
Black cap gramma
3 small wrasse
Mandarin
Yellow watchman goby
I feed fairly heavy too

ZEOVIT DOSING

Constant:
-2 reactors with 1l of stones each with 400lph(1l = 9 secs) turnover for 4weeks last changed 9/2/19
-300g(aprox 0.6l) activated carbon passive for 4 weeks last changed 26/1/19 and today
-3l of siporax in 1st chamber

Daily:
Start3 = 2x daily 0.4ml (am & pm)
Sponge power = 4drops daily (am)
K balance =10ml daily (dosing pump)

Set days:
Mon: b balance 8ml & bak 8 drops,/4ml extra
Tues: biomate 8 drops /8 drops cv
Wed: kaliumiodidefluor 8 drops, b balance 8ml & Zeofood 8drops/ cyano clean 16 drops 8ml a balance
Thurs: bak 8 drops / 8 drops cv(pm)
Fri: biomate 8drops, b balance 8ml /extra 4ml
Sat: zeofood 8 drops/ cyano clean 16 drops, a balance 8ml
Sunday: kaliumiodidefluor 8 drops /cv 8drops

Additional:
-Zeozym = 1x fortnightly dosed with bak on a Monday skimmer off for 3.5 hours (am)
-Zeofood7 = 16 drops 1st week of the month no start dosed this week daily (am) then 8 drops wed & sat (am)
-Kaliumiodidefluor = 8 drops wed,sun (pm)
-Coral snow = 8ml Wed & sat (pm)
-Coral snow+ = 1-8ml in place of Cs when po4 is higher than 0.03 (pm)

Here are some pics unfortunately lights are going down and I have an iPhone. Hard to see but the tank does look cloudy and the best way to describe the pale corals is that it looks bleached or that the skin looks thin. Have goniopora clams and euphilia all looking fine. Have certain sps looking very healthy other than 2 that have darkened and 6 that look pale.
brown
brown
pale in the middle
pale
fts
cloudy water
hope these make it

If anyone can give some advice Id be grateful.

Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

An idea

"Adding 2 small stones, these dry rocks have been soaked in front of the ro, and then used a circulating pump in a bucket of water for 3 weeks."

Hurry and remove it first to see if the situation improves.

Maybe there is a stone, there is a "copper" element.

This is my guess
Old Yesterday, 06:36 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
An idea

"Adding 2 small stones, these dry rocks have been soaked in front of the ro, and then used a circulating pump in a bucket of water for 3 weeks."

Hurry and remove it first to see if the situation improves.

Maybe there is a stone, there is a "copper" element.

This is my guess

I dont think thats possible these rocks where leftover from when I set my old tank tank up several years ago recently I soaked in ro to leach po4 out then I attempted to cycle in salt water from my tank with a power head in an old salt bucket wouldnt have been anywhere near any copper. Im thinking they didnt cycle and now with diatoms on them they are cycling in tank and creating a bacteria bloom. I will assess again tomorrow after work as it is earliest I can do anything and may remove them then.

Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

"creating a bacteria bloom", then it should be determined that the source of the problem is the relationship of the stone, perhaps copper, maybe other harmful substances.

I think if it is the relationship of the si element, the coral performance should not be the same as the picture, if the ICP may be good