zeovit.com Korallenzucht  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 A restart
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 183
Views: 16,996
0 100g SPS Tank
Last Post: AG Reefer
Posted On: Today
Replies: 100
Views: 7,855
0 GIVEAWAY: Maxspect Coral Gluegun and Coral Handsaw
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 37
0 Zeo-Testbecken
Replies: 17
Views: 648
0 Farbgebung verbessern
Last Post: michaelb12
Replies: 8
Views: 350
5 green algae outbreak
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 43
Views: 1,386
0 Refrigerate????
Posted On: 12-16-2018
Replies: 1
Views: 134
0 Was ist das ?
Replies: 11
Views: 271
0 changing to full zeo,need some advice and help
Replies: 30
Views: 1,081
0 Brand new 60 gallon tank for ZeoVit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 8
Views: 174
More...

Old 03-03-2018, 07:19 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GMe View Post
I used dino-x before. It is available in the USA, I believe brs sells it along with a couple other vendors. It worked well but now I have clams and a starfish which they state is not safe for them. It also came back after a couple months. I haven't checked but it's starting to get a bit stringy, not snotty like yet and no bubbles so I'm hoping it's just diatoms from me stirring the sand bed.
Sorry i meant to say phyco ex not dino x. I did not hear good things about dino x.
Dinos are protozons, if you erradicated them they should not come back unless if you get them to you system again through an infected water sample or coral...etc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2018, 07:20 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
Sorry i meant to say phyco ex not dino x. I did not hear good things about dino x.
Dinos are protozons, if you erradicated them they should not come back unless if you get them to you system again through an infected water sample or coral...etc

Just check them under microscope, a cheap one will do the trick and get you out of the doubt.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:16 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

The Dinos do usually disappear while the night and grow back in the morning quick when the light is switched on again.

Here you can find a short video for identification with a microscope:

http://zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20208

Just klick on the first picture in the thread and you will see a video. They do move in circles.

G.Alexander
Old 03-04-2018, 02:45 AM
65GMe 65GMe 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Just check them under microscope, a cheap one will do the trick and get you out of the doubt.

Can they get dried out like say on a took that was used in the tank. Then be reintroduced to the tank when using the same tool at a later date? I'm talking tools being completely dried out.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:48 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Can they get dried out like say on a took that was used in the tank. Then be reintroduced to the tank when using the same tool at a later date? I'm talking tools being completely dried out.
I honestly cannot give a scientific answer to this as i do not know. All i know is that they can be re introduced, or there were more left behind and treatment was not 100% effective. See if you can get phyco ex, its wonder drug.

Old 03-06-2018, 01:23 AM
65GMe 65GMe 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

So it's been three weeks since I brought zeovit online. I currently have three liters of zeovit in the reactor with 300 GPH flowing through it. Currently only dosing start at 1.5 ml twice a day. ZB 3x a week, SP 3 x a week, BM 3x a week. ZZ is used with BM and CS with ZB.

Initially my nutrients rose to 50 ppm no3 salifert and .26 po4 Hanna URL. Those numbers have not changed for the last couple weeks. Does this mean the zeovit material is working and the bacteria culture has grown to substantial amounts to keep nutrients from raising?

I was doing automatic water changes at 3 gallons a day but plan to do a large water change soon to try and bring down the nutrients. Should I continue with my dosing until nutrients get low enough to start dosing all the other products I have on hand?

I was thinking maybe I should add one more liter of zeovit at the four week mark to bring the total of zeovit stones to four liters. I know I should have about 3.5 liters of stones for my system volume but I have a heavily stocked tank of fish.

There are 8 tangs in the tank, all range from med to large to extra large. Lots of wrasse, a few Pygmy angels, several chromosome and cardinals. All total, about 50 or so fish in my tank. Would I have issues running four liters of stone or should I just run add .5 more liters for a total of 3.5 with is recommended?
Old 03-06-2018, 01:42 AM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前離線
ZEOhead

So is the system 3 weeks old or its older than that but u just started zeo 3 weeks ago? Am bit confused cause on your early posts you mentioned that you been on zeo for 7 months
Old 03-06-2018, 03:26 AM
65GMe 65GMe 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
So is the system 3 weeks old or its older than that but u just started zeo 3 weeks ago? Am bit confused cause on your early posts you mentioned that you been on zeo for 7 months
The system is about 7 months old, started zeo 3 weeks ago
Old 03-06-2018, 06:19 AM
ZEOadmin

My recommendation is to continue as posted a couple of days ago:

http://zeovit.com/forums/showpost.ph...31&postcount=9

If you use more Zeovit material you might experience issues with your corals so I would not recommend to.

Do you run the reactor with a 3 hour on / off interval ?

G.Alexander
Old 03-06-2018, 01:58 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
The system is about 7 months old, started zeo 3 weeks ago
got it, I would recommend to follow alex directions to the letter and update your thread often so we all monitor the status of the system
Old 03-07-2018, 04:43 AM
65GMe 65GMe 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
My recommendation is to continue as posted a couple of days ago:

http://zeovit.com/forums/showpost.ph...31&postcount=9

If you use more Zeovit material you might experience issues with your corals so I would not recommend to.

Do you run the reactor with a 3 hour on / off interval ?

G.Alexander
Thanks fellas, will continue as advised. I do not run the three hour cycle. I figure with my high bio load, it would raise nutrients too much. Instead, I started with only 3 liters of stones and only 150 GPH through the reactor. I slowly raised the flow to 300 GPH. Corals looks to be doing well and holding color. Growth has really stalled or stopped all together, possible due to the high po4 levels I assume. I did test the po4 tonight and it has dropped from .26 to .17 according to Hanna Ulr.

When I change out stones, do I only change 50% of the stone on first exchange? If nutrients continue to drop, is it advisable to lower the flow through the reactor to avoid po4 from reach zero? I'd like nutrients to be low but not bottom out at zero.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:50 AM
ZEOadmin

I would recommend to replace 90% of the material while keeping the reactor flow of 300 US gallons per hour.

Please also make sure your system has a K+ level of ~ 380 mg.

…and do not replace the carbon at the same time as the zeovit material, keep about one week between both exchanges.

G.Alexander
Old 03-13-2018, 08:17 PM
65GMe 65GMe 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

I did my first stone change of 90% on Friday. Today I tested po4 and it is at .31 ppm. Before the stone change, the po4 was at .21. Is it normal for nutrients to spike after a stone change? K+ is at 350 per my last triton icp test so I have K-balance strong on the way. How often and how much should I dose kbs?
Old 03-13-2018, 11:27 PM
65GMe 65GMe 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

I have zeofood, do I need to dose that to feed the bacteria and help reduce the nutrients?
Old 03-14-2018, 03:02 AM
ZEOadmin

If nutrients increase temporary after the zeovit exchange the biology of the system is still building up usually this does not happen after some time anymore.

Did you order K-Balance Standard or K-Balance Strong ?

At the moment no ZeoFood is necessary, lets use it later if the system runs nutrient poor stabile to fine tune coral coloration.

G.Alexander