zeovit.com BulkReefsupply  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 new 75 gallon tank
Last Post: esco
Posted On: Today
Replies: 62
Views: 10,471
0 New System
Last Post: danno45
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 189
Views: 47,993
0 Newbie - Where To Start
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 18
Views: 541
0 PO4 still high
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 5
Views: 121
0 80gallon Tank Build with Luke
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 37
Views: 39,173
0 Farbgebung verbessern
Last Post: michaelb12
Replies: 17
Views: 4,046
0 wie hoch muss NO3 und PO4 mindestens sein
Last Post: LazyBoy
Replies: 51
Views: 36,111
0 Completed 2 months in Zeovit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 29
Views: 1,711
0 Dosing
Replies: 5
Views: 119
0 Returning to reefing...
Posted On: 01-18-2020
Replies: 24
Views: 2,311
More...

Old 12-03-2019, 11:40 AM
Nuuze Nuuze 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Looks good, keep planning (# 10). Dr. Tim's "One and Only" I don't know what kind of product it is. At this stage, only Zeo Basic 4 is required. In this establishment process, more white lighting may be better than blue lighting. Congratulations, new project tank, i like / envy you
Thank you kindly as well as all the support!

I forgot to include...

December 1 - Water Tests:
Alkalinity - 8
Ammonia - 0
Calcium - 480
Magnesium - 1440
Nitrate - 5
Nitrite - 0
Phosphate - .07
Potassium - 400 (tested Dec 2)
ZEO Reactor flow: 100gph (via Neptune flow valve)
Old 12-03-2019, 10:03 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

The basic water parameters seem to be on the high side, we can start by looking at salinity and check if it is correct. What salinity do you use to check?

3. Are you currently using a CaCO2 reactor or other technology part 2 because there is no bioburden
(Close it temporarily, or adjust)

Kh 6.5~75
Ca 400~420
Mg 1250~1300
K+ 380-400
Old 12-04-2019, 02:48 AM
Nuuze Nuuze 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hi jacky,

I'm using the following refractometer and calibration fluid. Neptune APEX also has salinity probe calibrated with 53000 猶 conductivity solution. Both meters are within same range when checked. I keep second guessing as well and re-calibrating!

Currently no calcium reactor or 2-part dosing. All those levels are from Reef Crystals salt. Only other dosing is ZEO basic 4.

I have last minute business trip for couple weeks so will be automating ZEOstart3 on BRS 1.1ml/min doser and my family will handle ZEObak & Sponge Power.
1:19, ZeoStart3 / RODI water = 100ml of ZEOstart3 will make 2l diluted. Will share the pics once calibrated and completed.

Old 12-04-2019, 02:54 AM
Nuuze Nuuze 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Also, today I re-read this thread and realized I have not changed my lighting spectrum since startup of tank. My 3 Radion XR15 G4 Pro's were set at 30% only blues on.

In the afternoon I adjusted intensity to 60% and 20k color temp. Almost within an hour or so water is noticeably clearing up!!! So maybe the lighting intensity was too dim...
Old 12-04-2019, 02:56 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Thanks Nuuze, it looks great. Crystal salt, I have no experience with products. Mg = 1440. Usually the salt mixture on the market, mg will not be this level. Then maybe a difference in salinity, or the possibility of the test package being incorrect
For the same reason, if there is no additional way to add Ca, then it does seem a bit high.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:06 AM
Nuuze Nuuze 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I agree with those levels I even called my kids over to retest with extra eyes! I think, they think I'm crazy...haha
Old 12-05-2019, 10:52 PM
Nuuze Nuuze 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Today I completed doser for ZEOstart3. So my family only has to worry about adding ZEObak and Sponge Power for me while I'm away on business.

1:19, ZeoStart3 / RODI water.
(100ml of ZeoStart3 : 1900ml of boiled and cooled RO/DI = 2000ml)

Example: 0.2mL of ZeoStart3 = 4mL of mixed solution
My actual dose: 0.6ml ZeoStart3 = 12ml mixed solution

BRS Doser runnig for 10 mins = 13ml = 1.3ml/min. So I run doser for 9 mins = 11.7ml.

Old 01-18-2020, 04:25 AM
Nuuze Nuuze 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
SpongePower has a positive side effect to the biology so my recommendation is to use the product also fur the future. 1 drop / 25 US gallons 2 3 x weekly works very well.

ZeoStart has to be dosed on a daily basis so 0.6 ml 2 x daily would be the right amount for your system size.

Once the 14 day cycle has ended I would recommend dosing as follows until the first 4 weeks have passed:

ZeoBac 6 drops 2 x weekly
ZeoStart 0.6 ml 2 x daily
SpongePower 6 drops every other day

After 4 weeks replace 50% of the ZeoVit material and start dosing ZeoBac daily again for 10 days. One week later replace the carbon.

Next ZeoVit exchange would be 4 weeks later, than replace 90% of the material. Further exchanges can be lengthen to 6 8 weeks. Always replace 90% than and dose ZeoBac daily for 10 days after each exchange, otherwise 2 x weekly.

G.Alexander
Okay, so I have been following the following above. Before the media change I could not rid the cloudy water after stop dosing. I ended up investing in a $75 AA Aquarium Green Killing Machine 24w for time being. After 48 hours my water is crystal clear. So I leave it running now except two hours off after dosing.

After 4 weeks (December 29) replace 50% of the ZeoVit material and start dosing ZEObak daily again for 10 days (December 30-January 8). One week later replace the carbon (January 15)

Tonight I did a spot check of the following parameters.

Alkalinity - 8
Phosphate - 0.01
Nitrate - 0

Avast Zeo Reactor flow: 125gph.

Should the low levels of Phosphate and Nitrate be any concern???

Also since changing salts from Reef Crystals to Red Sea (blue bucket) my Alkalinity finally has come down below 8.5+. So I plan on putting CaRx online to maintain steady 8dkh.

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2020, 06:13 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I'm so happy that everything seems to be going well, you did a great job.

Keep the Zeo plan

Obtain a potassium test kit, potassium to 380 mg (if insufficient, "slow" lift)

The system is currently very young, you can start adding some corals, observe the response of the corals, or add some functional animals. Also remember, dont overdo it, keep it low in nutrients, and biology takes time
Old 01-18-2020, 11:49 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

No worry because of the water parameters, they are ideal. Lets also check the K+ level of the system, should be ~ 380 mg. Running the UV filter constant is not recommended as it does damage several ingredients of the products even if you switch it off for some time while dosing. I would recommend to shorten its running interval until you switch it off completely. The cloudiness should disappear even without UV.

G.Alexander