zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > Picture Forums > Tank Gallery (All Languages)

Tank Gallery (All Languages) Please share your tank in general/building process etc.

Active Threads
0 Unable to reduce Nitrate
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 4
Views: 84
0 Considering a move to zeovit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 11
Views: 211
0 DIY Auto Zeovit Reactor
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 1
Views: 82
0 stylo pucci glow - how to use
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 1
Views: 88
0 130 л Зеовит аква
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 72
Views: 5,210
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 194
Views: 19,301
0 GIVEAWAY: Icecap Smart Fan
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 26
0 GIVEAWAY: Red Sea RSK 300 Reefer Protein Skimmer
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 1
Views: 149
0 Zeostart NO3 and low PO4
Last Post: skull
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 2
Views: 78
0 New Products from Innovative Marine + NERO & Neptune Cor20 Back in STOCK
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 03-17-2019
Replies: 0
Views: 55
More...
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #256  
Old 03-04-2019, 06:28 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,563
Default

Not sure if ZeoFood is really the reason, Dinos for example do disappear often completely while lights are off growing back over the day when lights are running. You might do another experiment, just check your tank midday if it is the same when you have not dosed ZeoFood.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 03-04-2019, 07:39 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Not sure if ZeoFood is really the reason, Dinos for example do disappear often completely while lights are off growing back over the day when lights are running. You might do another experiment, just check your tank midday if it is the same when you have not dosed ZeoFood.

G.Alexander
I completely agree, however, this was the second time it happened after dosing ZF7, whereas the dinos weren't (at least not close to as much) present the day before. Find that to be quite a coincidence

I'll check during week, but I'd almost bet a hefty amount that it'll be less and less every day. That was my experience the last time it happened

But we'll see
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 03-04-2019, 11:21 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 452
Default

Sure thing, when I came home there are way less "dinos" than was present yesterday. "Definitely" a good sign. Wish I still had som biomate, but just ran out and no store close carries Zeovit products
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 03-09-2019, 08:37 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 452
Default

Received a small shipment of acros this week
4 pieces

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5146.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	22067

They've been in the tank since wednesday, and are doing quite well

First pic is taken with a filter as it was taken at night with coral snow in the tank but I'm too lazy to take another The rest are just straight out of the phone, full spectrum lighting
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5168 2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	22064

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5179 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	22063

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5178 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	22065

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5149 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	22066

The fourth is just a little bit too close to the glass to get enough light to show the colors on a picture, but I'll get a top down once they're mounted
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 03-09-2019, 08:42 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 452
Default

Rest of the tank is doing well, I'm still working on getting rid of the dinos, but once they've gotten hold they usually stay for a while Colors are a little light on a few corals, dark on a few and pretty good on a few, combined with a slow but noticable growth (encrusting).

KH is dropping though, last measured at 8.7, so high still, but hopefully going down
Reply With Quote
  #261  
Old 03-09-2019, 08:55 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,499
Default

Great, the new 4 corals, the tank is getting more and more lively. Regarding Dino, can you share your thoughts about whether or not they (dino) are triggered by what kind of medium? Can you listen to your thoughts?
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 03-09-2019, 09:10 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,499
Default

I don't know if you have turned off or changed the lighting time. During the period when I turned off the lights, I noticed that the consumption of kh is decreasing. Is this the reason?
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 03-09-2019, 09:13 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Great, the new 4 corals, the tank is getting more and more lively. Regarding Dino, can you share your thoughts about whether or not they (dino) are triggered by what kind of medium? Can you listen to your thoughts?
My theory is the following, based only on experiences and my own conclusions, so probably filled with holes and question marks
Dinos appear to thrive when nitrates hit 0 and phosphates are measurable, at least in my tank.
Twice now the dinos have worsened significantly after using zeofood, probably it raised phosphates out of proportion to nitrates, and "boom" - Dinos.
Dosing Zeostart in a larger quantity than usual (which contains nitrates) has previously worked, and I'm going to testing that again.

So in short: hitting 0 nitrates probably caused the issue from the beginning. Dosing something that raised phosphates but not nitrates made the issue worse.

Plan of action: dose nitrates (zeostart3), skim even dryer than I have, possibly lower flow through reactor.

Again, might be wrong, might be right
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 03-09-2019, 09:14 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
I don't know if you have turned off or changed the lighting time. During the period when I turned off the lights, I noticed that the consumption of kh is decreasing. Is this the reason?
No change in light
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 03-09-2019, 09:36 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackizzz View Post
My theory is the following, based only on experiences and my own conclusions, so probably filled with holes and question marks
Dinos appear to thrive when nitrates hit 0 and phosphates are measurable, at least in my tank.
Twice now the dinos have worsened significantly after using zeofood, probably it raised phosphates out of proportion to nitrates, and "boom" - Dinos.
Dosing Zeostart in a larger quantity than usual (which contains nitrates) has previously worked, and I'm going to testing that again.

So in short: hitting 0 nitrates probably caused the issue from the beginning. Dosing something that raised phosphates but not nitrates made the issue worse.

Plan of action: dose nitrates (zeostart3), skim even dryer than I have, possibly lower flow through reactor.

Again, might be wrong, might be right
Thank you, very clear explanation. This is worth thinking about, so now you are in the way of upgrading N, right?
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 03-09-2019, 09:37 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackizzz View Post
No change in light
Understand the meaning,I really can't think of any reason.
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 03-09-2019, 09:40 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Thank you, very clear explanation. This is worth thinking about, so now you are in the way of upgrading N, right?


Yes! Trying to increase N always had problems keeping N over 0. Might set the zeostart dose to double for a week and see how it turns out
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 03-09-2019, 10:45 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackizzz View Post
Yes! Trying to increase N always had problems keeping N over 0. Might set the zeostart dose to double for a week and see how it turns out
Looks good, if I encounter Dino again next time, I will try it, thank you
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7, Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by ZeoVit.com