zeovit.com BulkReefsupply  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 High no3 and po4
Last Post: babajaga
Posted On: Today
Replies: 10
Views: 164
0 REFRIGERATED FOODS Flat Rate $7.99 2-Day Air Shipping
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 38
0 Curious about all zeovit tank T5 combination
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 5
Views: 737
0 360g stag horn dominate reef tank
Last Post: ycnibrc
Posted On: 12-11-2019
Replies: 30
Views: 8,701
0 What's NEW from Tropic Eden? + 40% OFF Premium Refractometer
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 0
Views: 94
0 vermetid snails.. and success stories
Last Post: Mario_B
Replies: 16
Views: 517
0 Daelie's Reefer 250
Replies: 3
Views: 239
0 Rollermat with full Zeo
Posted On: 12-10-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 232
4 Featured Tank . Pawel Szember (paszembe) - Poland
Last Post: tony73
Posted On: 12-10-2019
Replies: 20
Views: 8,676
0 Radion G4 XR30 & Zeovit
Last Post: Silent
Posted On: 12-09-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 363
More...
Old 12-02-2019, 01:40 PM
Bharatbedi Bharatbedi 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Default Completed 2 months in Zeovit

Started Zeovit 30th September 2019

Dear ZeoVit Family,

Firstly thanks a lot for your continuous support and help specially to Alaxender & Jacky who always answered to my queries, I have completed 2 months with zeovit system and so far its going good, except the colors that I still missing good coloration but the polyp extension of SPS is good. Can you please advice me on my next schedule that i should follow please?

Currently I am Dosing ONLY the below mentioned products.
1. Zeostart 1.6ml a day
2. Zeoback
3. Sponge Power 8 drops alternate days
4. Zeovit media in the automatic reactor

My current test results are as follows:
Alk 6.85dkh
Ca 420ppm
Mg 1260ppm
K 350 - I just started dosing K Balance Strong 2ml X 2 doses = 4ml a day since last 3 days only.

Can you please advice if i should start dosing other elements like B Balance, Zeofood, zeo spur, coral vitalizer, Coral Snow etc or it is still not the right time to start ?

Please advice the next steps that i should take.

Really appreciate your help and support as always

Best Regards

Bharat Bedi
Old 12-02-2019, 06:19 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

You did very well. Slowly increase the potassium level to 380 mg.

Has the "first time" ZeoVit material been replaced? What are the current nitrate and phosphate levels?
Old 12-03-2019, 02:48 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Hello Bharat, can you please post the actual PO4 and NO3 level and which kind of test kits you use ? Also please describe the leak of coloration a little bit more detailed or post a picture. Do the corals show growth ?

G.Alexander
Old 12-03-2019, 08:45 AM
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Hello Bharat, can you please post the actual PO4 and NO3 level and which kind of test kits you use ? Also please describe the leak of coloration a little bit more detailed or post a picture. Do the corals show growth ?

G.Alexander
Dear Jacky and Alaxender,

Results are as follows
Phosphate 0.00ppm Hanna Test Kit
Nitrate 2ppm salifart test kit

Over all growth of corals is normal i guess, for some corals polyp extension is good but for some it is not. For example 2 pictures that I am posting the corals had green and pink color now it is all green also my Walt Disney has lost its pink colours.

Also another update 3 days ago my potassium was 350 after dosing K Balance Strong for 3 days 2ml x 2 = 4ml per day, today my potassium is 380ppm, should I stop dosing K Balance now?

Also another suppliments that I should start dosing?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Bharat

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2019, 09:02 AM
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bharatbedi View Post
Dear Jacky and Alaxender,

Results are as follows
Phosphate 0.00ppm Hanna Test Kit
Nitrate 2ppm salifart test kit

Over all growth of corals is normal i guess, for some corals polyp extension is good but for some it is not. For example 2 pictures that I am posting the corals had green and pink color now it is all green also my Walt Disney has lost its pink colours.

Also another update 3 days ago my potassium was 350 after dosing K Balance Strong for 3 days 2ml x 2 = 4ml per day, today my potassium is 380ppm, should I stop dosing K Balance now?

Also another suppliments that I should start dosing?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Bharat

Yes Jacky I did changed my Zeovit media after 1st month along with the Zeovit Carbon and first 10 days after changing media I dosed Zeoback for 10 days regularly as recommended by you

Regards

Bharat

Old 12-03-2019, 10:23 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Thanks, I talk about my thoughts. First of all, the picture is a bit blue, it is not easy to see the complete state of the coral, but I feel that the coral tissue does not seem to be light, and there seems to be Cyanos problem on the rocks, and the water does not look so much. Clear.

If in the following days, when you encounter ZeoVit material and Zeo activated carbon at the same time and perform the replacement week, it is good to leave them one week apart.

It is recommended that only Zeo Basic 4 products are needed, and other nutritional products are really not necessary at this time.

What are the signs on those rocks? Are they Cyanos?

Corals turn green, it may be nutrition, it may be lighting, it may be iron.

I don't have good experience with led, maybe add some T5 or more balanced spectrum, I believe it is also good

Kh Ca Mg Try to keep NSW levels as stable as possible.

Keep your movements (potassium) and observe for a few days, if the level gradually rises, reduce the dose by 1/2

Kh and Ca, what kind of products are used?
In addition to Zeo products, are there other ways to reduce phosphate?
Old 12-04-2019, 10:16 AM
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Thanks, I talk about my thoughts. First of all, the picture is a bit blue, it is not easy to see the complete state of the coral, but I feel that the coral tissue does not seem to be light, and there seems to be Cyanos problem on the rocks, and the water does not look so much. Clear.

If in the following days, when you encounter ZeoVit material and Zeo activated carbon at the same time and perform the replacement week, it is good to leave them one week apart.

It is recommended that only Zeo Basic 4 products are needed, and other nutritional products are really not necessary at this time.

What are the signs on those rocks? Are they Cyanos?

Corals turn green, it may be nutrition, it may be lighting, it may be iron.

I don't have good experience with led, maybe add some T5 or more balanced spectrum, I believe it is also good

Kh Ca Mg Try to keep NSW levels as stable as possible.

Keep your movements (potassium) and observe for a few days, if the level gradually rises, reduce the dose by 1/2

Kh and Ca, what kind of products are used?

In addition to Zeo products, are there other ways to reduce phosphate?
Hi Jacky,

Please find attached some pictures that I look in bright light, hope it will help. Polyp extension is good but just that I feel the colours are missing..

I do have some dinoflagillates issues but it is less than how it was 2 months ago. Since the time I have started Zeovit system I have been doing 10% weekly water changes, is that fine? Shall I continue to do the same?

I will change Zeovit media this Friday as you have proposed.

Will send my water for ICP to observe any traces of Iron and will update you accordingly.

For calcium, magnesium and alkalinity I am dosing red sea ABC program please advice if I should use any other alternative for dosing

Lastly, with your experience after how many months I can start using other zeovit suppliments except these 4 which I am currently using because I already bought all major products 2 months ago )))) however I would only like to add as per your instructions and experience

Regards

Bharat

Old 12-04-2019, 11:49 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Yes, it is good to keep changing the water 5-10% every week.

Sorry i didn't explain it clearly
The first time ZeoVit material is retained in the first 4 weeks, and the subsequent ZeoVit material replacement time is about 6 weeks. Over time, if the nutrition level is stable, it is extended to about 7 ~ 8 weeks. Replace the material
And dont forget, every time you change ZeoVit materials, Zeo Bac x10 days

When encountering a cycle where ZeoVit materials and Zeo activated carbon are replaced at the same time, the time interval is extended by 1 week so that the two projects will not be performed simultaneously in one week.

I can't know the true situation of the corals. Most of them look good. Some corals seem to have some problems. It is recommended to keep the basic water parameters of NSW stable, including potassium.

Let us still have the conditions to continue observation, maintain the Zeo basic plan, and the water quality parameters are stable (including potassium). In my meager practical experience, I have experienced / participated in this process. There is really no problem with corals and the tissues become light , Good PE, polyps grow, and the color remains good.

If the above conditions are maintained well, I believe that corals will have a more beautiful appearance

Zeo Coral Snow 16ml, x2 per week. It may be good for the current situation. Toothbrush / functional animal addition is also good.

If you consider feeding, Zeo CV 8 drops twice a week, you can start with this product.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:57 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Yes, it is good to keep changing the water 5-10% every week.

Sorry i didn't explain it clearly

The first time ZeoVit material is retained in the first 4 weeks, and the subsequent ZeoVit material replacement time is about 6 weeks. Over time, if the nutrition level is stable, it is extended to about 7 ~ 8 weeks. Replace the material

And dont forget, every time you change ZeoVit materials, Zeo Bac x10 days

When encountering a cycle where ZeoVit materials and Zeo activated carbon are replaced at the same time, the time interval is extended by 1 week so that the two projects will not be performed simultaneously in one week.

I can't know the true situation of the corals. Most of them look good. Some corals seem to have some problems. It is recommended to keep the basic water parameters of NSW stable, including potassium.

Let us still have the conditions to continue observation, maintain the Zeo basic plan, and the water quality parameters are stable (including potassium). In my meager practical experience, I have experienced / participated in this process. There is really no problem with corals and the tissues become light , Good PE, polyps grow, and the color remains good.

If the above conditions are maintained well, I believe that corals will have a more beautiful appearance

Zeo Coral Snow 16ml, x2 per week. It may be good for the current situation. Toothbrush / functional animal addition is also good.

If you consider feeding, Zeo CV 8 drops twice a week, you can start with this product.
Perfect and thanks a lot for your reply as always. I will follow your suggestions and keep you posted with the progress

Regards

Bharat

Old 12-05-2019, 07:11 AM
ZEOadmin

Hello Bharat, additional to Jackies advice it looks like your lighting spectrum is very blue, is that just the picture ? If not I would recommend to use a more “natural” lighting spectrum which might be helpful to improve coloration.

G.Alexander
Old 12-05-2019, 09:10 AM
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Hello Bharat, additional to Jackies advice it looks like your lighting spectrum is very blue, is that just the picture ? If not I would recommend to use a more natural lighting spectrum which might be helpful to improve coloration.

G.Alexander
Hello Alexander, Well noted thanks for your input, you think to try Radion AB + programme is a good idea? How many hours of light cycle do you suggest per day?

Regards

Bharat

Old 12-06-2019, 02:56 AM
ZEOadmin

Sorry Bharat, I have no experience with LEDs so I can not really help. Basically the spectrum should be as close as possible to natural sunlight, most reefers prefer to have it a little bit more blue which usually works well but the spectrum should not be to blue.

G.Alexander