zeovit.com Sewatec.de - Reef Supply International  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 About to start running the ZEOvit system
Last Post: bckey
Posted On: Today
Replies: 34
Views: 1,791
0 High no3 and po4
Last Post: babajaga
Posted On: Today
Replies: 10
Views: 165
0 REFRIGERATED FOODS Flat Rate $7.99 2-Day Air Shipping
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 43
0 Curious about all zeovit tank T5 combination
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 5
Views: 738
0 360g stag horn dominate reef tank
Last Post: ycnibrc
Posted On: 12-11-2019
Replies: 30
Views: 8,701
0 What's NEW from Tropic Eden? + 40% OFF Premium Refractometer
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 0
Views: 97
0 vermetid snails.. and success stories
Last Post: Mario_B
Replies: 16
Views: 519
0 Daelie's Reefer 250
Replies: 3
Views: 240
0 Rollermat with full Zeo
Posted On: 12-10-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 232
4 Featured Tank . Pawel Szember (paszembe) - Poland
Last Post: tony73
Posted On: 12-10-2019
Replies: 20
Views: 8,677
More...
Old 11-19-2019, 12:45 PM
abhishek@1985 abhishek@1985 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default Thoughts on how to change over to zeovit ?

Hi,

Acro dominated tank of 150 gallons that runs on redSea NOPOX , UV Sterilizer and skimmer as part of filtration. Planning to change to zeovit . Can you share as to how to shift to zeovit :-

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter - 200 gallons
2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter - 150 gallons
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique - No
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) - No
5. Are you using Ozone - No
6. Are you using UV - Yes
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) - Yes, Lifereef venturi driven skimmer SVS3-30 with Fluval SP4 pump
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels - po4 is 0.1, nitrates are about 10
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels - 450 ca, 10 dkh and 1500 mag
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) - Red Sea NOPOX
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) - T5s in 2x6 54 watt ATU Sunpower
12. What corals do you keep - Only acropora
13. Tissue color (light or dark) - Good and Dark
14. How long has the tank been running - 8 months
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system - Want to experiment with zeovit to lighten up the tissue color and slowly move to deeper pastel color
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) - Tropic Marin balling dosed at 100 mls a day and kalkwasser
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) - 100lbs, about 12 months
18. Any present problems - None
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) - none
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) - Salifert and Hanna for PO4 and Alkalinity
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) - Dosing KZ Flatworm Stop and KZ Coral Booster
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) - 1.027 SG, 78f
23. Which salt brand do you use - Tropic Marin Pro
Old 11-20-2019, 03:15 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

First start with the basics products to decrease nutrients, would recommend to start as follows:

1. Place 1.4 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 150 US gallons per hour. Connect the reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks.

2. Place 0.6 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 6 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 – 3 x weekly dosage of 6 drops. Dose 0.6 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on.

Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 – 10 % with a good salt. If you like to continue dosing FlatowrmStop and CoralBooster just dose it once per week,

When you start with ZeoVit switch off the UV filter as it is not compatible with the system, also reduce the dosage of nopox to 50%, than reduce the dosage slowly step by step to zero over the next 6 – 8 weeks.

I do also recommend to stop dosing kalkwasser:

https://zeovit.com/forums/showpost.p...34&postcount=5

Basic water parameters looking good, try to keep them as stabile as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 – 7.5
Ca 400 – 420 mg
Mg 1250 – 1300 mg
K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also, posting your results.

This is a start-up dosage which might have to be adjusted later.

G.Alexander
Old 11-20-2019, 10:37 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Hi Alexander ,

Thank you for the reply .

Well my biggest concern is my Alkalinity which I have always had high about 9-10 .

Should I slowly start dropping Alkalinity slowly over time and start zeovit only after I reach 7-7.5 ?

When do I start with B balance , A balance , zeofood and sponge power ?

Regards,
Abhishek
Old 11-20-2019, 10:58 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Don't worry, the coral reef kh always consumes fast, and at this stage the ZeoVit implementation is ok. With the growth of bacteria in the Zeo system and the gradual reduction of nutrition, it is believed that kh will gradually decrease.

At this stage, only Zeo based products are needed.
Zeo Bac
Zeo Start
Zeo Sponge Power
ZeoVit material and Zeo activated carbon
Old 11-20-2019, 11:04 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Don't worry, the coral reef kh always consumes fast, and at this stage the ZeoVit implementation is ok. With the growth of bacteria in the Zeo system and the gradual reduction of nutrition, it is believed that kh will gradually decrease.

At this stage, only Zeo based products are needed.
Zeo Bac
Zeo Start
Zeo Sponge Power
ZeoVit material and Zeo activated carbon
Thanks Jacky for the reply .

I shall then get things ready for the change over .

I was thinking I have to get zeofood , pohls extra special , coral vitalizer , A balance , B balance and potassium .

How do I know when to start with the additives ? Looks like I should wait like 2-3 months before starting with any of the other additives ?

Also if I stop kalkwasser , it will hurt my pH and hence continuing it . Any
Other way you can suggest to keep up with pH in zeovit system ?
Old 11-20-2019, 11:31 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

The ZEOvit phase depends on the level of nutrition and the appearance of the coral. The nutrients are relatively high [with "pooling stocks"] and the color of the corals is dim. Polyp extensions may or may not exist.

Consider Phase 1 is the start of the ZEOvit method. Basic 4 is used to reduce nutrients in a balanced manner. With the consumption of nutrients and reserves, corals become brighter and lighter, while the dose of zeo is reduced.

Entering stage 2 [~3-6mos], the coral continues to color more and the nutrients are getting more and more consumed. However, at this stage, if the medication is stopped for more than a few days, the nutrients begin to increase and the corals become dark. This is because the "pool reserve" is still available.
---
Don't worry, as long as the salinity is correct, kh is suitable, "open type" of tank, Ph is usually no problem.
Old 11-21-2019, 12:18 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

It's hard to say when to start nutritional supplements, usually two weeks after the first ZeoVit material change. The appearance of the coral becomes light, good PE, polyp growth, and stable with PO4 =0~0.03. At this time, element consumption/coral growth/nutrition is stable and low, and supplemental nutrition may be a good starting point.

Keeping the proper air circulation around the tank, or moving the skimmer hose out to receive fresh air, can help raise the pH. It may be a good idea to reduce the animal load in the tank.

Potassium is recommended to slowly increase to 380 mg

There is no hard rule that can not be given to nutritional products, just to obtain these basic conditions stable, this will be better. The water quality is low, and the nutritional supplement effect is better.

ZeoBB, currently not required, can help corals slow down tissue to bring softness and brightness, and of course, better in the case of malnourished water quality/stable suitable parameters/coral health.

Last edited by jacky; 11-21-2019 at 12:31 AM.
Old 11-21-2019, 05:04 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

It might be better to slowly reduce the KH before starting. B and A-Balance also ZeoFood can be used later if the system runs nutrient poor stabile. SpongePower has a positive side effect to the biology so if you already have the product you can dose 6 drops every other day additional when you start.

G.Alexander