zeovit.com Korallenzucht  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 new member
Last Post: artisson
Posted On: Today
Replies: 10
Views: 144
0 Neueinrichtung und viele Fragen
Last Post: chrima78
Replies: 5
Views: 330
0 ZeoFood vs CV and SP
Last Post: TravelingPotato
Replies: 4
Views: 118
0 Mein Kleines Wohnzimmerriff
Last Post: Slap
Replies: 68
Views: 8,960
0 3 weeks in, high po4
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 7
Views: 112
0 New tank Planning
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 1
Views: 87
0 ZeoZym / Coral Snow / Flatworm Stop questions
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 1
Views: 49
0 GIVEAWAY: NEW! Eshopps Prodigy Overflow
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 0
Views: 65
0 Flatworm Stop & Polyclads
Last Post: skr791346
Posted On: 02-20-2020
Replies: 2
Views: 149
0 bryopsis problem
Last Post: Aquajan
Posted On: 02-20-2020
Replies: 6
Views: 553
More...
Old 01-17-2020, 02:46 PM
Lostatsea Lostatsea 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default Dosing

Hi, could someone please advise the best dosing method for calcium, alkalinity and magnesium when using zeovit system. The balling method makes sense to me but I have read of issues with the aquaforest balling saying the tanks have crashed due to build up of metals. Is this true for the TMC method as well. Also i see TMC have brought out carbo calcium which is supposed not to change the ionic balance of the aquarium. What would you recommend. Many thanks.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:43 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Many use the “balling” method without the trace element component with pure chemicals since a long time without a problem. Personally I prefer a CaCO2 reactor, it does not cause issues also.

G.Alexander
Old 01-18-2020, 06:31 AM
Lostatsea Lostatsea 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Thank you Alexander. As my aquarium is only 350 litres do you believe I would still be better off with a calcium reactor. Just most articles seem to say dosing is better for small tanks? Has anyone an opinion on using TMC carbo calcium. Would this be okay with zeovit.

Alexander, sorry to ask further but the zeovit system suggests using live rock to set up the tank. Here in the uk it is now getting very difficult to find live imported rock due to the cites legislation. Would it be okay to use something like reel reef rock?

Many thanks for your support on this forum it is much appreciated
Old 01-18-2020, 08:36 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hello Lostatsea
Let me talk about my idea, it is feasible to be free of trace elements and pure substances. Calcium reactor / 350 liters of water, no problem at all.

[like reel reef rock] , sorry I can't understand what kind of rock it is.
Maybe it's dry rock? Compared to live rock, it may take a long time to help build biology
Old 01-18-2020, 12:31 PM
Lostatsea Lostatsea 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hi Jacky
Many thanks for your reply. Yes real reef rock is dry the same as the new TMc eco rock. Virtually no one seems to have any good quality live rock now. Perhaps the zeovit system is no longer as popular due to the restrictions on live rock and the triton method etc. I must admit many of my local fish stores seem to think there are easier ways to keep sps. I was initially drawn to the zeovit system as it seemed to offer a tested and documented way to success with sps, however I must admit I am being put off by the lack of support in the uk. Hardly anyone stocks the reactors and now I am having trouble sourcing live rock as suggested in the guide. Thanks
Old 01-19-2020, 12:01 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

I do not have experience with the carbon calcium but from the product description I would say you can use it as long it does not contain additional trace elements, something I would try to find out first.

Live rock is the best you can use for a reef tank IMO no matter which kind of system it is. Basically ZeoVit can also be used with dry rock but the cycle to get a biological stability to the system is much longer. Make sure to not use any kind of material which does leach elements. If dry rock is used soak it very well in RO water before using it.

I do not have experience with the kind of rock you have mention but it sound like a adequate alternative. Maybe it would be good to open a new thread asking our members for their experiences with this kind of rock.

G.Alexander