zeovit.com Sewatec.de - Reef Supply International  

Go Back   zeovit.com > Equipment Forums > Reactors

Reactors This forum is for ZeovitReaktors/CaCO2 Reaktors etc.

Active Threads
0 switching to zeo system possibly
Last Post: ohashimz
Posted On: Today
Replies: 81
Views: 2,765
0 New zeovit in France
Last Post: Positron
Replies: 22
Views: 1,461
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 55
Views: 2,480
0 Zeovit 14 days cycle red sea reefer 250
Last Post: behague0104
Replies: 28
Views: 2,176
0 Reef aquarium 750 liters
Last Post: Wolskinyc
Replies: 9
Views: 474
0 Help with 14 day cycle
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 3
Views: 267
0 Zeovit with automation
Replies: 2
Views: 139
0 Personalised advice please
Replies: 1
Views: 94
0 NEW VID & GIVEAWAY: Inland DB-100 ReefKeeper Saw w/Diamond Blade
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 33
0 Zeovit Hybred Buggers revenge of the nerds tank
Last Post: Bugger
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 84
Views: 13,523
More...

Old 07-24-2017, 02:45 AM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Default PRS auto zeo reactor

*sorry for the typo in the title, could not edit the title anymore for some reason)*

Hi all,
Just wanted to share with you some cool reactor I have been playing with lately. I been in the look out for a good auto reactor for some time now. Tried the vertex and the vibe and both were not 100% satisfying.
I stumbled on PRS and saw their auto reactoe models. But couldn't find then in the market. So I contacted them directly and long story short I placed an order.
They have a nice turnkey solution thaymy is a reactor+DC pump+flow meter.
So I purchased the full package. 3L reactor+flow meter + DC oump(4000L).
The package came fully assembled and nicley done. Had to do some minor mods to fit in my setup but nothing too bad.
I finally out all tonwork today while changing my zeolite.
I couldn't be happier. The reactoe is amazing, their flow meter and dc pump are superior. I was using Neptune flow meter and luckily I realized that that Neptune flow meter was actually giving me wrong readings. Only when I hooked up PRS flow meter I realized the problem and corrected it.
Needless to say I removed Neptune flow meter and end up depending on the PRS flow meter alone.
All in all the setup was very nice. Am surprised this solution is not mainstream yet. Their price point was not bad at all comparing it to vibe or KZ auto reactor. I provided PRS with some comments for future development but still the build is superior.
ORD team was super helpful honestly especially first couple.of days when I received the reactor. They were very patient...teuat me on that lol.
Anyway, I wantednto share with you some of the pics and videos of the reactor in action.
Enjoy....

Some videos

https://youtu.be/eIuXJ3AmJZs
https://youtu.be/tUUsDqEgiQE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170720_194914.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	20127   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170720_194904.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	20128  
Old 07-27-2017, 03:16 PM
reeftilldie reeftilldie 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

why u not happy with the vibe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2017, 04:06 PM
Teddyboy Teddyboy 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

The vibe is super noisy. It's the main reason I didn't buy it. That and it was external to the sump which takes up more space then I have in the cabinet stand.

@ohashimz
What was the total cost of the reactor including shipping from Japan. The only way I'm going to get a auto zeovit reactor is to import one. It's either this one or the KZ auto reactor. KZ won't sell me one directly because of its power requirements. It's only certified to operate in Europe. I can probably buy it through a shop somewhere in Europe, and they probably won't care who they sell to. The KZ reactor is expensive! One shop is charging 1690 euros which equates to $1972 US for the large reactor. Although that would be less as I would not have to pay VAT. My tank is going to be either a Reefer 625xxl (165 gallon) or a 185 from SCA in Los Angeles same size as the reefer only 30" deep instead of 25" deep.

Last edited by Teddyboy; 07-27-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:32 AM
KZlover KZlover 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

The PRS automatic ZEO Reactor runs very great in my sump, with 12/24:00 twice cleaning per day and pump stops/starts for each 3 hrs. Can't find a better auto ZEO reactor else in the market. Those using different floating or vibrating cleaning are not as good as the PRS's piston working.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:00 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

3 main reasons.
Noise
Pain to change the rocks..just painful.
Most important is the operation theory. Though it vibrate the rocks, you do not have a good cleaning action as the real shaking of the rocks. I saw big difference in the mulm rkea5se between the 2. What you see online is exaggerated. You see online videoa orlf rocks vibrating anf moving. But the trick is, yiu will have this acrion inly if your ricksare small wuantities. Once you add more than a liter the rocks will almost never move.
Prs rractor was just so superior

Teddyboy: i contacted them directly. They were super nice and helpfyl. I got my package in usa within a week from the day i sent the 1st email to them.
The reactor was around 700$ which is not bad at all. I also added their pump and water flow to my purchase. Their flow meter was way better thsthann my neptune flow meter which was giving me such a wrong reading thay kind of screwd up my system a bit...
Old 07-28-2017, 04:02 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Here is the email i used to contact them:
prs@zeoprs.jp
Old 07-29-2017, 04:37 PM
Teddyboy Teddyboy 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

$700 is not bad at all for what you bought. The kz automatic reactor is 1769 euros ($1432.89 US no VAT) for the large one from sewatec in Germany. I'll reach out to PRS with the email address you provided. All I want is just the reactor. I searched your posts and found your setup. 105 gallons for the tank. The tank I'm planning on having will be a 185 gallon display tank.

Thank you very much for the info. I really appreciate it. I'll post again once I hear back from them. :-)

Last edited by Teddyboy; 07-29-2017 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:06 PM
Teddyboy Teddyboy 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I just checked their site and translated it through google chrome. The one I need for my tank is the Auto ZR-3.0I for about $800 for just the auto reactor. I just sent them a email asking for the total cost.

Last edited by Teddyboy; 07-29-2017 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:33 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

My setup is actually custom 175g. Full zeovit, BK 200 mini skimmer, LED+T5 hybrid, 4 MP40s. 105 used to be my old setup. Fpr my 175g i got the 3l.
Sorry if confused you, the ~700$ i talled about was for the reactor alone. Which is still very good for such a reactor. They also just introduced a killer skimmer...super gopd concept. Tjey sre such a gpod quality company but rjeu need to do better job advertising in USA markets.
Funny thung, now i changed my Vibe reactor to chaetos reactor ha ha ha.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:34 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Here is some of my stocks pictures
www.reef2reef.com/threads/prs-auto-zeo-re
Old 07-30-2017, 05:57 PM
Teddyboy Teddyboy 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

They wrote back yesterday. What's the difference between white and red? Did you just get white? This is the price plus shipping quote they sent for the 3.0L version. Exchange rates are current as of today 7/30/17. They take PayPal too. How is your BK Mini 200 working for you? I want to buy that skimmer for my tank.

We have 2 color . white and Red .
AUTO ZR3.0L(white) -- 75,225 yen $679.78
AUTO ZR3.0L(Red) --78,625 yen $710.50

Shipment cost
SAL(Air) --- 10,450 yen (2 weeks) $94.43
EMS(Air) --- 12,300 yen (2-3 days) $111.15
Sea freight --- 5,650 yen( 2 months) $51.06

Last edited by Teddyboy; 07-30-2017 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:30 PM
Teddyboy Teddyboy 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Yeah I saw that skimmer on reefbuilders. Looks really nice and super controllable. It's tempting but it's still very new.
Old 05-07-2018, 02:28 PM
mike1970 mike1970 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

any update on this reactor? how is it working / is it still working? i'm thinking about buying one now to switch out my vertex. any info would be appreciated.
thank you
Old 05-07-2018, 03:22 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

It's been running the reactor and their flowmeter for almost a year now. Flawless absolutely flawless and solid build.
Their flow meter is incredibly accurate especially comparing it to apex flow meter which I run on my chaeto reactor and my chiller...low quality and not reliable..this is a customer opinion I have nothing for or against any company.
What more info u need?
Old 05-07-2018, 11:47 PM
mike1970 mike1970 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
It's been running the reactor and their flowmeter for almost a year now. Flawless absolutely flawless and solid build.
Their flow meter is incredibly accurate especially comparing it to apex flow meter which I run on my chaeto reactor and my chiller...low quality and not reliable..this is a customer opinion I have nothing for or against any company.
What more info u need?
Are you using regular zeolite stones?
Thanks for info I’m putting in my order today