zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > Equipment Forums > Reactors

Reactors This forum is for ZeovitReaktors/CaCO2 Reaktors etc.

Active Threads
0 360g Sps change to full zeovit
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 31
Views: 231
0 Poly Lab Premium Coral Frag Glue
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 0
Views: 10
7 How to use a-balance?
Last Post: chercm
Replies: 6
Views: 823
0 100g SPS Tank
Replies: 26
Views: 1,477
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Replies: 192
Views: 16,811
0 Phosphate
Last Post: scybulski
Replies: 21
Views: 368
0 moving from aF back to Zoevit
Replies: 23
Views: 1,642
0 ZZ and BM question
Last Post: scybulski
Replies: 7
Views: 212
0 salzgehalt chaos
Last Post: berlin-riff
Replies: 5
Views: 191
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Last Post: kosiarek84
Replies: 129
Views: 7,934
More...
Old 06-02-2018, 05:39 PM
Craig the plumber Craig the plumber ثeuW
ZEOhead in Training

Default Fauna Marin zeo-Matic reactor

looking for some advise/reviews of the fauna Marin zeo-matic reactor Ive watched a few videos on YouTube and scoured the internet. I like what I see, seems like a good design but everything ive found is in German and Ive not seen one in use with actual ZEOVIT stones. Im interested in how it performs in general and/or with ZEOVIT media? But Im not interested enough to learn German... Im currently in the process of upgrading to a 900l system which will be running full zeovit on my last system (400l also zeovit) I was running a vertex reactor then a small kz reactor but found faults with both thought the kZ reactor was poor build quality. Looking for an automatic upgrade that wont break the bank and is able to do as intended. Also new system will be roughly 800l net volume so I would only need to run 2l of zeovit Id be interested to know if anyone has used the 2.2l version with this amount of media and find out how it performed or if theyd recommend jumping up to the 4.5l?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-03-2018, 04:08 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Bump

Old 06-04-2018, 03:18 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin

I can not really help you Craig but this might be a alternative:

https://www.korallen-zucht.de/en/Sal...c-filters.html

The material does not contain the small rocks.

G.Alexander
Old 06-17-2018, 04:43 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
I can not really help you Craig but this might be a alternative:

https://www.korallen-zucht.de/en/Sal...c-filters.html

The material does not contain the small rocks.

G.Alexander

Thanks G

Can anybody else help?

Old 06-18-2018, 03:19 AM
Stavanger Stavanger ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Default Auto Zeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig the plumber View Post
looking for some advise/reviews of the fauna Marin zeo-matic reactor Ive watched a few videos on YouTube and scoured the internet. I like what I see, seems like a good design but everything ive found is in German and Ive not seen one in use with actual ZEOVIT stones. Im interested in how it performs in general and/or with ZEOVIT media? But Im not interested enough to learn German... Im currently in the process of upgrading to a 900l system which will be running full zeovit on my last system (400l also zeovit) I was running a vertex reactor then a small kz reactor but found faults with both thought the kZ reactor was poor build quality. Looking for an automatic upgrade that wont break the bank and is able to do as intended. Also new system will be roughly 800l net volume so I would only need to run 2l of zeovit Id be interested to know if anyone has used the 2.2l version with this amount of media and find out how it performed or if theyd recommend jumping up to the 4.5l?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi

In a former tank I used Knepos autoreactor.More or less same as Fauna Marin,only cheaper.But,you have to use smaller stones to get proper tumbling.I used FM stones as they use in their Zeolight system.KZ stones or similar size will not tumble,way to big.

Br Stavanger
Old 06-19-2018, 03:51 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavanger View Post
Hi

In a former tank I used Knepos autoreactor.More or less same as Fauna Marin,only cheaper.But,you have to use smaller stones to get proper tumbling.I used FM stones as they use in their Zeolight system.KZ stones or similar size will not tumble,way to big.

Br Stavanger

Did you use the fauna Marin stones with a zeovit system or were you using fauna Marin? I have done a little research into the fm stones and the dosage and flow rates are completely different from the zeovit method if you ran fm stones on a Zeo system did you dose the stones in accordance to Zeo or fm dosing recommendations? Im also thinking as the fm reactor uses sicce synchra pumps I could maybe just upgrade the pump to something powerful enough to move the zeovit stones

Old 06-19-2018, 05:06 PM
Michal Michal ثeu
TeamZeoVit

I heard only bad reviews from actual users.
It's not strong enough to tumble stones and the water seems to find the easiest route through the media, avoiding contact with most of it.
So far I heard that KZ automatic and Avast Vibe does the job.
The second one is described as "quite loud" by some users, but it does not vibrate 24/7 so it's ok I suppose.

I have "manual" KZ "M" filter and I find it "indestructible", it worked for 5 years without any problems (and I'm going to use it on my new system).

Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.
- Matsuo Munefusa
Old 06-20-2018, 02:00 AM
Stavanger Stavanger ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig the plumber View Post
Did you use the fauna Marin stones with a zeovit system or were you using fauna Marin? I have done a little research into the fm stones and the dosage and flow rates are completely different from the zeovit method if you ran fm stones on a Zeo system did you dose the stones in accordance to Zeo or fm dosing recommendations? Im also thinking as the fm reactor uses sicce synchra pumps I could maybe just upgrade the pump to something powerful enough to move the zeovit stones

Hi

Yes,I used the FM stones on zeosystem.IMO,stones are stones,if you use it from the known brands.Not Ebay stones where you can buy 25 kg for a few euros:-)
I have used KZ,ATI,FM and Pacific Sun stones,and I do not see any difference how they work.

Here you see the size of the FM stones in the Zeomatic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgF_n6_G1m8

I think if you are going to change the pump,so it can tumble normal size KZ stones,it has to bee a quite strong one,and perhaps it will clean the stones to much
Old 06-20-2018, 03:53 AM
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavanger View Post
Hi

Yes,I used the FM stones on zeosystem.IMO,stones are stones,if you use it from the known brands.Not Ebay stones where you can buy 25 kg for a few euros:-)

I have used KZ,ATI,FM and Pacific Sun stones,and I do not see any difference how they work.

Here you see the size of the FM stones in the Zeomatic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgF_n6_G1m8

I think if you are going to change the pump,so it can tumble normal size KZ stones,it has to bee a quite strong one,and perhaps it will clean the stones to much

Yeah I dont have a problem trying the fm stones as I agree that stones are stones as long as they come from a reputable source. But arent the dosing recommendations different? As kz recommend 2.5l of stones to 1000l where as fm say 1l of stones to 1000l with a lower flow rate just interested is which guidelines you followed? Did you just treat the fm stones as Zeo stones? And when you say they did not tumble Im guessing you mean the fm stones didnt really tumble?
I had thought about the zeovit stones getting too clean with the stronger pump but figured that if I can adjust the pump down to a point where it just tumbles the stones then in relation to the size of the stones they would only clean them as much as the fm stones do? Another thing Im thinking is do the stones need to tumble? Or is the flow of water through them enough to wash off the surface bacteria? I think Im going to get the reactor as Ive allowed the space in the sump for it (and I t seems a better method than the vibe its also less than half the price of the kz one and probably better quality). I will then have a play around with it and the different size stones then I can decide if I want to upgrade the pump I even thought of using a mixture of stones but figure that the larger stones will probably filter down to the bottom of the reactor think I need to get my hands on one and have a play around. Thanks for all your help guys