zeovit.com Vertex  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 New zeovit in France
Last Post: Positron
Posted On: Today
Replies: 22
Views: 1,461
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 55
Views: 2,473
0 Zeovit 14 days cycle red sea reefer 250
Last Post: behague0104
Replies: 28
Views: 2,174
0 Reef aquarium 750 liters
Last Post: Wolskinyc
Replies: 9
Views: 473
0 switching to zeo system possibly
Last Post: JMac
Replies: 79
Views: 2,753
0 Help with 14 day cycle
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 3
Views: 267
0 Zeovit with automation
Replies: 2
Views: 138
0 Personalised advice please
Replies: 1
Views: 93
0 NEW VID & GIVEAWAY: Inland DB-100 ReefKeeper Saw w/Diamond Blade
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 33
0 Zeovit Hybred Buggers revenge of the nerds tank
Last Post: Bugger
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 84
Views: 13,523
More...

Old 01-15-2018, 08:41 AM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Default Salt question

What salt does everyone like?

I am using Reef Aquaforest and I seem to be struggling a little with my parameters.

I do use Kent dosing and seemed to not be able to get it right.

Alk 8.5
Calc 370
Mag 1425

Any advice greatly appreciated.

90 gallon mixed Reef.

Thank yiu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2018, 03:18 PM
Markstokes Markstokes 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

When I mix up some water next Ill take measurements for you.

At the moment I use tropic marine pro reef and I think the salt mixes ok,I checked the parameters a while back and think this is what they are

KH 8
Cal 430
Mag 1400

I have only 1 bucket left of this salt and will be going back to The zeovit salt reefers best,Ive used this before for a short period while but after I wanted to try other brands.

After all the brands Ive tried tropic marine,Red Sea,h20 ocean,brightwell,reef crystals the reefers best mixes amazing and for me its the best salt Ive used more expensive but well worth it in my opinion considering all the money we spent on this hobby salt and Ro water for me have to be the 2 most important basics.

Hope Ive been of some help
Old 01-15-2018, 04:18 PM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Their is a Zeovit salt or a list they recommend?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2018, 06:04 PM
Markstokes Markstokes 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

A actual salt it called.

Korallen Zucht Reefers Best

Give it a try it mixes unbeleibly well
Old 01-15-2018, 06:42 PM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstokes View Post
A actual salt it called.

Korallen Zucht Reefers Best

Give it a try it mixes unbeleibly well

Have to look into it. Thank you. Been using Aquaforest and other then dealing with zeovit numbers it is really good also.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:15 PM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by scybulski View Post
Have to look into it. Thank you. Been using Aquaforest and other then dealing with zeovit numbers it is really good also.

I am looking at their salt. Why is the alk so high compared to what they recommend?

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/koral...reef-salt.html

Old 01-16-2018, 02:26 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

If levels like Ca, Mg or KH are a little bit elevated it does not play much of a role as those elements are processed very quick in a system containing growing corals. Also the temporary impact to those parameters is very minimal if you use it for the regular water changes. More important is the K+ level and that the system does not contain elevated quantities of trace elements for example.

Many use Korallenzucht, TropicMarin or RedSea salt but my experience with different salt mixes is very limited as I was just using Korallenzucht salt in the past.

G.Alexander
Old 01-16-2018, 10:49 AM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

For trace I use Pohl xtra special along with Kent tech CB part a and b. Kent mag along with zeofood, zeo bak, zeo start, and zeo stones. Do you know when you have to replace the zeo stones (other the. Just 12 weeks). Thank you all for your help

Old 01-17-2018, 03:14 AM
ZEOadmin

I would recommend you to stop dosing the additional trace elements they are usually not necessary in a nutrient poor environment and does just darken the tissue.

First ZeoVit exchange should be done after about 4 weeks, later changing intervals can be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks usually if there are no nutrient issues.

G.Alexander
Old 01-17-2018, 04:32 AM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

You mean stop the Kent products and/or phol also? I do not have a calc reactor so how do I keep my calc up (esp because it is low now compared to what is recommended)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2018, 07:16 AM
ZEOadmin

I do not know the Kent product line, what I wanted to say is that many Ca/KH/Mg additives contain additional trace elements which should not be dosed additional.

G.Alexander
Old 01-17-2018, 06:04 PM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Honestly I am thinking about backing out of the zeovit system.... I have been running it a year and not really seeing the benefits per the work and product. Any helpful hints of removing the system?

Old 01-17-2018, 07:36 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
Honestly I am thinking about backing out of the zeovit system.... I have been running it a year and not really seeing the benefits per the work and product. Any helpful hints of removing the system?

what is your main problem in the system that you want to back out off? sorry if I missed the point
Old 01-17-2018, 07:41 PM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
what is your main problem in the system that you want to back out off? sorry if I missed the point

I can not get the numbers for one. My alk is too high, my calc to low and mag to low. I still get hair algae (use a sea hare, urchin, emeralds, etc to control). Now getting cyano and using the zeovit snow and cyano treatments daily and not helping, etc

I am just not sure what the heck is going on. Been using a year and not seeing the value....

Argh

Old 01-17-2018, 09:01 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
I can not get the numbers for one. My alk is too high, my calc to low and mag to low. I still get hair algae (use a sea hare, urchin, emeralds, etc to control). Now getting cyano and using the zeovit snow and cyano treatments daily and not helping, etc

I am just not sure what the heck is going on. Been using a year and not seeing the value....

Argh

been there my friend. here is what I will tell you, moving out of zeo will be as painful as fixing the issues you have now.
I have tried almost all systems (red sea system&Nopox, viniger, funa marine, triton(ish)) over the last 10 years of reefing and been trying zeovit for the last 2 years. I can tell you that once the system is dialed in zeovit is great system. one of the problems I have seen (myself included) is following every single advice or solution in a thread. not that people will give bad advices rather people describe their experience with their tanks, and every tank is different. even zeovit say so very openly. this can lead a zeo-user in distress to try too many things in short time and end up messing things up more
if you like I can help you along with the community here to dial in your system and fix the issues but you have to be ready for 2 things:
1- patience, one big enemy for zeovit is sudden changes. trust me on this
2- when you read something you have to look at it from your tank lens and try to ask yourself would this solution be suitable for your tank or not. basically be more informed before you commit to a change.

if you like to give it another try we will be with you alone the line.
to start here is what I think (with very limited information's) about your system is going on.
1- high alk, low cal and Mag is early treatable. your salt might be the problem, high alk is commonly associated with salt.
2- your hair algae might indicate your PO4 and NO3 are out of balance
3- as for the cyano, I personally believe that zeovit system is prone and weak against cyano, and personally think cyano clean will not fix cyano. no zeo product have fixed cyano for me (I battled it for a year). I think these products are more to prevent cyano than to treat it. but cyano can be treated outside zeo products, I did it and things went well.
4- we need to work on having your parameters in balance to do so I will need more information's. once this happen along with fixing 1,2 and 3 you will be surprised how well your system will be.

now, if you are up to it we need the following (I will avoid asking you too many questions and focus on the basics)

1- whats your actual total water volume(sump, tank)?
2- what are you dosing (zeostones, zeostart,zeobak, other zeo products you currently using, alk/cal/mag)?
3- what equipment you have in the system(skimmer, pumps, power head..etc)?
4- whats your parameters (PO4,NO3, Alk, Cal, Mag, K, salinity)
5- whats your light(type and photo period)?
6- what test kits you are using and how old are they (the most important thing is the accuracy of the tests to work from)
7- how old is the system and how long you been on zeovit?
8- did you use live rocks or dead? same for the sand?

your call.