zeovit.com Avast Marine Works  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Time to stop Zeovit?
Last Post: Daddio
Posted On: Today
Replies: 2
Views: 35
0 New Tank, ready to rock and roll!
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 17
Views: 1,315
0 switching to zeo system possibly
Replies: 200
Views: 11,114
0 Easy Lift Magnetic Zeofilter
Last Post: berlin-riff
Replies: 3
Views: 138
0 建立微信群
Last Post: 淹死的鱼
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 1
Views: 144
0 Flatworm stop
Last Post: rigleautomotive
Views: 152
0 A Reef in the Sky
Last Post: Pandy
Replies: 919
Views: 314,885
0 Aktivkohle im Fliessbettfilter
Replies: 5
Views: 412
0 New zeovit in France
Replies: 40
Views: 3,727
0 My salty box
Last Post: blackizzz
Views: 98
More...

Old 02-01-2017, 05:41 AM
Pezza50 Pezza50 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hi G. Alexander,

Is it normal for nutrients to increase slightly after zeolite exchange? My Po4 has crept up to .08? I replaced only 90% of stones and am dosing 0.2ml of Zeostart 2xdaily and Zeobak daily for 10 days then 2xweekly. I am doing 25 litre water change weekly and use a gravel vac to go over substrate. Skimmer is skimming wet but lately is not producing much skim as it was.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:00 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

As I expect it was your first exchange it can be possible but it should not happen later. It can also just be a measuring failure of your PO4 test.

G.Alexander
Old 03-13-2017, 09:07 AM
Pezza50 Pezza50 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hi G.Alexander,

Tank has been running nutrient poor stable now for 2 weeks. I have purchased Coral Vitalizer and Amino Acid, what would you recommend on dosing both of these? I have been dosing Coral Vitalizer at 1 drop every other day?

My current dosing schedule is as follows, Zeobak 2 drops daily for 10 days then 2x weekly, 0.2ml Zeostart 2xdaily, Zeofood 2 drops 2xweekly, Coral snow 2ml every other day, Coral vitaliser 1 drop every other day.

My parameters are as follows,

Po4-0.015
No3-0
Cal-412
alk-7.7
Old 03-14-2017, 01:42 AM
ZEOadmin

If you do not have algae issues you can dose 4 drops CV 2 x weekly and 2 drops AAHC 2 x weekly additional.

G.Alexander
Old 02-16-2018, 07:16 AM
Pezza50 Pezza50 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Smile

Hi G.Alexander,

I have restarted my system and followed the Zeovit 14 day cycle, I'm currently on day 13 everything has gone great so far. Current Params are.
ALk - 7.9
CAL - 435
MAG - 1360
NO3 - 0
PO4 - 0.018
Pottasium - 390
Salinity - 33ppt slowing raising to 35ppt

Ive added crabs snails etc to help shift the little bit algae I have. My question is I currently have no fish in the system I was going to add these along with a few corals next week. Or should I try and add 1 to help with the biology of the system before I add corals?

Thanks
Old 02-16-2018, 10:38 PM
ZEOadmin

Basically the longer you wait after the cycle before adding corals the better they will do but I would recommend to first add a test coral, if it is doing fine you can begin to add a fish. Make sure to add fish just step by step not to much at once.

Water parameters are perfect, keep in mind that all the main parameters will increase if you rise up salinity. 33ppt is what I had in my reefs.

G.Alexander
Old 02-24-2018, 04:26 AM
Pezza50 Pezza50 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hi G.ALexander,

thank you for your response I've now added a pair of snow flake clowns, montipora, stylophora, acropora tenius. All have settled in I'm getting great polyp extension on all corals which is something ive never had before. I still have some fine green hair algae on some rocks but hoping crabs and snails will help remove most of it and whatever is left can try to manual remove. Also have some green algae on sand. Tank is only 21 days old so still early days. Was going to replace 50% of zeolites on day 28 and perform water change is this correct? will try and up load photos once I work out how to.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:54 PM
ZEOadmin

Around day 30 replace 50% of the zeovit material. After the replacement dose ZeoBac daily for 10 days, than cut back to 2-3 x weekly as usual. Next exchange (90%) will be after additional 4 weeks, later exchanges can be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks. You can also begin to start with the regular water changes around day 30.

Keep a close eye on the algae, they should slowly get reduced over the next couple of weeks.

G.Alexander
Old 02-27-2018, 09:34 AM
Pezza50 Pezza50 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hi G.Alexander,

Ok Thank you for confirming. My carbon is currently just placed in the sump can I place inside reactor on plastic above zeolites? I currently have some coral snow could I dose 2ml each evening to help removing algae that is currently left in system?
Old 02-28-2018, 02:02 AM
ZEOadmin

If you use the carbon with active flow just use 50% of the recommended quantity and replace it about every 3 weeks.

Because of the algae I would try to dose 4 ml CoralSnow pure once daily for the next 10 days or so.

G.Alexander
Old 03-05-2018, 02:21 PM
Pezza50 Pezza50 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hi G. Alexander,

Yesterday I performed a 10% water change and 50% stone change will dose Zeobak now for 10 days.

slight increase in Po4 after test tonight from 0.021 to 0.031 hanna checker.

I used reefers best salt to start up tank and water changes etc. Had calcium steady for 10 days between 408-411ppm, tonight it tested at 480ppm. unfortunately I didn't test the fresh saltwater yesterday but I wouldn't of thought it could spike like that from 25l water change? tested twice on hanna checker with similar results and salifert with similar result. So have now turned off dose for calcium will try and reduce slowly.

Corals in tank still look happy with great poly extension, have another shipment coming tomorrow would a high calcium level cause any problems? Current result are

PO4 - 0.031
Alk - 7.7 Stable
CAL - 480
K - 380

Thank you.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:53 AM
ZEOadmin

Because of the increase of Ca I would recommend to check if the salinity has increased also make sure your instrument to measure salinity is accurate.

The PO4 should start to slowly come down over the next couple of days. It can be a indicator for a still low biology in your system if the PO4 level does increase after the zeovit exchange. All you can do is give the system more time, also make sure not to add additional fish at the moment.

G.Alexander