zeovit.com Korallenzucht  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Dinoflagellate sharing thread
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 7
Views: 55
0 my new thank....
Last Post: blueyedson
Replies: 120
Views: 7,784
0 New to the forum hybrid zeovit
Replies: 17
Views: 492
0 Salt question
Replies: 8
Views: 118
0 Help to start zeovit
Replies: 4
Views: 154
0 Restarting a 120g, recommendations wanted
Replies: 176
Views: 8,301
0 help and advice needed.
Replies: 9
Views: 81
0 My tank spec
Last Post: ohashimz
Replies: 116
Views: 6,028
10 My new "Texas 210 Gallon"
Last Post: johntekin
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 59
Views: 2,529
0 The Island Reef
Last Post: PmRg
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 124
Views: 18,305
More...
Old 06-11-2017, 12:38 PM
jpukla jpukla ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Default Cloudy Water

I started a new 150-gallon tank in November of 2016 and started using Zeovit on May 21, 2017. Followed the instructions in the guide for high nutrient load since my nitrates were around 10. After two weeks, nitrates dropped to near zero and everything looked good. I started adding Amino Acid LPS, Coal Vitalizer, and K-Balance and now the water is extremely cloudy in the morning, It clears up in the evening but never completely clear. I stopped adding the three additional supplements and the tank did clear up. I added LPS only the other day and now the tank is cloudy again. I am using Zeovit carbon in a bag in the sump. Anyone ever experience cloudy water when starting up? Thanks

Tank Info

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons 180
2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons 150
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique No
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor No
5. Are you using Ozone No
6. Are you using UV No
7. What skimmer are you using Skimz SM 202
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels 0.03 & .5
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels 420, 7.3, and 1350
10. What filtration method do you use Sump with socks and Carbon bag
11. Type of light two Radion XR30W PRO. Coral Lab LPS at 50%
12. What corals do you keep A few LPS and some Montiporas. Do plan on adding SPS.
13. Tissue color (light or dark)
14. How long has the tank been running Tanks been running since November of 2016, just started adding coral
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system Trying to provide the most natural environment
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) No
17. Live rock Started with 90 lbs. of dry rock and Marine Pure blocks in sump
18. Any present problems Water is cloudy after adding Amino Acid Concentrated LPS
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
20. What test kit do you use. Phosphate Hanna, Nitrate NYOS. Salifert for everything else.
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals Daily ZEOstart 3. ZEOfood7 and ZEObac Tuesday and Friday
22. Other water parameters and water stability Salinity 1025 temp 79. PH 8.15
23. Which salt brand do you use I was using Brightwell Neo Marine but just switched to Instant Ocean Reef Crystal. I just read the ALK is too high with Reef Crystal. I do seven-gallon water changes every week.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:54 PM
Bugger Bugger ثeuW
ZEOdabbler

How much start are you dosing. You should only dos 2.25 ml a day. did you go over that.
But to the point all that nitrate was turned into bacteria mass and that is why it is cloudy.
You could get a uv sterlizer or just wait it out. You fish wont be very happy with you though. Water changes wont do anything
Old 06-11-2017, 05:13 PM
jpukla jpukla ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks for your feedback. I'm dosing 1 ml of ZEOstart a day. Should I keep dosing or change something? The guide mentions ZEOstart 2 but BRS sells ZEOstart 3, is this just a newer version? Also, all the fish are normal and happy but is there something to worry about until the bloom clears? Again, thanks for the info.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:39 PM
Bugger Bugger ثeuW
ZEOdabbler

You can't get zeostart 2 anymore. They just never updated the guide. You can keep on using start and once the bloom goes away then start dosing the correct amount of 2.25 ml after. YOur fish might start kicking water out of the tank. Make sure no electical stuff gets wet
Old 06-12-2017, 04:23 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin

Does the water gets cloudy even if you do not dose AminoAcid LPS & Coral Vitalizer ?

How much ZeoVit material you do have in the reactor and what is the flow through it ?

G.Alexander
Old 06-12-2017, 09:57 PM
jpukla jpukla ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

I'm dosing ZEOstart (1 ml) daily and ZEObac and ZEOfood 7 every Monday and Friday.Tonight the water is relatively clear. I have one liter (bag) of Zeolites and the flow to the reactor is 90 gallons an hour off my return line, no dedicated pump. The other day I dosed the amino acid only and the water became cloudy. Should I hold off on dosing the other supplements or try adding them to see what happens.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:20 AM
ZEOadmin

Lets try a dosing break for AminoAcids and ZeoFood to see if the cloudiness does disappear over the next couple of days completely.

G.Alexander
Old 06-13-2017, 11:00 PM
jpukla jpukla ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Okay, I'll hold off on dosing the others for a few days. Right now, the water is clear so I'll let you know what happens when I dose again in a few days. Thanks for all your assistance.
Old 08-19-2017, 01:41 PM
jpukla jpukla ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

My water has cleared up, thanks for the info. Most of my corals are doing well but 3 of my Montiporas have grayed out and then bleached out. My Potassium is 360 even dosing 3 mil of K-Balance daily. I've gone back to Brightwell salt since it has more K then Reef Crystal. My question is, should I use K-Balance strong to get my Potassium up to 380? Also, I have minor cyano issue but it has improved recently. Second question, I have Coral Snow but they recommend using it with another product. Would Cyano -Clean be a good choice? here is my dosing schedule

ZEObac Six drops twice a week

ZEOfood7 Six drops twice a week

ZEOstart3 1 mil Daily

Amino Acid LPS 3 Mil Daily

Coral Vitalizer 6 drops daily

K-Balance 3 Mil daily

Would appreciate any assistance.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:39 AM
ZEOadmin

Lets increase the K-Balance Strong dosage to 3 ml three times a day. Please keep a minimum dosing break of two hours between the additions. I would additional recommend to cut down the AminoLPS dosage to 3 ml 2 x weekly and CoralVitalizer to 12 drops 2 x weekly. The rest of the dosage is OK.

G.Alexander
Old 08-23-2017, 09:15 PM
jpukla jpukla ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks for the info. I have a few questions I hope you can answer

Once the K level is up to 380-400 should I start dosing K- Balance to maintain appropriate levels or continue with K-Strong

Do I have to mix Coral Snow with one of the other recommended elements together before adding to the tank or can I add them separately to the tank

I soak my carbon in RO water overnight. Is the boiling water process necessary. If it is, how long do you have to wait until you can add it to your sump

Is it better to dose in the tank or the sump

Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure I'm doing everything right.

Thanks
Old 08-24-2017, 03:26 AM
ZEOadmin

Once the K+ level is adequate you can continue to dose K-Balance Strong to keep the level there if necessary.

I have personally not mixed coloration elements with Coral Snow in my own tanks, I dosed them separate but it can be done.

If you soak the carbon in hot water air will get released from the carbon which makes it more effective. I have done this always and it has worked fine for me. Just keep the carbon in the hot water until it has cooled down than you can add it directly to your tank.

It is the best to dose the products after the skimmer, ZeoBac and ZeoStart can be dosed in the same sump camber which hold the ZeoVit reactor. A good place to dose the other products is the last filter camber which does contain the sump return pump, alternatively directly in the main display system in front of a pump.

G.Alexander
Old 12-09-2017, 04:30 PM
jpukla jpukla ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Default Fading and Lack of Growth

Need some help with fading and lack of coral growth. I dont know if Im dosing too much or not enough. I understand the system requires you to observe and adjust as needed but Im not sure what the signs are. Im losing corals and have moved most to the QT to save them. I had some algae issues that are improving but my corals are suffering. Here is my current schedule.

Zeobac 6 drops twice a week
Zeofood7 6 drops twice a week
ZEOstart3 1mil daily
Coral Vitalizer 12 drops twice a week
K Balance as need to maintain 400 (hasnt gone down in a while)

To help with the algae, Im using 5 mil Coral Snow every other day and just started 6 drops of Sponge Power on the opposite days of the Sponge Power. Will back the Coral Snow off to once a week now that the algae is under control.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 12-10-2017, 12:16 AM
ZEOadmin

Your dosing regimen is fine. To increase growth I would first try to do three water changes each 15 – 20% within 10 days with a well balanced salt. Usually if there are no other issues this should increase growth.

G.Alexander
Old 12-11-2017, 07:47 PM
jpukla jpukla ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Okay, Ill start the water changes. I recently changed the ZEOvit and kept 20% of the old stones. I have a green slimer and now its turning grey, it has not grown in several months but had good color. Is this related to the need to perform water changes or do you believe something else may be going on.
Thanks