zeovit.com Aquariumspeciality  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 new to zeovit
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 136
Views: 12,413
0 Dosing adjustment after 14 day cycle
Last Post: darius
Replies: 16
Views: 459
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Replies: 230
Views: 22,138
0 a new tank with Zeo system,Some questions
Replies: 12
Views: 251
0 HELP WITH DOSING PLEASE!
Replies: 55
Views: 1,700
0 macro element dosing
Last Post: Meir
Replies: 3
Views: 146
0 moving from aF back to Zoevit
Last Post: chercm
Replies: 74
Views: 4,877
0 Day 9 of 14 day Zeocycle
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 16
Views: 440
0 Back on Reefing
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 2
Views: 99
0 Featured Tank . Richard Wagemaker (xixau) - Central Coast - Australia
Last Post: ComFi
Replies: 39
Views: 28,045
More...
Old 09-22-2018, 07:43 PM
Zoonder Zoonder ثeu
Zeohead wannabe

Exclamation Help please Potassium deficiency? or growth?

Hello everyone my tank hasnt been looking so happy lately some white tips
On my acros and over all very pale coloration especially green I dont know if its dew to to Much flow (2 maxspect gyre XF-280s on tunze 13000 lph) or can it be too much lighting from my leds, or me missing an element would love some tips this is my system:

1. Gross water volume complete system - 170 US gallons / 663 liters
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique - No
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) - No
5. Are you using Ozone- No
6. Are you using UV- No
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) KZ revolution s with aquabee 3000 lph
PO4- 0.04 ppm
NO2- 0.01 ppm
NO3 - 0.5 ppm
Alkalinity - 8.4 dkh
Cal- 466ppm
Mg-1160
Salinity- 1.024 sg
Potassium- 380 one week ago today weirdly 315 probably bad test by me.
Orp- 292
Ph average- 7.94
Temp 25-26 c
10. What filtration method do you zevoit zeolite media and kz Carbon running through l kz magnetic reactor at 700 per hour
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) 4 maxspect ethernal leds 130 w each set at about 78% intensity at peek
12. What corals do you keep mainly sps corals montiporas,acros,digidata,miliopra and Duncan,gsp invertebrates-red tomato , green bubble anomies 2troucs 2 turbo 2 big abalones 3 small sea urchins ,2 nasurius and two counces
13. Tissue color (light or dark)-light
14. How long has the tank been running- almost 6 months
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system - to have a thriving sps dom tank
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)

Zeostart3- 0.5morning-0.5night
Lps amino acid 3ml twice a week
Amino concentrate 6 drops twice a week
Zeobak-5 drops twice a week
Zeofood7-6 drops twice a week
Spongepower-6 drops 3 times a week
Coral Vitalizer- 6 drops 3 times a week
Iodide Complex- 6 drops 3 -4 times a week (just started 2days ago)

Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) live branches from a live rock supplier in srilanka around 50 kg

18. Any present problems - pale colours green especially ,moderate polyp extension during daytime,
Some white tips on acros (not sure If its bleaching or growth ) some digitatas have retracted polyps completely and still fora has tissue loss
No algae present. Overall corals look not

20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) all reagents new
Hanna-po4,ca,alk and no2
Red Sea -no3 ,mg
Tropic marine- k+

23. Which salt brand do you use -reef flowers
Thank you everyone!
Old 09-23-2018, 01:16 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin

Water parameters are not really ideal, KH is to high, Mg is to low, Ca is to high. This is some kind of a imbalance and should be fixed slowly. I would recommend to adjust the levels as follows:

KH 6.5 – 7.5
Ca 400 – 420 mg
Mg 1250 – 1300 mg
K+ ~ 380 mg

Bringing back the balance with a balanced salt mix having those levels within the above ranges is would I would do by doing water changes.

Can you tell us something more about your system especially how it has worked before you have started to use ZeoVit ? Have you had those problems before ? When do you started with the ZeoVit system at this tank ?

Because oft the TN starting at the tips do you have increased the potassium level recently to quick ?

It would also be interesting to know how much ZeoVit material you are using in the reactor.

G.Alexander
Old 09-23-2018, 04:02 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Hello Zoonder, first check if Ro/di is good, and choose the appropriate sea salt. After several changes of water, keep it at KH 6.5 - 7.5
Ca 400 - 420 mg
Mg 1250 - 1300 mg
K + ~ 380 mg,

Especially in the low malnutrition environment of kz, DKH is not recommended >8. The tip of the TN may be due to the damage caused by the light source of the Led direct (beam), you can try to weaken or improve the fixture,

NO2- 0.01ppm which is wrong (curious how to measure).

Ok, let us start from the basics, the appropriate level of kh ca mg, the amount and flow rate of zeolite, kz carbon is too high to pass at 700 per hour, usually use the net bag to be placed in the sump and replaced every month.

Also, I don't know what the amount of kz carbon is. I suggest that you slightly reduce or increase the luminaire and that the individual parameters of the water quality are at the appropriate level.

Special care It is meaningless to raise kh ca in the case of insufficient mg. In addition, forced lifting is likely to cause precipitation of calcium carbonate and equipment damage.

Element elevation, it is recommended that you first from the order mg>kh>ca, mg answer the next kh, mg & kh is suitable for ca. The opposite kh does not improve. Go back and explore if mg is at the right level. Little advice to share with you.

In addition, when you use good salt to change the water and lead the element back, please pay attention to the difference of SG. If you can temperature, please pay attention to it. The difference between the two is not too big.

Last edited by jacky; 09-23-2018 at 04:16 AM.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:36 AM
Zoonder Zoonder ثeu
Zeohead wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Water parameters are not really ideal, KH is to high, Mg is to low, Ca is to high. This is some kind of a imbalance and should be fixed slowly. I would recommend to adjust the levels as follows:

KH 6.5 7.5
Ca 400 420 mg
Mg 1250 1300 mg
K+ ~ 380 mg

Bringing back the balance with a balanced salt mix having those levels within the above ranges is would I would do by doing water changes.

Can you tell us something more about your system especially how it has worked before you have started to use ZeoVit ? Have you had those problems before ? When do you started with the ZeoVit system at this tank ?

Because oft the TN starting at the tips do you have increased the potassium level recently to quick ?

It would also be interesting to know how much ZeoVit material you are using in the reactor.

G.Alexander
Thank you
i have no alk or ca consumption yet how would you go about lowering it?
I have 1400 grams of zeolite media in the reactor and 2 cups of carbon
I added 6 grams of pure potassium in RODI water by reef flowers yesterday that should raise by 30 ppm I noticed straight away extreme polyp extension
My tds is at 1 ppm I think I will do better testing today and give you the results
Old 09-23-2018, 04:39 AM
Zoonder Zoonder ثeu
Zeohead wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Hello Zoonder, first check if Ro/di is good, and choose the appropriate sea salt. After several changes of water, keep it at KH 6.5 - 7.5
Ca 400 - 420 mg
Mg 1250 - 1300 mg
K + ~ 380 mg,

Especially in the low malnutrition environment of kz, DKH is not recommended >8. The tip of the TN may be due to the damage caused by the light source of the Led direct (beam), you can try to weaken or improve the fixture,

NO2- 0.01ppm which is wrong (curious how to measure).

Ok, let us start from the basics, the appropriate level of kh ca mg, the amount and flow rate of zeolite, kz carbon is too high to pass at 700 per hour, usually use the net bag to be placed in the sump and replaced every month.

Also, I don't know what the amount of kz carbon is. I suggest that you slightly reduce or increase the luminaire and that the individual parameters of the water quality are at the appropriate level.

Special care It is meaningless to raise kh ca in the case of insufficient mg. In addition, forced lifting is likely to cause precipitation of calcium carbonate and equipment damage.

Element elevation, it is recommended that you first from the order mg>kh>ca, mg answer the next kh, mg & kh is suitable for ca. The opposite kh does not improve. Go back and explore if mg is at the right level. Little advice to share with you.

In addition, when you use good salt to change the water and lead the element back, please pay attention to the difference of SG. If you can temperature, please pay attention to it. The difference between the two is not too big.
Thank you
NO2- is checked by Hana checker and result is in Ppb then calculated to ppm
I have 1400 grams of zeolite media in the reactor and 2 cups of carbon
I added 6 grams of pure potassium in RODI water by reef flowers yesterday that should raise by 30 ppm I noticed straight away extreme polyp extension
My tds is at 1 ppm I think I will do better testing today and give you the results
Old 09-23-2018, 05:02 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

I noticed the direct extreme polyp expansion, correct. It can also help bring out some colors. Do not raise the speed too fast and get a correct potassium level value. And let the water parameters fit at the level recommended by kz. Then answer G.Alexander's question in detail, because they are also related to the pale polyps of the coral tissue. Can you post a picture of the injured coral and a panoramic view of the tank coral to give you advice.

Please also note that DKH<8 is recommended. Low malnutrition environment kh6.5~7.5

A small amount of water change refresh balance individual parameters
Old 09-23-2018, 08:19 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

The application of zeolite and activated carbon is probably to put 1.65 liters of zeovit into the Zeo reactor. The zeolite water flow rate is approximately 650 liters per hour. The reactor pump was connected to a clock timer and the reactor pump was run for a 3 hour / 3 hour / 3 hour start time. When the pump is turned off, ensure that the zeolite is not exposed to the air. Clean the materials daily. The zeolite was left in the filter for 4 weeks until the first replacement. This is the first replacement interval and the other intervals can be extended to 6-8 weeks.

2. Place 0.65 liters of activated carbon into the filter bag and place it in a passive stream of water in the sump, changing every 30 days. Wipe the carbon every day to keep the surface clean. Most users get the perfect result with korallenzucht carbon
Old 09-23-2018, 10:35 AM
Zoonder Zoonder ثeu
Zeohead wannabe

ok so I was wrong completely about my parameters/
I mixed up wrong dates
this is the situation now-
NO2- 0.1
NO3 - 0
PO4- 0
ALK- 7.7
CA - 430
MG- 1360
SALINITY - 1.023 SG
ORP - 278
TEMP-25-26C
K- 315 (checked twice to make sure made a small fix yesterday 6 g of reef flowers pure potassium that should bring me up 30 ppm but checkup water test failed for some reason )
Old 09-23-2018, 11:00 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Is the amount of zeolite and activated carbon correct? Also get a potassium test kit, can you publish the affected coral pictures and tank pictures?
Old 09-24-2018, 01:32 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin

Net water volume of your system is ~ 500 liters therefore you should use 1.25 liters ZeoVit material with a reactor flow of ~ 500 liters per hour.

Not sure which kind of salt you use, maybe a more balanced salt would be better in your case. Another possibility are issues with your test kits, you might cross check them with different kits.

The imbalance of the main water parameters is one issue which explain that your corals are not growing very well. This should change if you bring back the balance if there are not additional problems.

G.Alexander
Old 09-24-2018, 05:25 AM
Zoonder Zoonder ثeu
Zeohead wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Net water volume of your system is ~ 500 liters therefore you should use 1.25 liters ZeoVit material with a reactor flow of ~ 500 liters per hour.

Not sure which kind of salt you use, maybe a more balanced salt would be better in your case. Another possibility are issues with your test kits, you might cross check them with different kits.

The imbalance of the main water parameters is one issue which explain that your corals are not growing very well. This should change if you bring back the balance if there are not additional problems.

G.Alexander
Thank you! So where did the 162 liters disaper?
Old 09-24-2018, 10:59 AM
blackizzz blackizzz ثeu
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoonder View Post
Thank you! So where did the 162 liters disaper?
That would be displacement of glass, sand and rocks It's better to be slightly conservative in the beginning, and then if nutrients don't drop correctly increase zeovit media and flow. Too much media or too much flow and corals will start having much trouble!
Old 09-24-2018, 12:41 PM
Zoonder Zoonder ثeu
Zeohead wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackizzz View Post
That would be displacement of glass, sand and rocks It's better to be slightly conservative in the beginning, and then if nutrients don't drop correctly increase zeovit media and flow. Too much media or too much flow and corals will start having much trouble!
Thank you so much appreciate all the help and knowledge ! Have a lot to learn hope I dont destroy to many creation of nature on the way

Tags
pale colours