zeovit.com AquaIllumination  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 66
Views: 3,394
0 High Phosphates on new Zeovit system!
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 3
Views: 72
0 Considering switching from FM to Zeo
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 6
Views: 159
0 moving from aF back to Zoevit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 16
Views: 306
0 Mein Zeobecken
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 50
Views: 2,407
0 Sale & Clearance: Aquatrance, Sedra, & MORE!
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 09-18-2018
Replies: 0
Views: 27
0 The Island Reef
Last Post: PmRg
Posted On: 09-18-2018
Replies: 158
Views: 27,207
1 New Tank. Zeovit dosing recommendations
Last Post: decena
Posted On: 09-18-2018
Replies: 59
Views: 2,837
0 Bashsea Smart Series Pump at MACNA 2018
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 09-17-2018
Replies: 0
Views: 62
More...
  #1  
Old 04-12-2018, 11:44 AM
Stavanger Stavanger 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Norway
Posts: 45
Default Alkalinity,magnesium,calcium off chart

Hi
I switched from biopellets to zeovit approx three months ago.And of course I had to lower the 3 big according to the use of zeovit.
But I do not understand why it is this big difference between them.
Red Sea 525 xl,approx 520 liters
Alkalinity 7,7 (dosing 25 ml pr24h)
Calcium, 425 (dosing 25 ml pr 24h)
Magnesium 1280(dosing 120 ml pr 24 hour)

When using biopellets,all three was equal.Any ideas what to do?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-12-2018, 05:19 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavanger View Post
Hi
I switched from biopellets to zeovit approx three months ago.And of course I had to lower the 3 big according to the use of zeovit.
But I do not understand why it is this big difference between them.
Red Sea 525 xl,approx 520 liters
Alkalinity 7,7 (dosing 25 ml pr24h)
Calcium, 425 (dosing 25 ml pr 24h)
Magnesium 1280(dosing 120 ml pr 24 hour)

When using biopellets,all three was equal.Any ideas what to do?
What is your question exactly? Can you explain your ask but more?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-13-2018, 12:52 AM
Stavanger Stavanger 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Norway
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
What is your question exactly? Can you explain your ask but more?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
bad explanation
When I used biopellets,I dosed the same amount of alkalinity,magnesium and calcium.(balling)
Now,I have to reduce alkalinity and calcium to 25 ml,compare to magnesium wich is 125 ml.We are still talking about balling.And the growth of the corals has been quite reduced.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-13-2018, 01:03 AM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavanger View Post
bad explanation
When I used biopellets,I dosed the same amount of alkalinity,magnesium and calcium.(balling)
Now,I have to reduce alkalinity and calcium to 25 ml,compare to magnesium wich is 125 ml.We are still talking about balling.And the growth of the corals has been quite reduced.
Oh got it.
Perfectly normal. Alk ca and mag demand vary by coral demand.
Coral demand and growth pattern vary by systems and methods.
I would not worry about this as long as your test kits are correct and your dosing is based on correct reading.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7, Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by ZeoVit.com