zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 changing to full zeo,need some advice and help
Last Post: wangsz
Posted On: Today
Replies: 26
Views: 644
0 Brand new 60 gallon tank for ZeoVit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 1
Views: 34
0 New tank Elos 160 XL
Replies: 27
Views: 1,691
0 Zeo-Testbecken
Replies: 11
Views: 315
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Posted On: 12-13-2018
Replies: 188
Views: 15,342
0 New Zeovit user in Ireland
Replies: 3
Views: 177
5 green algae outbreak
Replies: 39
Views: 1,111
0 A restart
Posted On: 12-12-2018
Replies: 177
Views: 16,698
0 100g SPS Tank
Posted On: 12-12-2018
Replies: 95
Views: 7,213
0 Live & Refrigerated Foods - New $7.99 Flat Rate 2 day Air Shipping
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 12-11-2018
Replies: 0
Views: 59
More...

Old 10-22-2018, 03:56 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

I have a couple of additional questions:

Have you had issue with nutrients before or has this suddenly happen since using ZeoVit ?

When exactly have you started with ZeoVit on this tank ?

How have you controlled nutrients before using ZeoVit ?

G.Alexander
Old 10-22-2018, 06:34 AM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
I have a couple of additional questions:

Have you had issue with nutrients before or has this suddenly happen since using ZeoVit ?

I think this is relatively new massive spike. I think it is related to overdosing fuel.

When exactly have you started with ZeoVit on this tank ?

Years ago

How have you controlled nutrients before using ZeoVit ?

Believe so. However not sure if sold on zeovit or not. Per my comments about why using zeo.

Thank you

G.Alexander

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2018, 06:47 AM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
It is recommended to treat Zeo Coral Snow, and vacuum the siphon sand when changing water, Skimmer adjusts the wet, see the changes in PO4, and try BM if you like.

Remember that too fast nutrients are reduced, stress on corals, and slowly adapting corals to customary environments

If you prefer, when PO4 is high, temporarily stop the addition of amino acids, such as AA.

Xtra Special for very low malnutrition environments, reducing dose addition, may be a good thing

In general, LPS, my concept relies on light sources, bacteria, plankton, enough to provide food for their growth.

The food you add to add supplements can be slightly reduced.

It is usually supplemented with nutrients and added more meaning in a low malnutrition environment.

I like your tank, the concept of nature, really beautiful

Not sure Snow will help with phosphates? Touch wood but dont have cyano or slime algae.

Coral Snow liquid will help with yellowing compounds that activated carbon misses. It has also been shown to be beneficial in treating unwanted slime algae and cyanobacteria. The product contains natural calcium-magnesium carbonate and other specialized compounds. Clay-like composition and properties make for a highly absorbent medium that can be taken up by corals and protein skimmers.

This is primarily a secondary biological facilitator for other Korallen-Zucht products like Amino Acids Coral Vitalizer, B-Balance and Potassium-Iodide/Fluoride Concentrate.

Dose Coral Snow 1 mL per 25 US gallons every day mixed with a different product to enhance results. Combine the desired amount of Coral Snow and additive, rest for 5 minutes then add directly to a high flow area of the tank. Initial cloudiness is normal and not harmful. After initial cloudiness disappears you will notice the water is extremely clear, very similar to when fresh activated carbon is added to the tank. Do not exceed recommended amount.

To help eliminate cyano bacteria add one drop of ZEObak per 25 gallons of tank water to Coral Snow. Dose every two days until cyano bacteria is gone.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:57 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Yes, correct. It can be said that it is the final product of nutrients. I also regard Zeo Coral Snow as a "carrier." Then remove them with Skimmer

Most people can control NO3, PO4. As I mentioned above, most of them are the final products, so reducing organic matter is also reducing nutrient production.

However, reducing them can be done in many ways, such as: water flow, Skimmer, zeolite, activated carbon, microbes, sponge growth.

Every mode is nothing more than "purifying water quality", reducing the time that nutrient salts stay in the tank, with different functions and different attributes.

Reducing organic matter is equivalent to reducing the formation and residence time of nutrients.

Organic matter also affects the color of corals,However, being too low is not a good thing.

@But there are no cyano or mucilage algae.

I am not a professional messenger. They are composed of many different forms. They all need a medium (organic matter). As I mentioned above, controlling organic matter is also equal to controlling NP. They will be different. The pattern is expressed, and there may be cases where the NP is low but the algae grows. Another type is bacteria (Cyanobacteria).
The function of Zeo CS is to reduce their (very fine ink), so I regard it as a kind of "carrier" and also a kind of nutritious "transportation". The water quality is achieved, the water quality is particularly crystal clear, and the light source is greatly increased. The penetration of corals.

Last edited by jacky; 10-22-2018 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:41 PM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Yes, correct. It can be said that it is the final product of nutrients. I also regard Zeo Coral Snow as a "carrier." Then remove them with Skimmer

Most people can control NO3, PO4. As I mentioned above, most of them are the final products, so reducing organic matter is also reducing nutrient production.

However, reducing them can be done in many ways, such as: water flow, Skimmer, zeolite, activated carbon, microbes, sponge growth.

Every mode is nothing more than "purifying water quality", reducing the time that nutrient salts stay in the tank, with different functions and different attributes.

Reducing organic matter is equivalent to reducing the formation and residence time of nutrients.

Organic matter also affects the color of corals,However, being too low is not a good thing.

@But there are no cyano or mucilage algae.

I am not a professional messenger. They are composed of many different forms. They all need a medium (organic matter). As I mentioned above, controlling organic matter is also equal to controlling NP. They will be different. The pattern is expressed, and there may be cases where the NP is low but the algae grows. Another type is bacteria (Cyanobacteria).
The function of Zeo CS is to reduce their (very fine ink), so I regard it as a kind of "carrier" and also a kind of nutritious "transportation". The water quality is achieved, the water quality is particularly crystal clear, and the light source is greatly increased. The penetration of corals.

Ok I added some in today. Will be replacing carbon today also. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2018, 12:46 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by scybulski View Post
Ok I added some in today. Will be replacing carbon today also. Thanks

Do you understand what I mean, please forgive me for not much English.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:55 PM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Do you understand what I mean, please forgive me for not much English.

All good. Thank you for your advice.

Old 10-23-2018, 04:36 AM
ZEOadmin

Can you tell how much ZeoVit material you have in the reactor and what the flow through the reactor is (measured) ?

The sand from the picture you have posted does look dirty. I would try to vacuum it while each water change for some time to remove the sediments from the deeper sand layers. If this does not help to reduce PO4 after some time it might make sense to replace the sand completely with a shallow aragonite sand bed.

G.Alexander
Old 10-23-2018, 08:33 PM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Can you tell how much ZeoVit material you have in the reactor and what the flow through the reactor is (measured) ?

The sand from the picture you have posted does look dirty. I would try to vacuum it while each water change for some time to remove the sediments from the deeper sand layers. If this does not help to reduce PO4 after some time it might make sense to replace the sand completely with a shallow aragonite sand bed.

G.Alexander

Hi Alexander

I use one bag of it. When I rotate the stones out I leave about 20% of the old ones to transfer bio. Also I soak the new stones over night in ro water and rinse with it.

In regards to flow when I tested it last time doing math it was the correct flow. I have been considering getting the flow module for the apex.

Also I shake the stones 2 times a day for 1 minute (apex scheduled with the Avast). Also I shut the pump down on a cycle. 90 min on 90 off. Also the flow is not on when the avast is running.

Sand is kinda clean. You might be looking at the glass down there. Need to get the razor blade out. Under neither the tank does not look bad either.

Tonight scheduled to ZZ and BM. Tomorrow thinking about water change or is it to soon from last Saturday one?

Thanks for all the help

Old 10-24-2018, 03:21 AM
ZEOadmin

That all sounds good but I worry about the PO4 level. 0.5 mg is really high and it will take a longer period to get it down.

Even if the sand looks clean I would recommend to vacuum it for some time while the regular water changes.

Do you have a lot of sediment on the rocks ?

Lets continue dosing as follows:

ZeoBac – 4 drops every other day
ZeoStart – 0.4 ml x daily
SpongePower – 4 drops daily
BioMate – 8 drops daily pure
ZeoZym – 1 spoon 2 x weekly pure

G.Alexander
Old 10-24-2018, 06:33 AM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
That all sounds good but I worry about the PO4 level. 0.5 mg is really high and it will take a longer period to get it down.

Even if the sand looks clean I would recommend to vacuum it for some time while the regular water changes.

ZeoBac 4 drops every other day
ZeoStart 0.4 ml x daily
SpongePower 4 drops daily
BioMate 8 drops daily pure
ZeoZym 1 spoon 2 x weekly pure

G.Alexander

Will do. Water change schedule recommendations?

Old 10-24-2018, 09:21 AM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:

ZeoBac 4 drops every other day
ZeoStart 0.4 ml x daily
SpongePower 4 drops daily
BioMate 8 drops daily pure
ZeoZym 1 spoon 2 x weekly pure

G.Alexander

Another question came to mind. When do you recommend doing them (zz and bm together is at night with lights and skimmer off). For above what do you recommend?

Thanks again for your help

Old 10-25-2018, 03:06 AM
ZEOadmin

I would recommend you a weekly water change of 10%. Personally I have not mixed the different products but it can be done, especially if CoralSnow is used additional. It does not matter when you dose it, if you like to you can switch off the skimmer for 2 hours while dosing to keep the “elements” for some additional time in the water column before they get skimmed out.

G.Alexander
Old 10-25-2018, 06:36 AM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
I would recommend you a weekly water change of 10%. Personally I have not mixed the different products but it can be done, especially if CoralSnow is used additional. It does not matter when you dose it, if you like to you can switch off the skimmer for 2 hours while dosing to keep the elements for some additional time in the water column before they get skimmed out.

G.Alexander

How often would you use CS? Was not on the list above.
Thank you

Old 10-26-2018, 03:42 AM
ZEOadmin

1-2 x weekly 8 ml.

G.Alexander