zeovit.com Aquariumspeciality  

Go Back   zeovit.com > Equipment Forums > Reactors

Reactors This forum is for ZeovitReaktors/CaCO2 Reaktors etc.

Active Threads
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Last Post: kosiarek84
Posted On: Today
Replies: 68
Views: 3,957
4 Help please Potassium deficiency? or growth?
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 8
Views: 113
0 Coral nutrition
Replies: 4
Views: 65
0 Austria Zeovit Reef 2.0
Replies: 57
Views: 2,326
0 High Phosphates on new Zeovit system!
Replies: 16
Views: 341
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Replies: 133
Views: 10,346
0 100g SPS Tank
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 5
Views: 235
0 What kind of algae is this and how do I get rid of it.
Last Post: Bugger
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 3
Views: 63
0 Euphyllia and lps aminoacid
Last Post: Bugger
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 6
Views: 163
0 25% OFF PE Mysis Pellets + New Glue from PolypLab
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 09-21-2018
Replies: 0
Views: 42
More...

Old 05-12-2016, 11:45 AM
tjiddy tjiddy 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default Vibe questions

Thinking about getting an Avast Marine Vibe but have 2 questions for all of you vibers out there.

1) According to the 1L of zeolite per 100G of water rule, eventually I'll need 2 full liters of media. The Avast reactor comes in a 2L and a 4L size. Do I need extra room, or will a 2L media chamber work ok completely full? It seems like if I try to fit them all in, there wont be much room for "vibing".

2) I read somewhere (One of the reviews on BRS about the 4L KZ reactor), "Don't get the vibe, just don't do it. It grinds the stones and doesn't mulm them properly". Has anyone found this to be true? I only see positive experiences with it here on the these forums.

Sorry for the crosspost. I posted this in general, but realized it probably belongs here.
Thanks!
Old 05-12-2016, 03:45 PM
SKYWALKER3D SKYWALKER3D 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I would go the 4 litre one to give you spare room. I run 1.7 liters and there is only 1/2" from the top. Not sure about grinding. When it runs the mulp comes lifts of the rock ok. The smaller stones settle on the bottom as to be expected. The Vibe works great for me.
Old 05-23-2016, 01:45 PM
Teddyboy Teddyboy 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I'm going to get the 2L vibe for my 100 gallon money pit . People really seem to like it, and it works from what I've been reading on the forums. I've never heard of anyone making the statement that the vibrations will grind the zeolite down that owns the reactor. With a manual reactor you pump it about 10-15 times once a day which adds up to about a minute of time. Your vibrating the reactor for about a minute once a day, and what is proper mulming?

The replacement rate according to the zeovit guide is approximately every 6-12 weeks depending on the tanks nutrient load. You would negate any effects of grinding due to the replacement schedule. I just see it as a non-issue. You're not constantly vibrating the material. That's 7 minutes a week. On minute over a 24 hour period. 42 minutes over a six week period if that's the replacement schedule your tank requires. Get the vibe. I think you like it.
Old 05-23-2016, 03:35 PM
ronhaskovec ronhaskovec 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

A buddy of mine had the large vibe on his big tank and absolutely hated it, he said it was a pain in the rear to change out stones. I went with the vertex 1.5L and I'm very happy with it, even though I do have to pump it twice a day. I have found that it's really not that big of a hassle as I thought it would be.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:18 AM
JasReef JasReef 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Those with the Vibe, do you set it to run a couple times per day?

I have the 4L build it yourself coming today. I like as much automation as possible, although I still check everything and Alkalinity daily.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:33 PM
Double Espresso Double Espresso 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I have the 2L vibe for my 200G system and had the same question. The 2L fills up to about 80% of the vibe and still has decent room for water flow. I have had it for 6 weeks and love it. The timer comes on twice every day and shakes and washes the stones. It is a great piece of equipment.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:36 AM
Rudimenta Rudimenta 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I have a 4lt for ~170g., I would not know how to do a 200g with a 2 lt

Just did my first change, agree it's a *****, but ok once every 6 weeks...

The smallest stones go in a filterbag I had it without and that doesn't work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 06-12-2016, 09:40 PM
JasReef JasReef 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudimenta View Post
I have a 4lt for ~170g.

The smallest stones go in a filterbag I had it without and that doesn't work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Why do you put the small stones in the bag? Do they bind up or something?
Old 06-14-2016, 05:36 PM
MinnesotaReefJunkie MinnesotaReefJunkie 目前離線
ZEOhead

The small stones plug up the reactor and reduce flow. I personally do not recommend the vibe it grinds the stones vs shaking the contents loose.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:20 AM
Rudimenta Rudimenta 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Yes the small stones, get also through the mesh.

About how the stones are shaken, this is correct what is posted above, its more of vibration than shaking. I am actually now increasing the amount of stirrs a day.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:04 PM
Double Espresso Double Espresso 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Personally, I don't agree with the vibe "grinding" the stones.
Stones are not sitting dry on each other, they are surrounded by the column of water.
I have the vibe, it does it's job every day, on time. I travel often, so it works for me. If I were to restart another tank, I would buy the vibe again.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:02 PM
Rudimenta Rudimenta 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I am not saying to not buy the vibe, I am just saying the setting might need to be a bit different because the mulm release is less that a manual one to my eyes, by it running 1 min. Don't forget there own auto runs like 8 SEC each hour. Anyway still experimenting and will post my findings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2016, 03:29 AM
Reef Knut Reef Knut 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

The avast vibe is a great product, Ive used zeo for years and I own the kz reactor does it a great job, I have a post on here where I made an automatic reactor to replicate the kz one that worked great and when moving to my 1000liter tank I needed 2kg of stones so I started to talk to the Avast guys in the states about there product. I purchase mine directly from them as they sell it in the states as a kit ( cheaper) that you build yourself.. The concerns I had was flow in/through the reactor and in their v2 model this isn't an issue. I have run 2liters of stone in the 2liters model and if you use just the auto stones then it is pretty full but I realized that if you run the reactor with the small stones they actually sink to the bottom(they don't block flow it's impossible how the base is cut out) and act like a slippery superfine for the larger stones and produce even better removal. Hand shaking, auto shaking and vibration there is no deiffence in fact the stones are cleaned with the vibe I believe better as the partical release is smaller due to vibration over colision. I run mine 4 times a day for 3 minutes the motor isn't noisy really and I don't realise that it's actually working. Cleaning isn't as bad as above its like any housekeeping in this hobby, Actulay it's simple the 4 wing nuts makes for easy removal of the cylinder and the thumb screws are a simple way to access the stones, I actually found changing the stone on my kz reactor more of an issue due to having to pull the container so high out the body the sump celling would always be in the way and I'd need to angle it and move my cal reactor ect. Overall both option do a great job and I also want to add the customer services from Avast was amazing and they are a really great company with great employees and some cool products, it's just a shame there main traiding policy is over in the states as making the kit myself was a good experience and now I really like watching it in action.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:36 PM
High-mark High-mark 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I just purchased the 4 liter and elected to build it myself. Saved over 100.00 and it was easy. Their you tube video made it simple.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0pc...ature=youtu.be
Old 07-13-2016, 02:11 PM
Reef Knut Reef Knut 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

I built mine it's a good experience and easy to set up.