zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > Picture Forums > Tank Gallery (All Languages)

Tank Gallery (All Languages) Please share your tank in general/building process etc.

Active Threads
0 New ZeoVit tank
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 15
Views: 222
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Replies: 225
Views: 20,462
0 Day 9 of 14 day Zeocycle
Replies: 8
Views: 162
0 Zeovit - Werte permanent zu niedrig
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 9
Views: 471
0 help with us please
Replies: 10
Views: 363
0 GIVEAWAY: NEW! ME Coral Frag Plugs
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 18
0 40B Reef Journal
Replies: 9
Views: 216
0 Trying to lower Phosphate
Replies: 60
Views: 4,229
0 You Have Till Midnight- 12% OFF Veterans Day SALE
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 11-12-2018
Replies: 0
Views: 62
0 190g SPS tank in Taiwan
Last Post: blackizzz
Posted On: 11-12-2018
Replies: 76
Views: 16,492
More...
Old 05-25-2009, 04:08 AM
V1...rotate V1...rotate 目前離線
A Reef in the Sky

Quote:
OMG - that's so sexy...... !!!
I've found some casters that the wheels are red in colour so I'll have to either get a BK or Vertex Alpha to match
Old 05-25-2009, 04:26 AM
Ed Reef Ed Reef 目前離線
ART of Aquascaping

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1...rotate
I've found some casters that the wheels are red in colour so I'll have to either get a BK or Vertex Alpha to match

ATB is also white/ red. Lot's of skimmer options out there today compare to when I first started....

So look like your overall theme set-up will be white/ red?? So cool I think!! Very modern looking.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:49 AM
A Reef in the Sky

Quote:

ATB is also white/ red. Lot's of skimmer options out there today compare to when I first started....

So look like your overall theme set-up will be white/ red?? So cool I think!! Very modern looking.
more skimmer options!! Not sure about the colours just yet but will be looking for a modern look inside and out as the door panels maybe off at times when home (especially during summer).

Anyhow, do you see any major problems with the plan. The calculated weights with the sump and water should be okay... I think.

Quote:
Andrew - agree chiller are more efficient if there is sufficient air circulation. however, this can still be resolved if you want to place under your stand but due to your tight space, I guess next best option is to have a separate box build around it!!

And yes, Heilae is the best China chiller around. They are a JV company with Aqua Medic (tip - if you intend to upgrade in the future, get a oversize model as it's also more efficient - they have 1 model that is for 1200L - 2000L and it's a chiller/ heater (all in one) )

As for your roll out, you can make your doors sliding, instead of the traditional open up front...this way it will save you space

You can used RC formula to calculate or the below formula (incase you're away from your computer)

Formula for Liter:
L x W x H /1000

Formula for US Gallon:
L x W x H /231

So yes you need to drill the anti siphon hole below the water level of the returns. Then you can calculate (using the above formula) the amount of water that will be drain out when the pumps stop working (basically from your anti siphon hole to the water level) and make sure the remaining space in your sump is able to accommodate that!!

Shoot me a PM if you're not clear.

The good news is I've done the above and your sump should be able to handle but felt that all reefer should know how to count
Thanks for the info and advice the other day too Ed.

This new design means of course that the external chiller will need to be moved when required however this should rarely occur. I'm thinking extra hose that is tucked behind the cabinet can extend out when required.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:54 AM
Ed Reef Ed Reef 目前離線
ART of Aquascaping

Quote:
more skimmer options!! Not sure about the colours just yet but will be looking for a modern look inside and out as the door panels maybe off at times when home (especially during summer).

Anyhow, do you see any major problems with the plan. The calculated weights with the sump and water should be okay... I think.

Thanks for the info and advice the other day too Ed.

This new design means of course that the external chiller will need to be moved when required however this should rarely occur. I'm thinking extra hose that is tucked behind the cabinet can extend out when required.

Your plan is good to go...your stand can hold twice the weight and agree on using flexi PVC pipes or you can simple dismantle part of the pipe whenever u need to pull out the sump tank (which hopefully should not be more than quarterly)

Are you going to used earth strong magnet to stick the doors or are you going with hinges?? Maybe transparent glass doors so people can see al the goodies inside
Old 05-25-2009, 05:22 AM
A Reef in the Sky

Quote:
Your plan is good to go...your stand can hold twice the weight and agree on using flexi PVC pipes or you can simple dismantle part of the pipe whenever u need to pull out the sump tank (which hopefully should not be more than quarterly)

Are you going to used earth strong magnet to stick the doors or are you going with hinges?? Maybe transparent glass doors so people can see al the goodies inside

Hmmm... Transparent doors... There's a thought. That will mean I will have to use 'Georg Fischer' plumbing for sure. Was planning on tinted glass or something similar. I'll look into it.

I was thinking of using magnetic clips, the same as 'Dave's Reef' is using on his cabinet. This gives me the option to completely remove the doors when required. Only draw back is that they can't support 'really' heavy weights so glass may not be an option. I do want glossy panels similar to the sketches on page 1 of this thread.

Another tricky part will be designing the electrical section. About to start working on that.

Back to the overflow... are those pipe dimensions too large? I always read contradicting views and reports on flow rates. My thought was to go larger then use flow valves to control the rate?
Old 05-25-2009, 05:28 AM
Ed Reef Ed Reef 目前離線
ART of Aquascaping

Quote:
Hmmm... Transparent doors... There's a thought. That will mean I will have to use 'Georg Fischer' plumbing for sure. Was planning on tinted glass or something similar. I'll look into it.

I was thinking of using magnetic clips, the same as 'Dave's Reef' is using on his cabinet. This gives me the option to completely remove the doors when required. Only draw back is that they can't support 'really' heavy weights so glass may not be an option. I do want glossy panels similar to the sketches on page 1 of this thread.

Another tricky part will be designing the electrical section. About to start working on that.

Back to the overflow... are those pipe dimensions too large? I always read contradicting views and reports on flow rates. My thought was to go larger then use flow valves to control the rate?

If you're using 1 return pump, then YES a little large but since you're using two return pumps, you should be OK.

Anyway better larger than smaller IME as you can always tone down the output with a ball valve

Make the doors sliding and you won't have any problem with weight
Old 05-25-2009, 06:09 AM
A Reef in the Sky

Quote:
Give me a day or two to look through the rest of your plans before commenting further but first a couple of Q??

1. Are you planing on a BB, SSB or DSB?
2. Are you planning on 'less is more' aquascaping look? This will determine the amount of LR
3. What other equipments are you planning to have in your sump tank, apart from the Zeo reactor, skimmer, return, ATO??
4. Is your skimmer in-sump or external feed? - reason I ask is cause if it's in-sump, you might not want too much flow through in your sump as it will make your skimmer less effective
Ok Ed and others,

1. I was planning on using Aragonite from Zeovit as a SSB. Here in Hong Kong it is popular to have BB but IMO a sand base looks great.

2. Yes, I was planning on using 'less is more' for the aqua-scaping. I will provide pics of my ideas soon.

3. Besides the Skimmer, x2 Return pumps, Zeo reactor & ATO was planning on
- heater(s)
- Probes (temp, ph... etc)
- Tunze nano-stream 6055
- Calcium Reactor or maybe the balling method

Good to hear the overflow issues should be okay. Not sure how sliding doors will work but I'll also look into that too.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:10 AM
Ed Reef Ed Reef 目前離線
ART of Aquascaping

Quote:
Ok Ed and others,

1. I was planning on using Aragonite from Zeovit as a SSB. Here in Hong Kong it is popular to have BB but IMO a sand base looks great.

2. Yes, I was planning on using 'less is more' for the aqua-scaping. I will provide pics of my ideas soon.

3. Besides the Skimmer, x2 Return pumps, Zeo reactor & ATO was planning on
- heater(s)
- Probes (temp, ph... etc)
- Tunze nano-stream 6055
- Calcium Reactor or maybe the balling method

Good to hear the overflow issues should be okay. Not sure how sliding doors will work but I'll also look into that too.

Check out this build thread. he got a great sliding door and a cool way to hang the lights too........

http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16235

For your tank size, I would recommend balling (you will thank me in the future) as it's much easier to keep your params stable and most importantly takes up less space under your stand

For streams (if you can afford, I would used 6105 instead of 6055 as it's better equip for 'future' upgrades
Old 05-25-2009, 07:12 AM
Ed Reef Ed Reef 目前離線
ART of Aquascaping

Btw, in Zeovit system we usually recommend a SSB instead of a BB.

Maybe Alexander can explain better... lol
Old 05-25-2009, 01:07 PM
A Reef in the Sky

Quote:
For your tank size, I would recommend balling (you will thank me in the future) as it's much easier to keep your params stable and most importantly takes up less space under your stand

For streams (if you can afford, I would used 6105 instead of 6055 as it's better equip for 'future' upgrades
Thanks for the link Ed.

Did you mean use the 6105 in the sump? I was going to use (x3) 6105 in the display tank and a nano 6055 in the sump. All controllable with the 7095.

Regarding the 'balling method', that was what I wanted to use. I know 'Todd March' uses it, or a similar version. Any one else use it? What are your thoughts?

Bob or G.Alexander: is there any particular 'balling method' products that you would recommend works best with the zeovit system? I also don't really want to be mixing multiple liquids before placing them in the container...etc.

SSB it will be
Old 05-25-2009, 02:22 PM
Aged Salt Aged Salt 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hi Andrew, one can use Balling with ZEOvit as in any reef set-up...the choice is yours. Bob
Old 05-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Ed Reef Ed Reef 目前離線
ART of Aquascaping

Quote:
Thanks for the link Ed.

Did you mean use the 6105 in the sump? I was going to use (x3) 6105 in the display tank and a nano 6055 in the sump. All controllable with the 7095.

Regarding the 'balling method', that was what I wanted to use. I know 'Todd March' uses it, or a similar version. Any one else use it? What are your thoughts?

Bob or G.Alexander: is there any particular 'balling method' products that you would recommend works best with the zeovit system? I also don't really want to be mixing multiple liquids before placing them in the container...etc.

SSB it will be

What I mean is if you invest now in the 6105 (since you're getting 3 anyway so I presume getting the kit set of 4 pumps could save you some $$) and this can be used for future 'upgrades'

As for balling, there's lot of choices but since you're in HK - maybe try Grotech Ca, Mg and dKH supplements... You can get a 3 head Grotech dosing pump or a GHL dosing pump. I used to used Grotech dosing pump and they are super easy to sued and very reliable
Old 05-26-2009, 12:29 AM
A Reef in the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aged Salt
Hi Andrew, one can use Balling with ZEOvit as in any reef set-up...the choice is yours. Bob
Thanks Bob
Old 05-26-2009, 01:01 AM
A Reef in the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Reef
What I mean is if you invest now in the 6105 (since you're getting 3 anyway so I presume getting the kit set of 4 pumps could save you some $$) and this can be used for future 'upgrades'

As for balling, there's lot of choices but since you're in HK - maybe try Grotech Ca, Mg and dKH supplements... You can get a 3 head Grotech dosing pump or a GHL dosing pump. I used to used Grotech dosing pump and they are super easy to sued and very reliable
Roger... I understand. Was just thinking that the 6105 would be to strong for the return section in the sump and that why I elected for the controllable nano-stream. Anyway it gives options for future upgrades too.

yep, seen Grotech here in HKG at a number of shops. Looking into it now but since I'm interested in the GHL Profilux Controllers I may also elect to get the dosing pump too. It will all depend on the dimensions of the units
Did you have to pre mix the products or could you buy already mixed in there bottles? I see that there is either option to do so.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:05 AM
Ed Reef Ed Reef 目前離線
ART of Aquascaping

Quote:
Roger... I understand. Was just thinking that the 6105 would be to strong for the return section in the sump and that why I elected for the controllable nano-stream. Anyway it gives options for future upgrades too.

yep, seen Grotech here in HKG at a number of shops. Looking into it now but since I'm interested in the GHL Profilux Controllers I may also elect to get the dosing pump too. It will all depend on the dimensions of the units
Did you have to pre mix the products or could you buy already mixed in there bottles? I see that there is either option to do so.

I prefer to mix my own so I know exactly what goes inside and a lot cheaper too!! For smaller tanks, I usually prefer to do balling but I sold off my Grotech dosing pumps when I upgrade to my 295-g (previous tank) and used Ca Rx instead.

For my existing tank, if I can, I would go back to balling...