zeovit.com Vertex  

Go Back   zeovit.com > Picture Forums > Tank Gallery (All Languages)

Tank Gallery (All Languages) Please share your tank in general/building process etc.

Active Threads
0 Best Zeovit additives for sps???
Last Post: djbrandriff150
Posted On: Today
Replies: 0
Views: 13
0 New tank Elos 160 XL
Last Post: Zuboov's
Replies: 28
Views: 1,724
5 green algae outbreak
Last Post: Gnarkill
Replies: 40
Views: 1,143
0 First time KZ
Last Post: djbrandriff150
Replies: 10
Views: 550
0 Brand new 60 gallon tank for ZeoVit
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 3
Views: 73
0 Zeo-Testbecken
Last Post: Holger83
Replies: 12
Views: 347
0 Problme sur le KH plus liquid
Last Post: patrickscho
Replies: 0
Views: 22
0 changing to full zeo,need some advice and help
Last Post: wangsz
Replies: 26
Views: 668
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 12-13-2018
Replies: 188
Views: 15,393
0 New Zeovit user in Ireland
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 12-13-2018
Replies: 3
Views: 188
More...
Old 09-17-2018, 10:04 AM
blackizzz blackizzz ثeuW
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
It may be the relationship of blue pictures. Does the long-standing coral in the system show good polyp expansion and growth? . Does the coral tissue become lighter? (Its just a feeling that the coral has not been completely released from the tank) and there is no malice. a feeling

Everything is showing Good or great polyp extension I see growth, mostly encrusting, but some tips have grown a little as well.
Tissue is a bit on the light side, yes, which is why I suspect that Im feeding a little bit to little. (Only have 4 fish at the moment, so cant feed too much)

Had low K for a little while, so now dosing K balance, and have been for a little more than a week.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:30 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackizzz View Post
Everything is showing Good or great polyp extension I see growth, mostly encrusting, but some tips have grown a little as well.
Tissue is a bit on the light side, yes, which is why I suspect that Im feeding a little bit to little. (Only have 4 fish at the moment, so cant feed too much)

Had low K for a little while, so now dosing K balance, and have been for a little more than a week.
It sounds pretty good! Look forward to the corals growing up with spectacular views.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:59 AM
blackizzz blackizzz ثeuW
ZEOhead

Quote:
It sounds pretty good! Look forward to the corals growing up with spectacular views.
Thank you, me too Thanks for checking in!
Old 09-17-2018, 12:12 PM
blackizzz blackizzz ثeuW
ZEOhead

A couple of daylight photos taken just now, showing the PE and colors pretty decently

Hyperberry - Gotten a little light-green, and tip coloration isn't showing as much as I'd expect it to.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8027.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	21598

Saskatchewan - Should have light pink tips, can't bright that out no matter the light

Name:	IMG_9822.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	21599

Piranha (This has lost a lot of color, and become much lighter in the colors, also lost some of the "multi-color-look" it should have.)

Name:	IMG_5857.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	21600

Some kind of fuzzy acro, always great PE on this one, night or day.

Name:	IMG_7449.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	21601
Old 09-24-2018, 11:15 AM
blackizzz blackizzz ثeuW
ZEOhead

A little testing done today, overall mostly good, slightly low on Potassium, despite daily dosing of 1.5ml K-Balance.

Sg: 1.0245
Temp: 25.0
pH: 8.1
Alk: 7.5
Ca: 425
Mg: 1320
NO3: 0.50
PO4: 0.018

Measurable but low NO3 and PO4 are just what I want to see, that means I can keep feeding a little bit more to keep corals happy

Maybe someone has an answer for: Can I purposely "overdose" K-balance to raise Potassium? Weekly 10-15% Water changes seems to barely help (KZ Bio Reef salt). Say could I dose 2.5 ml instead and see what happens? Or is there something else I need to dose instead?

Other than above, things look pretty happy, fish are fat and active, PE is great, colors are a bit light (suspected low K+). I see growth, mainly encrusting, not super fast but it's there
Old 09-25-2018, 12:46 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin

From my experience a K+ level of 380 mg works well higher levels do not have additional positive results. If the level is elevated corals usually do not respond negative but I would not recommend to go higher then 400 – 420 mg. It is important to increase the level slowly, to quick changes in the level does cause issues. TN starting from the tips is very common in this case.

G.Alexander
Old 09-25-2018, 02:18 AM
blackizzz blackizzz ثeuW
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
From my experience a K+ level of 380 mg works well higher levels do not have additional positive results. If the level is elevated corals usually do not respond negative but I would not recommend to go higher then 400 420 mg. It is important to increase the level slowly, to quick changes in the level does cause issues. TN starting from the tips is very common in this case.

G.Alexander

K+ is currently at 360, and since I measured it at 370 about a week ago, its still dropping despite dosing K-Balance at the recommended dose. My plan is to dose more, but split over 2 times per day, to counter the drop. This should then slowly bring the K+ up to 380 ish. Is it a terrible idea?
Old 09-25-2018, 04:51 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Hello blackizzz,Indeed, according to my tank, there is no additional positive result for the K+ level of 400 mg, the same as 380 mg. My K+ is currently stable at 380~400, sometimes 390. Never below 370 mg and never above 410. According to your narrative, I think it is no problem to mention K 380 mg. It does not need to be divided twice. (To offset the fall, K+ consumption is not fixed in my tank). Your K+ minimum 360 mg once added to 380 Hawks I think this 20 mg is really no problem. Of course, I can slowly make up to 380 mg. In fact, there is really no difference between the two.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:44 AM
blackizzz blackizzz ثeuW
ZEOhead

Quote:
Hello blackizzz,Indeed, according to my tank, there is no additional positive result for the K+ level of 400 mg, the same as 380 mg. My K+ is currently stable at 380~400, sometimes 390. Never below 370 mg and never above 410. According to your narrative, I think it is no problem to mention K 380 mg. It does not need to be divided twice. (To offset the fall, K+ consumption is not fixed in my tank). Your K+ minimum 360 mg once added to 380 Hawks I think this 20 mg is really no problem. Of course, I can slowly make up to 380 mg. In fact, there is really no difference between the two.

Hi Jacky
Do I understand correctly in that you think adding 1.5ml of K-Balance a day (as on bottle) Will be enough?
Old 09-25-2018, 11:39 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Quote:
Hi Jacky
Do I understand correctly in that you think adding 1.5ml of K-Balance a day (as on bottle) Will be enough?
Hello blackizzz, I think "consumption" & "zeolite replacement" & "coral growth" is not fixed, so I am currently based on the test agent, but after a long time I still can catch a K+ consumption, I don't think you want to stabilize I test water quality almost every day.

Going back to your question, we need to add the test result to the value, and we can't rely on the appearance of the coral.

Don't be confused about a K, try to do it, understand it. I still use the test agent for discrimination (probably understand a trend of consumption).

Forgive me in English, which means: using the test agent to judge is the closest to the correct

This picture (completely without any post-production), K pink, the performance is not bad. This is always maintained at 380 ~ 400 performance, it is OK.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2018-09-25 23.32.41.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	21616  
Old 09-25-2018, 11:58 AM
blackizzz blackizzz ثeuW
ZEOhead

Quote:
Hello blackizzz, I think "consumption" & "zeolite replacement" & "coral growth" is not fixed, so I am currently based on the test agent, but after a long time I still can catch a K+ consumption, I don't think you want to stabilize I test water quality almost every day.

Going back to your question, we need to add the test result to the value, and we can't rely on the appearance of the coral.

Don't be confused about a K, try to do it, understand it. I still use the test agent for discrimination (probably understand a trend of consumption).

Forgive me in English, which means: using the test agent to judge is the closest to the correct

This picture (completely without any post-production), K pink, the performance is not bad. This is always maintained at 380 ~ 400 performance, it is OK.

Like I wrote above, when I tested my K+ yesterday, I found it to be 360 (salifert) which means that I need to (should at least) increase it, hence why I want to increase the dosage of K-balance
Old 09-25-2018, 12:07 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Quote:
Like I wrote above, when I tested my K+ yesterday, I found it to be 360 (salifert) which means that I need to (should at least) increase it, hence why I want to increase the dosage of K-balance
Yes. You tell yourself. Blackizzz, in fact, I really like to talk to you, you give me advice, I give you ideas, enjoy,and thank you. Having said that, I prefer the natural balanced light source. The blue light source. I really can't judge the coral.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:23 PM
blackizzz blackizzz ثeuW
ZEOhead

Quote:
Yes. You tell yourself. Blackizzz, in fact, I really like to talk to you, you give me advice, I give you ideas, enjoy,and thank you. Having said that, I prefer the natural balanced light source. The blue light source. I really can't judge the coral.

Thank you Jacky Thats the best thing about these forums, to try and help eachother

I have my lights set more to the natural-white look during the day as well, only blue at night. Its a nice variation!
Old 09-25-2018, 12:30 PM
blackizzz blackizzz ثeuW
ZEOhead

Since everything has been looking good for a little while and no problems with fish. I decided to try my luck with a potters dwarf angelfish again after finding it at a LFS. It was a complete coward at the store, hiding and running as soon as other fish came close, but it was active, so I thought it might just be the aggressive tank-mates.

It has now been in my tank for 3 hours and is a little easily-frightened, but out and grazing on the rocks hasnt really eaten yet, but thats to be expected!

When my lights come back on tomorrow, Ill post a picture
Old 09-26-2018, 12:35 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin

Quote:
K+ is currently at 360, and since I measured it at 370 about a week ago, its still dropping despite dosing K-Balance at the recommended dose. My plan is to dose more, but split over 2 times per day, to counter the drop. This should then slowly bring the K+ up to 380 ish. Is it a terrible idea?
You can dose K-Balance Standard or Strong more often per day if necessary. Usually 1 ml / 100 liters every two hours so a minimum dosing break of 2 hours between the additions is necessary. My recommendation is to dose 1 ml / 100 liters 2 3 x daily until the level is up to ~ 380 mg.

G.Alexander