zeovit.com Sewatec.de - Reef Supply International  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 New ZeoVit tank
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 15
Views: 222
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Replies: 225
Views: 20,462
0 Day 9 of 14 day Zeocycle
Replies: 8
Views: 162
0 Zeovit - Werte permanent zu niedrig
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 9
Views: 471
0 help with us please
Replies: 10
Views: 363
0 GIVEAWAY: NEW! ME Coral Frag Plugs
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 18
0 40B Reef Journal
Replies: 9
Views: 216
0 Trying to lower Phosphate
Replies: 60
Views: 4,229
0 You Have Till Midnight- 12% OFF Veterans Day SALE
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 11-12-2018
Replies: 0
Views: 62
0 190g SPS tank in Taiwan
Last Post: blackizzz
Posted On: 11-12-2018
Replies: 76
Views: 16,492
More...
Old 04-22-2018, 11:33 PM
SonicRL SonicRL 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default IM Lagoon 25 gallons - Is Zeovit right for me?

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter 25 Gallons
2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter About 20
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique? No
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) ? Running Phosguard on a small IM Media Reactor - about 12 months
5. Are you using Ozone? No
6. Are you using UV? No
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume): Reef Octopus NS80, Nano Skimmer for up to 25 gallons lightly stocked
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels? Ordered a test kit - will get results later this week
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels? Ordered a test kit - will get results later this week
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) ? Bag of Chemi Pure Elite, and Purigen in the media basket
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.)? AI Prime HD running at 80% w/ one hour ramp up and ramp down. total hours of 9 hours
12. What corals do you keep? Mostly Zoas/Ricordias + LPS (frogspawn, hammer, torch, elegance)... really want to start trying SPS but I know I need a lower nutrient tank
13. Tissue color (light or dark)? unknown
14. How long has the tank been running 2.5 years, recently just downsized from an IM Nuvo 30L
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system ? I had success with Vibrant and Bacter Clean M in the past to reduce my algae ultimately I want a better system + something with well known success stories. So basically I want to lower my nitrates/phosphates, reduce algae, reduce cyano, start trying SPS corals
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)? No
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.)? Probably about 15 lbs, 2.5 years old
18. Any present problems ? battling some green hair algae, cyano, diatoms (from the recent move, has to be the new sand since i did a complete replacement)
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) ? Diatoms started appearing in my tank again, never had this for the 2 years with the 30 gallon, I attribute this to the recent housing move + downsize I did
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)? I will be using the red sea tests this week to do Alkalinity, Calcium, etc. and will use a Hanna checker for Phosphates, will research which nitrate test kit to use
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) ? None
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)? 78 degrees, ATO used to make sure my salinity is at a constant 1.026
23. Which salt brand do you use? Red Sea Coral Pro

Other: I upgraded the stock pump to a 300GPH one and I have a Maxspect Gyre XF130, so I can get some serious flow if needed. Would move my LPS into lower flow areas if I get some DPS that needs lottts of flow.

I read some people with Nanos put the zeovit media in a filter bag and just shake that up daily, as opposed to using a reactor. I acknowledge that it would be the route I would have to go if I do this system.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:32 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Hi Sonic RL

A system size of 20 US gallons is very small and it might be a challenge to keep water parameters stabile which is important for a nutrient poor system.

Basically you can use the system but it might be difficult because of the system size.

Please also post the actual PO4 and NO3 water parameters if you have the test kits.

G.Alexander
Old 04-23-2018, 10:45 PM
SonicRL SonicRL 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Hi Sonic RL

A system size of 20 US gallons is very small and it might be a challenge to keep water parameters stabile which is important for a nutrient poor system.

Basically you can use the system but it might be difficult because of the system size.

Please also post the actual PO4 and NO3 water parameters if you have the test kits.

G.Alexander
Sounds good G.Alexander

I went ahead and ordered my test kits, along with the Zeovit starter package from BRS. I figure I'll keep learning/reading and if I take the plunge, I would do so this weekend after checking my PO4/NO3.

If I decide not to go with it, I can easily return it. I'll report back with my PO4/NO3 results
Old 05-01-2018, 03:05 PM
r45t4 r45t4 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Hi any update on this? Starting a nano too soon so would be interested to know how youre progressing!
Old 08-17-2018, 03:22 AM
chaturai chaturai 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

same here .. thinking of build zeovit nano tank