zeovit.com Aquariumspeciality  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Back on Reefing
Last Post: DG
Posted On: Today
Replies: 3
Views: 122
0 Dosing adjustment after 14 day cycle
Last Post: darius
Posted On: Today
Replies: 19
Views: 614
0 PH too low at 7.87?
Last Post: Michal
Posted On: Today
Replies: 2
Views: 76
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 233
Views: 22,535
0 moving from aF back to Zoevit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 77
Views: 5,125
0 macro element dosing
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 4
Views: 210
0 new to zeovit
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 140
Views: 12,690
0 Bonus Buys
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 23
0 a new tank with Zeo system,Some questions
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 12
Views: 320
0 HELP WITH DOSING PLEASE!
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 55
Views: 1,847
More...
  #1  
Old 02-03-2017, 05:08 AM
rainhb rainhb 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: beijing
Posts: 21
Smile How to use a-balance?

Hello!
I find some cyanobacteria at the bottom of some sps or at the side of the tank. It lasted for 3 or 4 months, looks very dirty and becomes more and more.
To solve it, I tried Snow and Cyanoclean for one week; but seems it didn't work.
Then I bought A-Balance. It said initial dosage 50ml/100L. In such case for my 250L tank(with zeovit), is it correct that I should use nearly a half bottle of A-Balance?
Just worry if it would be too much, so I think better to double check. Look forward and thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-03-2017, 06:11 PM
Robbiesreef's Avatar
Robbiesreef Robbiesreef 目前離線
TeamZeoVit
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dublin Ireland
Posts: 1,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainhb View Post
Hello!
I find some cyanobacteria at the bottom of some sps or at the side of the tank. It lasted for 3 or 4 months, looks very dirty and becomes more and more.
To solve it, I tried Snow and Cyanoclean for one week; but seems it didn't work.
Then I bought A-Balance. It said initial dosage 50ml/100L. In such case for my 250L tank(with zeovit), is it correct that I should use nearly a half bottle of A-Balance?
Just worry if it would be too much, so I think better to double check. Look forward and thank you.

Hi rainhb
I had a small outbreak last year and I dosed 50ml/100l then 1mlx100l daily for 10 day and the cyano was gone at day 5 of the dosing then I use to dose I once a week 1mlx100l never had an issue with cyano again after that
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-04-2017, 07:21 AM
rainhb rainhb 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: beijing
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiesreef View Post
Hi rainhb
I had a small outbreak last year and I dosed 50ml/100l then 1mlx100l daily for 10 day and the cyano was gone at day 5 of the dosing then I use to dose I once a week 1mlx100l never had an issue with cyano again after that
Thank you~~~
I'll try tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-04-2017, 06:58 PM
Robbiesreef's Avatar
Robbiesreef Robbiesreef 目前離線
TeamZeoVit
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dublin Ireland
Posts: 1,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainhb View Post
Thank you~~~
I'll try tomorrow.
Let us know how it goes
Also make sure your product water is zero tds
I run two di pods with in line tds when the first one reads 1 I change out both pods just to be on the safe sided
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-04-2017, 07:51 PM
rainhb rainhb 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: beijing
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiesreef View Post
Let us know how it goes
Also make sure your product water is zero tds
I run two di pods with in line tds when the first one reads 1 I change out both pods just to be on the safe sided
Thanks. BTW Tds=6~8,this morning
FYI: actually in August 2015, I added A-Balance to solve cyano but it didn't work. But no zeovit in my tank at that time while it's equipted zeovit for 4 months.
Further quetion is: in the period I add A-Balance, should I stop cv,sp,bak? Should I add snow&cyanoclean at the same time?
Thanks again~~~
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-05-2017, 12:27 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,198
Default

You can continue to dose cv,sp,bac.

You can dose 2 ml CoralSnow mixed with 2 drops CyanoClean / 100 liters additional so for example the mixture in the morning and A-Balance in the evening.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-22-2018, 07:20 PM
chercm's Avatar
chercm chercm 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
You can continue to dose cv,sp,bac.

You can dose 2 ml CoralSnow mixed with 2 drops CyanoClean / 100 liters additional so for example the mixture in the morning and A-Balance in the evening.

G.Alexander
do you dose this every day or alternate days ?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-23-2018, 04:40 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,198
Default

If it is used as a cyano treatment it should be dosed daily, otherwise 1 x weekly.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-23-2018, 08:11 AM
chercm's Avatar
chercm chercm 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
If it is used as a cyano treatment it should be dosed daily, otherwise 1 x weekly.

G.Alexander
so what is the dosage ? 1ml /100l ?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-24-2018, 03:01 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,198
Default

You can find the answer in the quoted post # 7

This is for the mixture of CC and Snow.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-27-2018, 07:37 AM
chercm's Avatar
chercm chercm 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,643
Default

here my situation . i started dosing the a balance - 25l then i stop dosing for 10 days . Cyano kept growing . should i dose another 25 l before dosing the daily dose of 5ml ?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-27-2018, 09:22 AM
chercm's Avatar
chercm chercm 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,643
Default

sorry not 25l but instead 250ml

Quote:
Originally Posted by chercm View Post
here my situation . i started dosing the a balance - 250ml then i stop dosing for 10 days . Cyano kept growing . should i dose another 250ml before dosing the daily dose of 5ml ?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-28-2018, 01:04 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,198
Default

I do not have personal experience with the product but the instructions say to just dose the high initial dosage once followed by 1 ml / 100 liters once weekly.

Usually the Cyanos should disappear within 2 days after the dosage but as this is not the case you might try some alternative treatment additional (CyanoClean / CoralSnow).

Please also check if the quality if your RO water is fine by measuring with a TDS meter. Also check your system if any kind of material does leach unwanted substance like softeners which are common in hoses or other “soft” plastics.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7, Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by ZeoVit.com