zeovit.com Premium Aquatics  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Back on Reefing
Last Post: DG
Posted On: Today
Replies: 3
Views: 122
0 Dosing adjustment after 14 day cycle
Last Post: darius
Replies: 19
Views: 614
0 PH too low at 7.87?
Last Post: Michal
Replies: 2
Views: 76
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 233
Views: 22,536
0 moving from aF back to Zoevit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 77
Views: 5,125
0 macro element dosing
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 4
Views: 210
0 new to zeovit
Replies: 140
Views: 12,690
0 Bonus Buys
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 23
0 a new tank with Zeo system,Some questions
Replies: 12
Views: 320
0 HELP WITH DOSING PLEASE!
Replies: 55
Views: 1,847
More...
Old 10-18-2018, 08:14 PM
daghostryder daghostryder 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default PO4 pegged at .17 will not drop

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter.........150 tank 49g sump
2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter...... Less rock total vol. approx. 170
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique....NO
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)....NO
5. Are you using Ozone....NO
6. Are you using UV.......NO
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume)..........MONZTER SM163 DC INTERNAL PROTEIN SKIMMER
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels po4 .17 Hanna NO3 between 2and 4ppm (reds test)
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels ca 480, Mg1400, All 8.3
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) refugium
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) Radion Pro AP setting PAR 165 in the middle of tank
12. What corals do you keep ALL Zoa/LPS/SPS
13. Tissue color (light or dark) nice color not pastel pale
14. How long has the tank been running 1 year
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system PO4 assistance
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) zero amino and zeo LPS as prescribed
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) 90lbs ?? Pukani bleach bath and let it set for 4 months then fresh water bath for two
18. Any present problems PO4 locked at .17
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) No system is fine
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) Hanna and Redsea switch out routinely
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) Zeostart was 1ml increased to 2 ml still no change in PO4, zero back twice a week 4-5 drops, recently stopped seafood since I dose amino and LPS amino zeovit 1 full bag and then top off. Flow set to 75 have been gradually increasing
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) 35 ppt temp 78-1-78.5
23. Which salt brand do you use HW marine

the system maintained a low to zero PO4 at a flow of 47-54. then I added three fish about a month ago; changed out my zeovit and now I can not get my PO4 below .17. it is pegged there I can overfeed and all and by the next day it is at .17 but no lower. I have tested the chemicals on RODI water and get 0 so my tests are accurate. I tested after dosing amino acids and it was as high as .37 but it always drops.

I have not seen problem with algae and I water change 18 gallons every week.

I do have cheato and have had that in my refugium since day one with no ill effects. in fact because of the cheato I think that was why I was able to keep 0 at a flow rate of 54 but not sure.

NOW I am just confused and have no idea what I am doing wrong. I am looking everyday for brown on the sand to indicate I am overdosing but nothing.

I am a little confused.

HELP!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2018, 12:07 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hello daghostryder, .
@ Your actual PO4 and NO3 levels are how much po4.17 Hannah NO3 is between 2 and 4ppm.
@9. What is your actual Ca, Alk and Mg content? 480, Mg1400, kh 8.3.
@ 21. The current dose, dosage and interval (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) Zeostart increased to 2ml still unchanged PO4, zero back 4-5 drops twice a week, recently stopped seafood because I dose Amino and LPS amino zeovit 1 full bag then top. The flow rate set to 75 is gradually increasing,
@I do have cheato, and this is not the case in my shelter since the first day.
@I am looking for brown on the sand every day to show that I am taking too much but nothing.

Let's start with reducing nutrition.

1. Put 1.5 liters of zeovit into the Zeo reactor. The water flow is approximately 600 liters per hour. The reactor pump was connected to a clock timer and the reactor pump was run for a start time of 3 hours / 3 hours / 3 hours. When shutting down the pump, make sure that the zeolite is not exposed to the air. Clean the materials daily. The zeolite was left in the filter for 4 weeks until the first replacement. This is the first replacement interval and the others may be extended to 6-8 weeks.

2. Place 0.6 liters of activated carbon in a filter bag and place it in a passive stream of water in the oil sump and replace it every 30 days. Rub the carbon every day to keep the surface clean. Most users get the perfect result with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Take 6 drops of ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, 2 to 3 times a week, 6 drops each time. Daily dose of 0.6 ml ZeoStart 2x (morning and evening). They are put into use before the Zeo reactor pump is switched on. Since you already own this product, you will receive an additional 6 drops of Sponge Power per day.

Later you can use other products for coral staining. Adjust your skimmer to keep it moist, keep it clean, and export as much as possible. Add water with salt, change water 5-10% per week, siphon sand, clean. If you prefer, use Zeo Coral Snow 6ml every other day.

The basic water parameters look good and try to stay stable in the following range of New South Wales:

KH 6.5 - 7.5
Ca 400 - 420 mg
Mg 1250 - 1300 mg
K + ~380 mg

For malnourished environments, K + (potassium) seems to be an important factor. I suggest you also get a test kit for this element and post your results.

This is a passage from the KZ guide that does not require "Refugium", phosban reactor, phosphate remover, denitrification reactor, algae/turf scrubber, ozone and UV filters, should be placed before starting the zeovit setup Remove.
Extra algae scubber is not required, but as long as the algae grows it is not a problem with it.
Let us start with the KZ basic 4 balance and see the changes in nutrients.
Can you post more images of tanks for us, thank you

Last edited by jacky; 10-19-2018 at 12:35 AM.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:37 AM
ZEOhead in Training

This is not a new system I have been using the Zeo system for a year now. For the longest time the system has maintained .00 po4.

Q1. The amount is accurate 1.5 of the stones. I will increase Flow Rate to 150 gph- Should I do this gradually?? I am currently at 75-80 gph from 54gph. Also it was explained that the 3 on 3 off was required only for start up. Should I ALWAYS do a 3/3/3??

Q2. I have been using Zeo Carbon for 1 year.

Q3, I will increase my zeobak by 1 drop and decrease my Zeo Start .04. Again I have been using the ZEO system for a year should i start over and dose daily as if i changed the media (stones)??

What do you mean by reducing nutrition??

Thank you for your help.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:02 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Lets increase the reactor flow in two steps over the next 3 or 4 weeks to ~ 150 US gallons per hour continuous flow.

Continue dosing as follows:

ZeoBac – 6 drops every other day
Zeostart – 0.6 ml 2 x daily
SpongePower – 6 drops daily
BioMate – 12 drops every other day

This dosing regimen can be used for some time.

Additional adjust your skimmer to skim wet and clean it daily to export as much as possible.

What exactly does your refugium contain ?

G.Alexander
Old 10-19-2018, 05:04 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I am very sorry for it. The head is knotted. Let us follow the advice given by G.Alexander to increase the reactor flow to a continuous flow of ~150 US gallons per hour in two steps over the next three or four weeks.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:37 AM
ZEOhead in Training

THANKS G.ALEXANDER!!!!!! Jacky its okay. I appreciate the quick response

I never used BioMate it looks very interesting indeed, and stopped using sponge power once I started amino acids, amino acids LPS and coral vitalizer.

While I have you- do i need both amino acids and amino acids LPS or can I get away with just one of those Amino Acids?? I have a mixed reef and the color of my zoas and LPS are awesome so I have been scared to stop lol.

In my sump/refugium I have live rock maybe 30-40 lbs, and cheatomorpha growing by way of a kessil grow light on an alternating light schedule from the main tank. The cheato grows nicely and I am always harvesting at-least once a week. That is where my pods can safely populate without any predators as I have Manderine in the display. I also have strong flow inside the sump to prohibit collection of detritus, but with all the rock in my tank I often see detritus blown out when i do remember to turkey bast clean so thank you for recommending the Biomate.

I will get started on the new improved regime and I will be in touch in a few weeks

THANK YOU ZEO Team!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2018, 10:49 AM
ZEOhead in Training

there are also a few prisoners in the fuge. Emerald crab was caught nibbling on a acro- he was sentenced to jail-without possibility for parole immediately. There are also some snails they spawned in my tank and I just let them be. Outside of that nothing else.

As I read about the biomate it just dawned on me i went sockless in mid-late august- went on vacation and did not want to have them clog. Came back an liked the health of the tank--hence the high flow in the sump area to avoid build up. I am considering 350 micro mesh socks. I floss the water twice a month with original filter socks. But just find the micro life, such as feather dusters populate so much better without the socks and my Blastos seem to really open up.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:10 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

As long as you have a elevated PO4 level I would recommend to stop dosing AminoAcids, you ca use them later if the problem is fixed. If you have LPS corals additional it can make sense to dose both AminoAcid products.

If you use filter socks make sure to clean the regular, daily is the best or every other day.

As long as there just live rock and algae in the refugium I do not see any problem with it, just though you run have anything else in it like a DSB or mud.

G.Alexander