zeovit.com Avast Marine Works  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 A Reef in the Sky
Last Post: Pandy
Posted On: Today
Replies: 919
Views: 314,614
0 Aktivkohle im Fliessbettfilter
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 5
Views: 366
0 switching to zeo system possibly
Replies: 192
Views: 10,656
0 Flatworm stop
Replies: 1
Views: 96
0 New zeovit in France
Replies: 40
Views: 3,514
0 My salty box
Last Post: blackizzz
Replies: 2
Views: 62
0 Algea issue
Last Post: zanclus
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 12
Views: 339
0 House Reefer 525
Last Post: Pandy
Replies: 47
Views: 7,468
0 Easy Lift Magnetic Zeofilter
Last Post: berlin-riff
Replies: 1
Views: 69
0 Considering switching to zeovit tank from redsea
Posted On: 07-17-2018
Replies: 38
Views: 2,569
More...

Old 03-14-2018, 03:35 AM
65GMe 65GMe 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

I purchased the strong version
Old 03-14-2018, 08:58 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Theoretically you can dose up to 14 ml every two hours but I would recommend to dose 14 ml 3 x weekly. Please make sure to allow a minimum dosing break of 2 hours between the additions.

G.Alexander
Old 03-18-2018, 05:43 AM
65GMe 65GMe 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

How long does it usually take to see a reduction in nutrients? I've been running the full zeovit system for about 5 weeks and nutrients are 50+ no3 and .21 po4. I have been doing

Sp 15 drops every other day
Bak 15 drops 2x a week. It currently dosing daily due to stone change
Bm. 20 drops 2x a week
CS. 15 ml 1 x weekly
3 liters zeovit with 300 GPH 24/7

First stone change the po4 rose to .31 but dropped back to .21 after a few days. I can't seem to get no3 lower than 50 and po4 lower than .21. I'm just hoping if I stick with zeovit that will nutrients will grandly decrease overtime. It's costly and I had good results with nutrient reduction simply dosing vodka in the past.

I have also reduced my feeding, roughly a 2x2 cube of lrs frozen daily and half a sheet of nori every other day. This is for 50+ fish, 7-8 of them being tangs on the slightly larger size.

Colors on the acros are decent to okay but I feel they could be a lot better with lower nutrients. I have seen very minimal growth in the last 3 weeks. Only slight basal encrusting. I've also had to turn of my carx several weeks ago. My parameters were rising, I do a 3 gallon a day auto water change with redsea blue bucket. Could the auto water change really supply my tank with enough alk/ca and mg that I don't need my carx? I figure 20+ acro frags would consume more. I haven't had to dose alk/ca in several weeks now and my parameter don't drop at all. Alk is tested every four hours and haven't really dropped at all in several weeks.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:10 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Theoretically you can dose up to 14 ml every two hours but I would recommend to dose 14 ml 3 x weekly. Please make sure to allow a minimum dosing break of 2 hours between the additions.

G.Alexander
Alex what is it that you are speaking of? Sorry it am missing something. What can he dosed 14ml every 2 hours?
Old 03-18-2018, 08:17 PM
65GMe 65GMe 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
Alex what is it that you are speaking of? Sorry it am missing something. What can he dosed 14ml every 2 hours?
He is referring to k-balance strong
Old 03-18-2018, 08:56 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前離線
ZEOhead

Maybe this is a typo,not sure you can dose so much in one day... but will wait for Alex to comment
Old 03-18-2018, 09:50 PM
65GMe 65GMe 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

I don't plan to either way. I'm dosing about 10 ml 3x a week instead. Then I will run ICP test again in a couple weeks.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:21 AM
ZEOadmin

The net water volume of the system is 378 US gallons so K-Balance Strong can be doses @ 1 ml / 25 US gallons which would be 14 ml in one dosage. To increase the level it can be dosed several times a day which is helpful if the level is really low.

G.Alexander
Old 03-19-2018, 02:25 AM
ZEOadmin

I would give the system additional time, your dosing regimen is fine however you can increase BioMate for 28 drops every other day for some time which might be helpful with to slowly decrease nutrients.

How have you controlled nutrients before starting to use ZeoVit ?

G.Alexander
Old 03-19-2018, 01:54 PM
65GMe 65GMe 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
I would give the system additional time, your dosing regimen is fine however you can increase BioMate for 28 drops every other day for some time which might be helpful with to slowly decrease nutrients.

How have you controlled nutrients before starting to use ZeoVit ?

G.Alexander
I was using a pax bellum arid c30 algae reactor which kept no3 at 25 and po4 . 15. It never really grew chaeto so I wanted to switch to zeovit for lower nutrients. I will try increasing biomate dosage.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:26 AM
ZEOadmin

The zeovit quantity you use is less than recommended, maybe another factor.

Please also keep in mind that the reactor flow was recently increased to the recommended flow, another factor which does have a impact.

G.Alexander
Old 03-20-2018, 01:09 PM
65GMe 65GMe 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

I will increase the stones with next stone change if nutrients does not reduce by then in 6 weeks. I would rather go slow and add stones as the system adapts to zeovit then go full strength right away. The last time I tried zeovit a few years ago in my old tank, my sps rtn running the recommended stones and flow rate.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:08 AM
ZEOadmin

If you have doubts you can increase the quantity and the flow step by step alternatively while observing your corals.

G.Alexander
Old 03-24-2018, 11:31 PM
65GMe 65GMe 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Test tonight:

Po4 .25
No3: 100

I tested my new saltwater mix and both po4 and no3 is zero. I've been doing 10 gallons a day automatic water changes to try and lower the nutrients. I only feed once a day and nori every other day.

I'm ready to start trying 20 gallons a day water change to try and lower the nutrients. I recently lost two of my favorite and very expensive gold torches. Brightest gold tentacles with light blue/green tips I've ever seen. The torches losing head cause the polyps to get stuck on my acros killing two of them also, I'm so upset. Two torches and two acros lost in a week. A few hundred dollars down the drain.

Should I try adding nopox or vodka to help bring down nutrients? Doesn't seem like the zeovit stones are doing much and I can't imagine .5 liters more of stone will help that much.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:11 AM
ZEOadmin

I think the main problem was to remove the system you have used before switching to ZeoVit to control nutrients at the same day you have started ZeoVit. ZeoVit does need several weeks to work effective to reduce nutrients so in the meantime the levels increased. The better way to switch over would be keeping the system you have used before for several weeks before removing it.

Anyways that has happen and can not be rolled back.

Main question for me is where the nutrients are coming from ?
Please tell us something more about the fish stocking level and what exactly you are running in your sump for the filtration process.
Just try to find the reason to get it fixed.

G.Alexander