zeovit.com Vertex  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Zeovit - brown bottom
Last Post: jluk
Posted On: Today
Replies: 0
Views: 3
0 Wechsel auf Zeovit - Werte zu hoch
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 3
Views: 68
0 Using Zeolites only, no dosing
Replies: 6
Views: 157
0 new to zeovit
Replies: 17
Views: 773
0 Phosphate in Zeo Life
Replies: 1
Views: 40
0 Increase in PO4 and Nitrates
Replies: 6
Views: 152
0 Growth
Last Post: Dzeo
Replies: 8
Views: 263
0 Planning Things Out
Last Post: ohashimz
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 9
Views: 269
0 New* Zeovit Guide Easy Reefing ENGLISH !
Last Post: ohashimz
Replies: 4
Views: 408
0 A restart
Last Post: blackizzz
Replies: 3
Views: 112
More...

Old 04-14-2018, 09:08 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisevich View Post
last month i used the first time, it was two teaspoons AL99 (they said it can remove ba)+2 teaspoons rowaphos, added step by step. however, i noted some sps bleached within a few days so i removed them completely. the pink mille stopped growing after that, no growing tips. this month, i added another two tea spoon rowa and let it in a few days (i was away ). when i came back i found the some STN, not all of them. some tenius r still ok, but some nice coral just faded.

thanks guys
Did you add all together on a reactor or separated? I do not think you can mix these products together in one system. I suspect maybe you triggered a chemical reaction that added an element to your system that bothered coral. Gfo, al99, rowphos alk sr chemical products that works through a certain chemical reaction to do the function...

If that's what happen you need frequent wc to reduce whatever that is added to your system..
Also did you rinse these products before you used them?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2018, 09:18 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Another data point here, since colors are fading it might be an indication of quick po4 reduction, maybe even down to zero in short time.
You might need to aid coral with some nutrient and reduce reactor flow a bit but carefully so not to increase no3 po4 too quick

Old 04-14-2018, 10:40 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

I can not really see it from the upload water test results a couple of pages back but you have mention that the Al level is high already. I would expect the reason from the Al based absorber you have used. Under different circumstances and within a for saltwater aquarium common PH range they can leach Al. I can not say much about the product as I never used it but if that is the issue, some additional water changes might help if the affected corals are not damaged to much already.

G.Alexander

Last edited by G.Alexander; 04-14-2018 at 11:40 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:06 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
I can not really see it from the upload water test results a couple of pages back but you have mention that the Al level is high already. I would expect the reason from the Al based absorber you have used. Under different circumstances and within a for saltwater aquarium common OH range they can leach Al. I can not say much about the product as I never used it but if that is the issue, some additional water changes might help if the affected corals are not damaged to much already.

G.Alexander
Alex, are you aware of any po4 absorber that is not al based or does not leach? Just wondering if you are aware of a product...

Old 04-14-2018, 11:43 PM
ZEOadmin

I have not really worked with PO4 absorbers but there are basically two different types available, iron based and Al based. What I have said was referring to the Al based absorbers which can be problematic if directly used in saltwater but this might differ from product to product, who knows

G.Alexander
Old 04-15-2018, 12:06 AM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
I have not really worked with PO4 absorbers but there are basically two different types available, iron based and Al based. What I have said was referring to the Al based absorbers which can be problematic if directly used in saltwater but this might differ from product to product, who knows

G.Alexander
That make perfect sense. Regular gfo are iron based and I believe the rowphos which the user used is al based.
Very helpful Alex thank you..always we learn from you
Old 04-15-2018, 02:53 AM
chrisevich chrisevich 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
That make perfect sense. Regular gfo are iron based and I believe the rowphos which the user used is al based.
Very helpful Alex thank you..always we learn from you
i think rowa is iron based, al99 is al based. Al99 must be use in a small water flow to make sure they don't move. I have done some water change recently, see if things can get better or not.

Thanks guys<3
Old 04-15-2018, 02:54 AM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Sorry I mixed it upside down..you are right.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:29 PM
chrisevich chrisevich 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Do u guys think I can dose something else to help the recovery?
Old 04-16-2018, 05:22 AM
ZEOadmin

Not really, stabile parameters are important now and all changes should be done very slow.

G.Alexander