zeovit.com AquaIllumination  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
5 green algae outbreak
Last Post: Gnarkill
Posted On: Today
Replies: 42
Views: 1,207
0 Was ist das ?
Last Post: nano68
Replies: 4
Views: 35
0 100g SPS Tank
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 97
Views: 7,270
0 changing to full zeo,need some advice and help
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 30
Views: 763
0 Brand new 60 gallon tank for ZeoVit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 8
Views: 103
0 Best Zeovit additives for sps???
Replies: 3
Views: 76
0 New tank Elos 160 XL
Replies: 29
Views: 1,765
0 Zeo-Testbecken
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 13
Views: 370
0 First time KZ
Last Post: djbrandriff150
Replies: 10
Views: 562
0 Problème sur le KH plus liquid
Last Post: patrickscho
Replies: 0
Views: 30
More...
Old 11-19-2018, 04:28 AM
smpysw smpysw ¥Ø«eÂ÷½u
ZEOhead in Training

Default a new tank with Zeo system,Some questions

I will build a new tank, it maybe 400L,I read "Initial cycle – just 14 days?" from KZ carefully,but i have sme questions:

1.In 14 days,The filter pump should be switched on and off at an interval of 3 hours, which time can be used the the continuous flow?

2.In 14 days,don't use food7,when can i start the food7?

3.I bought some live rock two months ago,I cleaned them up,put rock into a box with skimmer 、Wave pump,but no light,Can these rocks build a biological system faster?
Old 11-19-2018, 07:34 AM
jacky jacky ¥Ø«eÂ÷½u
ZEOhead

Hello smpysw, welcome to Zeovit

Yes, the 14-day cycle initially established a nitrification system.

Use a 1 liter ZEOvit for a net capacity of 400 liters per liter (100 US gallons), and do not exceed a flow rate of 1 liter per liter of ZEOvit per hour 400 liters (100 US gallons). Make sure to run the reactor at continuous flow. Start your protein separator
3 open 3 off, it should be suitable when the tank saves the animal, the conversion between the systems

2. The old version of Food7, the new version is replaced by Zeo Sponge Power, Zeo Food7 can be used for the second and third stages, coral appearance and health and nutritional supplement adjustment.

No additional nutrient treatment is required for new tank builds

Building biological systems faster - depends on the freshness and quality of the Live rock, and the right amount.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:24 PM
smpysw smpysw ¥Ø«eÂ÷½u
ZEOhead in Training

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Hello smpysw, welcome to Zeovit

Yes, the 14-day cycle initially established a nitrification system.

Use a 1 liter ZEOvit for a net capacity of 400 liters per liter (100 US gallons), and do not exceed a flow rate of 1 liter per liter of ZEOvit per hour 400 liters (100 US gallons). Make sure to run the reactor at continuous flow. Start your protein separator
3 open 3 off, it should be suitable when the tank saves the animal, the conversion between the systems

2. The old version of Food7, the new version is replaced by Zeo Sponge Power, Zeo Food7 can be used for the second and third stages, coral appearance and health and nutritional supplement adjustment.

No additional nutrient treatment is required for new tank builds

Building biological systems faster - depends on the freshness and quality of the Live rock, and the right amount.
hi Jacky,
Thanks for your answer.

For your Answer to the second question,you told me"run the reactor at continuous flow" when a new tank starts running.But i got some information form KZ,page 6
https://cms.korallen-zucht.de/files/..._english-1.pdf

“You should connect the ZEOvit® filter pump to an automatic timer if you have a high nutrient load or during the starting phase of the system. The pump should be switched on and off at an interval of 3 hours (3 hours on, 3 hours off, 3 hours on, 3 hours off,etc.) leading to an alternating environment of aerobic and anaerobic conditions. ”

So,Which suggestion should I use?

G.Alexander,can you give me some suggestions?
Old 11-19-2018, 09:37 PM
smpysw smpysw ¥Ø«eÂ÷½u
ZEOhead in Training

From KZ’s general Guide,it said:"Every switch leads to an increased aspiration of PO4 by the microorganisms/bacteria residing in the material."

I think it means that :3 off 3 on can speed up the consumption of PO4. it's right?
Old 11-19-2018, 10:06 PM
jacky jacky ¥Ø«eÂ÷½u
ZEOhead

This is indeed a puzzle, let us listen to G. How to say, maybe I am wrong.

I'm probably sure that the -3 open 3 switch is used between the systems.

Maybe you are right, because after the first 30 days of zeolite exchange, the corals adapt to health and switch to continuous flow.

This is from the basic message (FAQ), Korallenzucht's initial 14-day cycle

6. Start the ZEOvit® filter and separator
The water tank capacity of 400 liters per liter (100 US gallons) uses 1 liter of ZEOvit®. Do not exceed the flow rate of 1 liter per liter of ZEOvit® 400 liters per hour (100 US gallons) filter. Make sure to run the reactor at continuous flow. Start your protein separator
Old 11-19-2018, 10:23 PM
smpysw smpysw ¥Ø«eÂ÷½u
ZEOhead in Training

Smile

Quote:
This is indeed a puzzle, let us listen to G. How to say, maybe I am wrong.

I'm probably sure that the -3 open 3 switch is used between the systems.

Maybe you are right, because after the first 30 days of zeolite exchange, the corals adapt to health and switch to continuous flow.

This is from the basic message (FAQ), Korallenzucht's initial 14-day cycle

6. Start the ZEOvit® filter and separator
The water tank capacity of 400 liters per liter (100 US gallons) uses 1 liter of ZEOvit®. Do not exceed the flow rate of 1 liter per liter of ZEOvit® 400 liters per hour (100 US gallons) filter. Make sure to run the reactor at continuous flow. Start your protein separator
hi jacky,

I got it, Your message comes from the forum.I got the message form KZ:
https://www.korallen-zucht.de/pages-...t-14-days.html

Day1 point 6
6. Start the ZEOvit® filter and skimmer
Use 1 liter ZEOvit® for each 400 l of water tank volume. Do not exceed flow rate through the filter of 400 l per hour maximum. Start your protein skimmer.

There is no such thing here:“Make sure to run the reactor at continuous flow.”

I think we need G.'s authoritative interpretation。
Old 11-19-2018, 10:52 PM
jacky jacky ¥Ø«eÂ÷½u
ZEOhead

Yes, correct.

My experience is on my tank. For the new 14 days of tank establishment, I did not use the 3 open 3 level measures.

I think the zeolite flow rate is the most important.

In the early stage of the 14th day of the tank, in the case of normal use of the rock rock, there is a residue of PO4 along with the nitrification reaction, and I believe that the elimination of PO4 is mainly from the addition of the composite carbon source (bacterial food), of course, the zeolite also has a certain help
Old 11-20-2018, 03:33 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ¥Ø«eÂ÷½u
ZEOadmin

If you start a fresh system which needs to by cycled first I would recommend you to follow this step by step guide:

http://zeovit.com/forums/showpost.ph...60&postcount=7

Reactor should be continuous flow as Jacky already said.

G.Alexander
Old 11-20-2018, 03:42 AM
smpysw smpysw ¥Ø«eÂ÷½u
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
If you start a fresh system which needs to by cycled first I would recommend you to follow this step by step guide:

http://zeovit.com/forums/showpost.ph...60&postcount=7

Reactor should be continuous flow as Jacky already said.

G.Alexander
THX,G.

I will do that with my new tank,i have a question about Food7.When do I start using it?
Old 11-20-2018, 04:12 AM
jacky jacky ¥Ø«eÂ÷½u
ZEOhead

Hello smpysw, Zeo Food7 I will not use it at the beginning stage, it moisturizes coral and bacterial food. It can be added in the second to third stages (low malnutrition water quality), or occasionally, and fine-tuned with the color of the coral appearance.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:39 AM
smpysw smpysw ¥Ø«eÂ÷½u
ZEOhead in Training

Talking

Quote:
Hello smpysw, Zeo Food7 I will not use it at the beginning stage, it moisturizes coral and bacterial food. It can be added in the second to third stages (low malnutrition water quality), or occasionally, and fine-tuned with the color of the coral appearance.
OK,THX!when i starting a new tank on December,i will ask you and G. a lot of questions,
Old 11-20-2018, 05:05 AM
smpysw smpysw ¥Ø«eÂ÷½u
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
hi Jacky,
I have a other question:a flow rate of 1 liter per liter of ZEOvit per hour 400 liters,if the flow of my filter pump more than that,How do I rebuild the equipment?
Old 11-20-2018, 10:15 AM
jacky jacky ¥Ø«eÂ÷½u
ZEOhead

Choose a Zeo zeolite reactor that is suitable for the amount of tank water. Usually the motor should be able to supply the required ones. The higher-grade Zeo zeolite reactor can usually adjust the flow rate, even with a flow meter.

You also need to consider whether the placement position inside the Sump is incompatible due to the environmental location.

Of course, convenience can also be taken into consideration.