zeovit.com Korallenzucht  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Conversion to Zeo from Bio-Pellets
Last Post: detective_colombo
Posted On: Today
Replies: 34
Views: 2,651
0 How to swich to ZeoVit
Last Post: marcin_c
Replies: 10
Views: 466
0 Low nitrates low Po4
Last Post: tnick
Replies: 2
Views: 42
0 ALK Spike
Last Post: Pnorris11
Replies: 4
Views: 103
0 Converting a 1 yr old tank to Zeovit
Last Post: Vincentwangz
Replies: 21
Views: 1,079
0 Settin up a nano tank whit zeovit...how much flow?
Last Post: Ghiaccio1o
Replies: 3
Views: 58
0 Reef Hommi
Last Post: Hommi
Replies: 134
Views: 10,030
0 What to do by high barium
Last Post: W.vreeswijk
Replies: 22
Views: 1,076
0 My little Clownfish
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 1
Views: 38
10 My new "Texas 210 Gallon"
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 50
Views: 1,652
More...
Old 10-18-2017, 11:19 PM
MohReef MohReef 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default Increase NO3

As mentioned zeostart3 may be a source of NO3, is this also the case for zeofood7. I'm at a point where most of my corals are looking good however a few seem to have STN . As I read it seems Acros does best in conditions where PO4 and NO3 are present in small amounts. In my case PO4 is between 0.03-0.06 Hanna and NO3 seems to be zero silifert ... I will like to get my NO3 to about 5mg/l.. any suggestions are welcomed
Old 10-19-2017, 04:41 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

I have run my reefs for years without any detectable NO3 or PO4 level without a problem but I had a normal fish stocking level and feed them regular so I am sure there was PO4 and NO3 available to the corals just not detectable with the test kits.

Does the STN slowly start from the base ?

G.Alexander
Old 10-19-2017, 07:02 AM
MohReef MohReef 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

it starts at the tip my Alk is at 7.5 (hanna) Ca 430 Mg 1380. as i said i only see the STN on about 4 acros and they are at different levels in the tank so i dont think its too much light that is causing burnt tips...other corals in the tank look good and are growing....i will try to decrease my alk ...maybe closer to 7dkh.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:11 AM
ZEOadmin

Can you tell me the net water volume of your complete system also how much ZeoVit material you use and what exactly the reactor flow is (measured) ?

Also which kind of carbon do you use and how much, do you use it in a reactor ?

Have you increased the K+ level recently or do you use any kind of PO4 absorbers ?

G.Alexander
Old 10-20-2017, 08:49 AM
MohReef MohReef 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

the net volume i approximate is about 90 us gallons,i use about 0.8L of the zeo stones with a flow rate of about 180 litre/hour. i use the zeovit carbon in a bag located in the sump. my K+ is 410 (silifert test kit) i do not use any P04 absorber or other media. on the question of the K+ i have not been dosing that element ...however i have been using the potassium iodide flouride...could that be a source of the elevated K+ ..my Mg is also elevated at 1420 ,i have not been dosing Mg either...the salt i use is the Red sea blue bucket. other elements i dose are xtra 2ml 2x per week, B Balance 1.5ml 2x per week, AAHC 3 drops 3x per week, start3 daily 2 doses of 0.4ml per dose, coral snow 4ml 2x per week zeofood7 3 drops 2xper week, sponge power 3 drops 2x per week and coral vitaliser 4 drops 3x per week.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:23 PM
ZEOadmin

That all sounds good, have you ever cross check salinity with a different, accurate instrument to make sure your is accurate ? I would just check it as the relative high Mg level might be a sign of higher salinity.

Otherwise you already use your ZeoVit reactor with a lower flow, high flow for example can also cause TN but in your case I do not expect this is the problem.

Can you please post pictures of the affected corals ?

G.Alexander