zeovit.com Korallenzucht  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Brand new 60 gallon tank for ZeoVit
Last Post: habutti
Posted On: Today
Replies: 0
Views: 13
0 New tank Elos 160 XL
Last Post: Zuboov's
Replies: 26
Views: 1,624
0 Zeo-Testbecken
Last Post: Holger83
Replies: 10
Views: 294
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 188
Views: 15,260
0 New Zeovit user in Ireland
Replies: 3
Views: 159
5 green algae outbreak
Replies: 39
Views: 1,108
0 changing to full zeo,need some advice and help
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: 12-12-2018
Replies: 25
Views: 600
0 A restart
Replies: 177
Views: 16,691
0 100g SPS Tank
Replies: 95
Views: 7,200
0 Live & Refrigerated Foods - New $7.99 Flat Rate 2 day Air Shipping
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 12-11-2018
Replies: 0
Views: 56
More...
Old 09-07-2018, 03:22 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

You did a great job, one of my ideas. The parameters are very good and continue to stabilize them. K 380~400 is very good. Have you noticed that the corals are brighter and lighter in appearance? The corals look fine. Continue to keep your pace, how to add kz start3 now? Usually entering a low-nutrient environment, coral tissue becomes lighter (white) brighter. I dare not give you advice on this. I think that giving them some time can start to "feed." Sorry, I can't help you. The only thing I can confirm is k at 380~400. Corals are getting better and better.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:03 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

I am with Jacky, I can not see anything unusual with your corals. Can you please measure the flow through your ZeoVit reactor by collecting the water from the reactor outlet for 30 seconds ? Than multiply the volume by 120 and you will get the exact output per hour.

Do you run the reactor with the 3 hour on / off interval ?

Please also post a update of your full dosing regimen.

G.Alexander
Old 09-08-2018, 02:53 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

As G. said, the part of the zeolite flow, there seems to be some nutrients in the picture (green algae on the glass). Zeo start3 dose? (can be slightly increased) What are currently added? The coral has not yet fully adapted to the environment and has not really integrated into the tank (complete stretch extension), but the problem is not big. I don't know if the coral is changing in this 15 days, or it has always been like this. Another possible cause is the accumulation of elements that were previously accumulated, but the coral does seem to start entering another low nutrient salt environment (congratulations). Don't worry about coral starvation at this stage. If it is me, I will do this.
1. Make sure that any parameters are within the level (including SG, not too high 1.023~1.025)
2. Confirm that the zeolite should be in continuous flow & activated carbon
3. Zeo bac (3 drops, 2 times a week, Do not go 3 times),zeo sponge power (3 drops per day),zeo start3 (0.3ml morning/night, 0.6ml a day).
4. Increase or enhance the light (white light)
5. Temporarily stop the other additions
6. Let the time finish changing the coral pattern Time depends on the environment (close attention to the coral, will be adjusted separately).
7. Keep changing the water every week to refresh the balance

Don't worry, corals are really changing, great. Just at the "critical point".

If corals change their performance better afterwards, please remember your own experience and techniques (for low nutrient salts), which is the basis (very important foundation, you can do whatever you want, be handy, fully control). After the feeding and color elements play better and better. Congratulations, you will gain new experience.

Last edited by jacky; 09-08-2018 at 03:14 AM.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:15 AM
decena decena 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Smile Very happy with your help. Thanks G.Alexander, Jacky

I'm very happy with your answer @G.Alexander , @Jacky.

- Flow through Zeovit reactor: 330 liters/hour.
- I run the reactor all day continuously.

Update of full dosing system (net water volume about 300 liters):

kz zeolite 0.75 liters (change every 6-8 weeks) Continuous Flow rate 330 liters/hour
kz carbon 0.3 liters (change every month) Placed in media reactor with flow rate 230 liters/hour.

ZeoStart 0.3 ml morning/night (0.6 ml a day)
ZeoBak 3 drops twice weekly pure
Bio-Mate 6 drops 2 times weekly pure
CyanoClean 6 drop 2 times weekly pure
Sponge Power 3 drops every other day (at night)
Coral Snow 6 ml 2 times weekly pure (in the morning)
Coral Vitalizer 6 drops 2 times weekly (at night)
AAHC 3 drops 2 times weekly (at night)

20 liters (about 7%) weekly water changes (Salinity Aquavitro)

@Jacky, I'll try to answer your questions :

1. My actual SG is 1026. I'll try to reduce it to 1025 (very slowly).
2. Both Zeolite and kz carbon are in continuous flow.
3. I'm dosing 3 drops of Sponge Power every other day. 燙hould I dose daily?
4. I'm thinking about adding T5 zeovit bulbs.
5. OK
6. I don't understand you (please explain me this)
7. OK

Some questions for you guys:

Q1: I use 2xRadion G4 Pro, but there are some shadows. 澧ould I add some zeovit T5 bulbs? What do you suggest me?

Q2: My ORP is normally at 350, but when I do water changes it drops to 290 suddenly. It takes several days to hit 350 again. 澠s It normal?

Q3: Potassium is very high (470). Maybe because of the salt I was using in the past (Vibrant) Should I do something to adjust it?

Q4: I'm going to do an ICP test. I'll post the results here. Any advice?

Q5: What about adding some trace elements? (Eisen, Iodine, Abalance, BBalance, Xtra...?

Thanks for your help! You're really kind.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:56 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I really like your reply very clearly. Zeolite and activated carbon and potion doses are no problem, perfect.

SG-1.026 is not a big problem (not high acceptance). "I take 3 drops of sponge every other day. Should I take it every day?" (No problem, yes).

6. Time to complete the change of coral pattern depends on the environment (close attention to the coral, will be adjusted separately), (sorry for my English, let us ignore it for the time being).

Q1: Increase the white light spectrum x2 or x4.

Q2: ORP I don't think it's so important (coral appearance is more important).

Q3: Change water, reduce SG, zeolite, stop adding potassium, reduce natural phenomenon, replace salt brand).

Q4: I have no experience with ICP. Is it free to test? I think the parameters are tested by myself, and I will know more about the needs of the tank and the changes in the tank, and I will record it myself (I am).

Q5: Great idea, but I don't think it is time. The "foundation" does it well, and I have always stressed that it makes more sense to add in a low-nutrient environment.

The wave should be no problem, looking forward to the new vision of coral brought by new lamps in the future.

I don't know the brand of salt (maybe good?)

Adding a t5 light source is believed to change better (maybe this is the problem) and give tank time. I can't find a reason why it is not good.)

Take a look at G.'s suggestion

Last edited by jacky; 09-08-2018 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:10 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

How does the water in the skimmer collection cup behave, color?

tank temperature ok good
Old 09-08-2018, 01:20 PM
decena decena 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hi Jacky, thanks for answering so fast. All you say is very valuable for me. Don't worry about the English, mine is not very good. I try to do my best.

Questions:

"6. Time to complete the change of coral pattern depends on the environment (close attention to the coral, will be adjusted separately)"

--> I don't understand when you say "coral will be adjusted separately". (Sorry)

Q1. How should I increase white spectrum? All the day? some hours? ....

Q4. ICP is a test that measures almost all the parameters in a laboratory (e.g. Triton, Fauna Marin, Ati....)

Q5. Jacky, if my nitrates and phosphates are at zero. My tank should be considered a low-nutrient environment. Isn't it?

Salt:

The salt I use is Salinity (Aquavitro). Most people here say it's fenomenal. I have no problems with this salt, but maybe there are others better (I don't know). If you think I should change the brand of salt, please tell me.

Lightning:

Some pics of the schedule I'm using now. Please revise it. The name of every picture is the hour of the schedule, it's in order.

Water in the skimmer (after 12 days):

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Timetable.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	21573   Click image for larger version

Name:	08_00.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	21575   Click image for larger version

Name:	10_00.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	21576   Click image for larger version

Name:	10_30.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	21577   Click image for larger version

Name:	11_15.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	21578   Click image for larger version

Name:	12_15.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	21579   Click image for larger version

Name:	14_30.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	21580   Click image for larger version

Name:	18_30.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	21581   Click image for larger version

Name:	21_00.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	21582   Click image for larger version

Name:	22_00.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	21583   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2111.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	21586  
Old 09-08-2018, 06:15 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Thank you for taking the time to put on the picture, skimmer is very good, you can adjust the wet slightly (lowering potassium helps and lower SG helps) bubble is zeo bac, dark brown is zeo AA, skimmer is very good.

6. Please ignore it for a while.

Q1: I have consulted with G. I have been teaching light for most of the time, about 8~10hr, and 1hr blue light before and after. The T5 lamp is about 10000k~14000k (Ati coral plus, Aquablue Special), and the (kz Coral Light Superblue) is a natural balance. I really have no experience in lighting.

Q4: Ok, thank you.

Q5: Yes, that's right. (Roughly)

I don't know much about sea salt (should be good).

Led settings I have no experience.

As nutrients & "reserves" are depleted, the corals become brighter, lighter in appearance & the quantities of the zeo's dosed becomes less. Maybe the same as the initiatation of ZEOvit method. The basic 4 are used to reduce nutrients in a balanced manner.

It is because of the relationship of "reserve".(maybe)

you use live rock,ok.

Let time change all this ,Try T5 lighting.

Green hose next to skimmer will release toxic substances and cause coral tissue to be dull (should be no problem)

Whether the appearance of coral tissue has become lighter, do you feel personally? In addition, which part of the body do you personally think leads to the current phenomenon of coral.

Last edited by jacky; 09-08-2018 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:01 AM
ZEOadmin

Thank you the reactor flow is fine, also the ZeoVit quantity. Your dosing regimen is adequate but the carbon quantity is to high for active flow. I would recommend you to just use 150 ml carbon in your reactor replacing it every 3 weeks.

The potassium level should get balanced over the time if you use a different salt. The decrease of salinity will already bring it down a little bit.

At the moment I would not dose additional trace elements, corals are still have potential to get lighter tissue.

Can not give you a advise with the LED as I never used them but basically some additional T5 bulbs (10k) will not hurt.

G.Alexander
Old 09-16-2018, 06:52 AM
decena decena 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Question Less PE. Very pale tissue

Thanks a lot for your help and your time guys.

@Jacky, I'll change the green hose next to skimmer (thanks for the advice). I don't understand your final question from the last post:

"In addition, which part of the body do you personally think leads to the current phenomenon of coral?" (please explain me this)

@Alexander, thanks for your help. I think my corals are too pale. In fact you can compare this two pics:

JULY 2018:

SEPTEMBER 2018:

Photos were taken under white led light. I think some corals are more pale and less polyp expansion.

Update of full dosing system (net water volume about 300 liters):

kz zeolite 0.75 liters (change every 6-8 weeks) Continuous Flow rate 330 liters/hour
kz carbon 0.15 liters (change every month) Placed in media reactor with flow rate 230 liters/hour.

ZeoStart 0.3 ml morning/night (0.6 ml a day)
ZeoBak 3 drops twice weekly pure
Bio-Mate 6 drops 2 times weekly pure
CyanoClean 6 drop 2 times weekly pure
Sponge Power 3 drops every other day (at night)
Coral Snow 6 ml 2 times weekly pure (in the morning)
Coral Vitalizer 6 drops 2 times weekly (at night)
AAHC 3 drops 2 times weekly (at night)

Reef Fusion 1 y 2 to maintain (Ca, KH, Mg).
20 liters (about 7%) weekly water changes (Salinity Aquavitro)
I don't dose Trace Elements

Biological load:

2 Clown fishes
1 Halichoeres crysus
1 Blue legged hermit
10 trochus histrio
2 lysmata wundermani
1 lysmata debelius
2 Mytrax sculptus

Parameters I measured today:

- Sr 0.00 (Salifert)
- KH 7.3 (Hanna)
- Ca 400 (Salifert)
- Mg 1305 (Salifert)
- K > 470 (Salifert)
- NO3 0.00 (JBL)
- PO4 0.00 (HANNA ULR phosphorus)
- Salinity 34 (Apex) 1026 (Mantis))
- pH 8.2
- Temp 25.7 慢

Questions:

Q1: 燙hould I start dosing trace elements (Sr, I, Fe)? I measured Sr and it is depleted. And corals are pale.
Q2: 燙hould I feed more or increase my biological load? PO4 and NO3 are always undetectable

I took more pics, please visit this dropbox link and give me some advices, please:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/106zcyknb...4rD2tchEa?dl=0

Thanks a lot for your time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0071.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	21592   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0167.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	21593  
Old 09-16-2018, 08:47 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Thank you for the picture. 0.15 liters of kz carbon (replaced monthly) was placed in a media reactor at a flow rate of 230 liters per hour.

" Change the net bag to the sump passively. "

The penultimate picture and the previous comparison show that po4 is lower and good, congratulations on the beautiful water quality.

Carbon
Intended use: nitrate and phosphate removal
Positive results: clearer water
Symptoms of OD: Due to rapid nutrient reduction, the tip of the charred, the coral is pale and the PE is reduced.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:23 AM
ZEOadmin

Some of your corals are indeed have to light tissue. Can you please post a list of the “coloration elements” from korallenzucht you already have ?

What is still weird is the high K+ level, have you already cross check the level with a different test kit ?

G.Alexander
Old 09-17-2018, 06:16 PM
decena decena 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hi Alexander. I have just sent an ICP test to check K+ level and other elements. I will post the results here.

Kz Elements I already have are:

A Balance
B Balance
Pohls Xtra

Kz Eisen
Kz iodide complex
Kz Coral Booster
Kz FlatwormStop
Kz Zeospur Macroelements

@jacky thanks for your help. I changed the carbon flow rate from 230 liters/hour to 50 liters/hour (I will observe the results)

Thanks guys. I am very happy with your help and very grateful to you.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2018, 05:46 AM
ZEOadmin

K+ level would be really interesting, looking forward to the result. In the meantime you can try to dose 3 ml XTra and 3 ml CoralBooster every other day for 10 days.

G.Alexander
Old 09-18-2018, 05:47 AM
decena decena 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks a lot for your help Alexander. I'll post the result as soon as I receive it. Thanks