zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 PO4 pegged at .17 will not drop
Last Post: daghostryder
Posted On: Today
Replies: 0
Views: 8
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 109
Views: 6,933
0 Mein Zeobecken
Replies: 63
Views: 4,759
0 hope to start new tank with zeovit
Replies: 5
Views: 164
0 The Island Reef
Last Post: PmRg
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 159
Views: 28,848
0 100g SPS Tank
Last Post: AG Reefer
Posted On: 10-16-2018
Replies: 20
Views: 1,216
0 Kh plus
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 10-16-2018
Replies: 15
Views: 418
0 Clarisea Gen2 Automatic Filter Roller Unboxing
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 10-15-2018
Replies: 0
Views: 69
0 moving from aF back to Zoevit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 10-15-2018
Replies: 21
Views: 1,433
0 Syds red sea 170
Posted On: 10-14-2018
Replies: 9
Views: 285
More...

Old 08-23-2018, 10:24 AM
decena decena 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Smile Very Helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
You can use the Coral System additional but in much lower quantities if you run the full ZeoVit system. For your system size I would dose as follows for the next couple of weeks:

ZeoStart 0.3 ml 2 x daily
ZeoBak 3 drops twice weekly pure
Bio-Mate 6 drops 2 times weekly pure
CyanoClean 6 drop 2 times weekly pure
Sponge Power 3 drops every other day
Coral Snow 6 ml 2 times weekly pure
Coral Vitalizer 6 drops 2 times weekly
AAHC 3 drops 2 times weekly

Stopd dosing those products temporary:

Coral Booster
FlatWorm Stop
Macro Elements
Eisen

Reduce the dosing quantity of Coral System to 3 ml 2 times weekly, later to 1 time weekly

Also stop dosing the additional coral food at the moment:

Easybooster
Reef Roids

You should notice that SPS coral tissue slowly starts to lighten up while growth does improve.

Please post a update in about 2 or 3 weeks.

G.Alexander
Hello Alexander. Thanks a lot for your help. I've some more doubts:

1. Should BioMate, CyanoClean, Coral Vitalizer and AAHC be dosed at night?

2. What's your opinion about water changes? 5% weekly, 10 % weekly, 3 times 15% in 10 days, ...? Please help me.

3. What about A-Balance, B-Balance and Xtra? My CoralSystem bottles are finished. Should I buy CoralSystem again? OR maybe A-B-Balance and Xtra?

4. Is there any problem if I add Coral Vitalizer and AAHC at night at the same time?

5. When should I dose Coral Snow (morning, midday, night, ...)?

Note: I think my corals are healthy. Good PE. Only detected two problems. A bit of Hair Green Algae and Colors are not as good as I would like.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:27 AM
decena decena 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Hello, thank you for the picture. I like your tank, it's very beautiful. My feeling is that I change the water 3 times in 10 days, 15% each time, the coral can get positive growth and extension PE, maybe try some more light source and balance with T5 white light source. Let's see what G.Alexander said.
Hello jacky. I am happy you like my tank. I have just answered to Alexander, because I have some more doubts.
Old 08-23-2018, 01:42 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Let me try my current experience with kz products to answer your questions (I have no experience with some kz products)

1. Coral Vitalizer and AAHC are basically good corals during day and night use, but I chose to add them at night (good PE. Most corals prey at night. Avoid photosynthesis to nourish algae.

2. Refresh the balance of elemental content and reduce the content of harmful substances.

3. Not quite clear the meaning of the problem.

4. Adding without any problem, the coral performs better and more strongly ( Granular foods with amino acids) (coral selection of different predation methods, hydranth, autotrophic and heterotrophic).

So G.Alexander gave you a great guide, temporarily stop adding those products, (follow the advice is right), resulting in imbalance or excessive lead to dark coral tissue, starting from water quality management, the special features of kz products, for example: Kz bac, start3, coral snow, kz zeolite activated carbon, their properties are different, but most of them are water quality maintenance management.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:13 PM
decena decena 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hi Jacky. You're helping me a lot. I'll try to explain question 3 better:

3.)

- I'm running full zeovit system. (bak, kz carbon, zeolite, coral snow, start3, sponge power, CyanoClean, bio-Mate, Coral vitalizer and AAHC).

- I've just stopped dosing Coral Booster, Flatworm Stop and Macro Elements.

- I think that A-Balance, B-Balance and Xtra are very important products (as I can read in the official zeovit guide and forum). But I have never dosed these products.

- I think that A-Balance, B-Balance and Xtra are very very similar to Coral System. So, if I dose Coral System, I can't dose A-Balance, B-Balance, Xtra. Is it correct? Or Am I wrong?

- So the doubt is: If I continue dosing coral system I will never be able to use AB, BB and Xtra. What's better for my aquarium Coral System or AB, BB and Xtra? Or can all these products be dosed at the same time?

Please solve this doubt, is very important for me.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:21 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Kz coral snow is no problem at all times, because the water quality is clear and the light source penetrates better. Pay attention to the coral's response to light. This is usually not a very serious hazard. The performance of the coral is good. Brush the glass or change the water or mix other kz products. , all the time, so basically can be very good during the day or noon or night.

If you use sand in the tank, vacuum when changing the water. (I think this should not be a serious problem). Kz coral snow can also be a good character for nutrition delivery.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:48 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

What is Coral System? Another system meaning? I probably understand the meaning of your expression. I think the system "feeding part" can be integrated with each other. "Elements" I really don't know if it can be used with the coral system.

Give you a suggestion: you can use a system and product alone to find the reason, maybe xxx brand zeolite causes, maybe xxx brand activated carbon, you begin to suspect that there are too many uncertain factors (I don't know if you understand what I mean),

Give you another suggestion: think about whether the current stage of coral statement is really urgent to use these products for the present.

Maybe I didn't understand your question, try asking G.Alexander
Old 08-23-2018, 03:16 PM
decena decena 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
What is Coral System? Another system meaning? I probably understand the meaning of your expression. I think the system "feeding part" can be integrated with each other. "Elements" I really don't know if it can be used with the coral system.

Give you a suggestion: you can use a system and product alone to find the reason, maybe xxx brand zeolite causes, maybe xxx brand activated carbon, you begin to suspect that there are too many uncertain factors (I don't know if you understand what I mean),

Give you another suggestion: think about whether the current stage of coral statement is really urgent to use these products for the present.

Maybe I didn't understand your question, try asking G.Alexander
Hi Jacky. Coral system is a product from zeovit. There are 4 bottles (trace elements and Amino Acids). You can find it here:

https://www.korallen-zucht.de/en/Sal.../Coral-System/

Its Supposed that if you use Coral system 1 2 3 4, you cant use AB,BB or Xtra.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B6CA6272-BF79-4056-B3CF-D0A631463B8B.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	21488  
Old 08-23-2018, 08:47 PM
JMac JMac 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by decena View Post
Hi Jacky. Coral system is a product from zeovit. There are 4 bottles (trace elements and Amino Acids). You can find it here:

https://www.korallen-zucht.de/en/Sal.../Coral-System/

Its Supposed that if you use Coral system 1 2 3 4, you cant use AB,BB or Xtra.
I believe Coral System 1-4 is for people not running full Zeo
Old 08-24-2018, 02:48 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I am really sorry, I have no experience in using the product. I can't give you advice. Let us try to wait for the experience of other users.
Old 08-24-2018, 03:19 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by decena View Post
Hello Alexander. Thanks a lot for your help. I've some more doubts:

1. Should BioMate, CyanoClean, Coral Vitalizer and AAHC be dosed at night?

2. What's your opinion about water changes? 5% weekly, 10 % weekly, 3 times 15% in 10 days, ...? Please help me.

3. What about A-Balance, B-Balance and Xtra? My CoralSystem bottles are finished. Should I buy CoralSystem again? OR maybe A-B-Balance and Xtra?

4. Is there any problem if I add Coral Vitalizer and AAHC at night at the same time?

5. When should I dose Coral Snow (morning, midday, night, ...)?

Note: I think my corals are healthy. Good PE. Only detected two problems. A bit of Hair Green Algae and Colors are not as good as I would like.
I try to answer your questions as follows:

1. You can dose them whenever you like to.

2. The more growing corals you have the more water changes are necessary to refresh consumed elements in a balanced way. My reefs where stocked very heavy with corals and they where growing well, 10% weekly (ReefersBest) has worked for me fine.

3. At the moment you will not need to dose the additional products, but basically I would recommend to use the alternatives to the corals system you have named if you like to run a 100% ZeoVit system. This recommendation is just from the view of the corals (coloration / growth).

4. You can dose those two products at the same time while night if you like to. Just do not premix them before dosing.

5. Whenever you like to. I have personally dosed in the morning while light where switched off to have a clear view to the tank while the lighting period.

G.Alexander
Old 08-24-2018, 04:57 AM
decena decena 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Smile

Thanks a lot guys. I'm going to follow your advices and I'll post an update in 2 weeks.

@G.Alexander just one question about Coral Vitalizer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post

ZeoStart 0.3 ml 2 x daily
ZeoBak 3 drops twice weekly pure
Bio-Mate 6 drops 2 times weekly pure
CyanoClean 6 drop 2 times weekly pure
Sponge Power 3 drops every other day
Coral Snow 6 ml 2 times weekly pure
Coral Vitalizer 6 drops 2 times weekly
AAHC 3 drops 2 times weekly

G.Alexander
You told me to dose 6 drops 2 times weekly, but the recommended dosage is 1 drop/100 L. My tank y about 320 liters so 3-4 drops.

Is it just a mistake or should I dose 6 drops?

Thanks! And sorry to make so many questions!
Old 08-24-2018, 06:35 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Let me try to answer you, kz potion adjustment has no fixed way to observe the appearance of the coral and adjust, kz cv give 2 times the dose you can observe the changes in coral during this period (I give you homework), unless Is a wrong outrageous digital unit

The opposite of a reverse thinking, which also means the carrying capacity of the tank (slightly deviating from meaning). But this is usually not a problem.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:31 AM
decena decena 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Very interesting jacky. I had always thought that I could not exceed the maximum dose of kz products (I thought “less is better”). Then I will try 6 drops as recommended by Alexander. I will watch the tank, I will take pictures and then ask again. Thank you!!
Old 08-24-2018, 12:37 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

It's hard to say that this is also an interesting place to "adjust" according to the coral appearance & coloring growth situation. "Immediate adjustment" I think there is no problem, "excessive" can also learn the phenomenon of excessive coral or algae. Adjust it back. If you have the above, you can take it with you. This is also the place I am studying now, let us study together.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:06 PM
decena decena 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Okey jacky. I'll try to study and learn with you, but I'm just a beginner .