zeovit.com Sewatec.de - Reef Supply International  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 A restart
Last Post: blackizzz
Posted On: Today
Replies: 176
Views: 16,299
5 green algae outbreak
Last Post: Gnarkill
Replies: 36
Views: 856
0 changing to full zeo,need some advice and help
Last Post: wangsz
Replies: 23
Views: 392
0 New tank Elos 160 XL
Last Post: Zuboov's
Replies: 20
Views: 1,371
0 Zeo Product Dosing
Last Post: scybulski
Replies: 2
Views: 116
0 100g SPS Tank
Last Post: AG Reefer
Replies: 94
Views: 6,851
0 New ZeoVit tank
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 40
Views: 2,002
0 GIVEAWAY: Reef Brite Live Rock Enhance & Reef Enhance
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 1
Views: 136
0 Farbgebung verbessern
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 7
Views: 220
0 GIVEAWAY: NEW! Kessil A360X and Spectral Controller X
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 12-09-2018
Replies: 0
Views: 68
More...
Old 12-13-2017, 06:49 PM
Minichou Minichou 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I'm dosing Amino Acids LPS, Xtra, and Coral Vitalizer a couple of times a week, while dosing Sponge Power every other day as advised. I used to try to spread the dosing of these element throughout the week (like Xtra on one day, Coral Vitalizer on another, and so-on). However, I've gotten lazy and now I dose them all together on the same day. Is there any issues with this or is it important to spread them out from each other?
Old 12-14-2017, 05:35 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

I would not see a problem if you dose them at the same day as long as they are not mixed together before dosing.

G.Alexander
Old 01-19-2018, 08:01 AM
Minichou Minichou 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I'm looking at add Zeofood to my dosing regiment above. How you would you recommend I go about doing that in terms of amount and frequency? Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2018, 12:06 AM
ZEOadmin

If your system runs nutrient poor stabile and the corals tissue has already become lighter while you do not have any algae or cyano issues you can dose 2 drops 2 x weekly additional.

G.Alexander
Old 02-25-2018, 11:56 PM
Minichou Minichou 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I've had my tank stable at:

Alk: 7.5 dKh
Ca: 425 ppm
Mg: 1350 ppm
NO3: 0.25 ppm
PO4: 0

However, my SPS corals were very slow in growth and others seemed to almost struggle to stay healthy. So I decided to bump my Alk up to 8 dKH to see if conditions would improve. In less than 10 days a handful of my SPS suddenly died off (looked like tissue necrosis), and now even my hammer coral seems to be struggling to stay alive. So today I've turned my daily 2-part dosing back down to slowly get the Alk back to 7.5 dKH.

Can you explain why a small 0.5 dKH bump in my Alk can wreak such havoc on my Zeovit system? Should I even consider reducing my Alk below 7.5 dKH. I'm not understanding the biology behind this.

Thanks
Old 02-26-2018, 02:49 AM
ZEOadmin

Not sure how accurate your KH test is, maybe it does give you a low reading already ? Personally I have not seen any negative issues with a KH of 8 but also nothing positive compared to 6.5 or 7.

Have you already checked the K+ level, some bigger water changes might also be helpful to refresh elements in a balanced way but this does not change the situation with the TN, I refer to the leak of coloration and growth.

G.Alexander
Old 03-13-2018, 01:17 AM
Minichou Minichou 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I use a Hanna checker for my Alk, and I've found it to be pretty reliable over the years. My K+ seems stable at 330 pm - I use the auto K+ pellets.

My SPS corals has been on a slow death march for the last 3 months. All my primary parameters has been stable (Alk, Calc, Mg, NO3, PO4, salinity and temp) over this time period. I'm considering reducing or even pulling out my Zeovit system to see if there are any positive impacts on my corals. I want to do this gradually so what would be the best way to go about this? Can I stop using my reactor for the Zeovit stones, while still dosing my same amounts of ZeoStart and ZeoBak?

Thanks
Old 03-13-2018, 03:29 AM
ZEOadmin

K+ level is to low, this can cause issues also.

If you plan to stop using the system reduce the zeovit quantity and dosage also the reactor flow step by step over a couple of weeks. While doing this keep a close eye on nutrients.

If you just like to speed down the nutrient processing reducing the reactor flow is another alternative.

As you have reported issues with SPS corals before you started the system already I am not sure if there is anything else causing those issues.

Can you post a full tank shot, a picture of your sump and some corals pictures ?
Maybe we can see something.

G.Alexander
Old 03-13-2018, 05:07 PM
Minichou Minichou 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Well if you say my K+ is too low, then I should probably elevate this before doing anything drastic like stopping Zeovit. I went through an entire bottle of K-balance early on and got frustrated because it never increase by levels of K+. I just grabbed a bottle of Brightwell Aquatics Potassion-P today (mostly because that was the only K+ supplement my LFS has). I'll give that a try with the goal of getting my K+ levels to 380 ppm, and see if the health of my corals improve over time. I will try to get some pics posted of my corals.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:58 AM
ZEOadmin

Sounds like a good plan. I just like to rule out a low potassium level. Make sure not to increase the level slowly.

G.Alexander
Old 03-14-2018, 11:18 PM
Minichou Minichou 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Here is a shot if my tank and sump

Old 03-14-2018, 11:21 PM
Minichou Minichou 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Most LPS and softies are doing fine. But some corals not doing so well (mostly SPS). These have all been on a gradual decline. Does these look like low potassium driven?

Old 03-15-2018, 04:40 AM
ZEOadmin

Potassium can have such a impact however usually at lower levels as you already have, maybe your test kit is showing you higher readings as they really are.

If the issues are some kind of element related lets do 3 water changes each 20% within 10 days using a well balanced salt. If there is any kind of element imbalance you should quick see a improvement.

G.Alexander
Old 03-15-2018, 10:25 AM
Minichou Minichou 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I've been using NSW. Are you suggesting that I switch over to a salt mix?

I've been dosing my tank twice daily with a potassium to slowly bring my K+ levels back up. My preference to maintain this path is so I would know for sure if it was low K+ levels that has been causing my SPS issues. I'm sure a series of large water changes would be just as effective (if not more so), however, it wouldn't reveal the root issue.

Thoughts?
Old 03-16-2018, 02:47 AM
ZEOadmin

I have never used NSW so I do not have a reference. If I where you I would just try a salt mix while observing the corals. Reduce the exchange quantity to 10% three times within 10 days to give the corals a chance to adopt to the new element concentrations as it will be different to NSW.

G.Alexander