zeovit.com Korallenzucht  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Back on Reefing
Last Post: DG
Posted On: Today
Replies: 3
Views: 122
0 Dosing adjustment after 14 day cycle
Last Post: darius
Replies: 19
Views: 614
0 PH too low at 7.87?
Last Post: Michal
Replies: 2
Views: 76
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 233
Views: 22,536
0 moving from aF back to Zoevit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 77
Views: 5,125
0 macro element dosing
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 4
Views: 210
0 new to zeovit
Replies: 140
Views: 12,690
0 Bonus Buys
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 23
0 a new tank with Zeo system,Some questions
Replies: 12
Views: 320
0 HELP WITH DOSING PLEASE!
Replies: 55
Views: 1,847
More...
Old 08-02-2018, 05:06 PM
Aheidt Aheidt ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Default Mixing Additives for Dosing and Refrigeration

Can you place multiple additives into a doser or drip such as Zeobak, zeostart, amino acids, Pohls xtra, etc.?

I know you have to refrigerate zeobak after opening, do you have to refrigerate the others? If you dont have to refrigerate is it ok to anyways?

Thanks
Old 08-02-2018, 10:30 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aheidt View Post
Can you place multiple additives into a doser or drip such as Zeobak, zeostart, amino acids, Pohls xtra, etc.?

I know you have to refrigerate zeobak after opening, do you have to refrigerate the others? If you dont have to refrigerate is it ok to anyways?

Thanks
I also want to know about this problem, and I also think that some products need to be stirred, for example: snow. I am impressed: bak cv biomate needs to be refrigerated. Not dilute: cv aa bak iron. Diluted water (ultrap water or distilled water can't use ro water) Let's take a look at Alexander's instructions.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:16 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin

Hi Aheidt

[IMG]http://www.zeovit.com/Banners/zeoWelcome_grapeEnglish.jpg[/IMG

Those are the recommendations from the manufacturer:

http://zeovit.com/forums/showpost.ph...33&postcount=4

All other products should be stored at normal room temperature in a dry, dark place.

Mixing some products can be done but it is not optimal to mix them long before dosing them like premixing for a dosing system. Using a dosing system with different channels is the better choice IMO if you do not like to dose manual. Please keep in mind that most products are just dosed 2 – 3 x weekly and the quantity and dosing interval can change from time to time depending to the look of the individual corals.

A product which is dosed daily is ZeoStart, it can be diluted with water to make it easier using the different dosing systems.

G.Alexander
Old 08-03-2018, 04:39 PM
Aheidt Aheidt ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Thank you very much for your response.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:39 AM
maLx maLx ثeu
ZEOhead

Im dilute and dose iodine on a doser and thats probably the only one is do. Im wondering about amino acids, if that can be diluted and dosed on a doser as I dose thst and iodine daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2018, 12:39 AM
ZEOadmin

I have personally not tried but I would not expect that it is any problem.

G.Alexander
Old 08-05-2018, 12:40 AM
maLx maLx ثeu
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
I have personally not tried but I would not expect that it is any problem.

G.Alexander

Cool thanks!

Old 08-05-2018, 06:03 AM
Craig the plumber Craig the plumber ثeuW
ZEOhead in Training

Im interested in this too am planning to set up a doser to add zeostart and k balance at regular intervals daily can this be done? In regards to dosing containers dont these need to be sterile?
Old 08-05-2018, 08:32 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig the plumber View Post
I’m interested in this too am planning to set up a doser to add zeostart and k balance at regular intervals daily can this be done? In regards to dosing containers don’t these need to be sterile?
It is also a good idea to calibrate your feeder before starting to use RODI water. This will avoid wasting the ZeoStart3 solution and risking excessive use of the fuel tank. For dose accuracy, the dose should be calibrated and tested frequently.

The goal is not to introduce bacteria into your solution, which will cause contamination because the bacteria will be taken from the solution and will increase over time. This usually causes the solution to become cloudy. To avoid this, I recommend following the steps below as much as possible.

You will need a container to hold the sealed solution and can withstand temperature sterilization, usually with good glass.

Cook some RODI water and clean the inside of the container, the lid and all the pipes (used to pump the solution into the feeder and tank). Discard this water, do not dry it with a cloth, and do not touch any surfaces to contact the solution. Place the item on a clean or sterile surface to cool naturally.

Bring the required RODI water for your solution. Once at the boiling point, it is removed from the heat and allowed to cool naturally. This may take some time, so you can speed up the process by placing the boiling container in an ice bath (make sure it doesn't pollute your boiling water during this process). You should also cover the water to avoid the so-called "bacterial rain", which is the bacteria in the air that will fall to the surface and contaminate it. It is best to complete the cooling in 30 minutes to reduce the chance of pollution.

Pour the cooled and measured amount of RODI water into your metering container.

A measured amount of ZeoStart3 was added to the RODI water.

The lid and tube were placed on a metering container and the solution was spun for 60 seconds to allow mixing. You can now connect the solution bottle to the metering pump. Adjust the metering pump and deliver the required amount of ZeoStart3 solution twice a day. You can also take it 4 times a day, but considering the use of smaller doses, the accuracy of the dose will be reduced. Most dosers have a dose of at least 1 mL, so consider this when planning your dose and frequency.

The solution will remain mixed without future or continuous mixing. If you have questions, you can rotate it once a week.

I recommend that you check the actual amount of solution that the hose is normally placed on. This should be done regularly to ensure that your feeder is working properly. This can be effectively accomplished by capturing the solution while transporting the solution in a graduated cylinder. If you don't have a graduated cylinder, you can also use a syringe, remove the plunger and insert the hole in which the needle is located

First consider the following mixing ratios.

1:19, ZeoStart3 / RODI water. One part of ZeoStart3 (say, 100 mL) was added to 19 parts of RODI water (such as 1900 mL) to obtain a 2000 mL solution. 0.05 mL of ZeoStart 3 per 1 mL of solution.

E.g
If you want to divide the total amount of ZeoStart3 dose into 0.5 doses per day (0.25mL x 2), you can set your doser twice a day (5mL x 2 = 10mL solution) = 0.5mL ZeoStart3.

1:9, ZeoStart3 / RODI water. Adding 1 part of ZeoStart3 (say 100 mL) to 9 parts of RODI water (such as 900 mL) will give a 1000 mL solution. 0.1 mL of ZeoStart 3 was included per 1 mL of solution.

E.g
If you want a total of 0.5mL of ZeoStart3 dose per day divided into 2 doses (0.25mL x 2), then you will not be able to do this because most feeders can only deliver 1mL and 1mL solution contains 0.1mL ZeoStart3. So this ratio only applies to you adding even numbers per day (eg 0.2 / 0.4 / 0.6 / 0.8 mL, etc.), get it? A ratio of 1:9 is better when a large number of ZeoStart3s with an even number are given. You can take more than 2 times a day to try to equal the amount you take each day, but it will make things more difficult.

As long as you stick to this ratio, you can create any number of solutions. I recommend that you only make the right amount of the container for you at a time. Long-term storage of the solution only increases the risk of contamination.

To properly dim ZeoStart3, follow these steps:

Depending on the accuracy of your feeder (mostly inaccurate), I recommend a 1:19 dilution ratio. You can also use a 1:9 ratio, but if your dose exceeds 5mL per dose, I will only consider this ratio.

It is also a good idea to calibrate your feeder before starting to use RODI water. This will avoid wasting the ZeoStart3 solution and risking excessive use of the fuel tank. For dose accuracy, the dose should be calibrated and tested frequently.

The goal is not to introduce bacteria into your solution, which will cause contamination because the bacteria will be taken from the solution and will increase over time. This usually causes the solution to become cloudy. To avoid this, I recommend following the steps below as much as possible.

You will need a container to hold the sealed solution and can withstand temperature sterilization, usually with good glass.

Cook some RODI water and clean the inside of the container, the lid and all the pipes (used to pump the solution into the feeder and tank). Discard this water, do not dry it with a cloth, and do not touch any surfaces to contact the solution. Place the item on a clean or sterile surface to cool naturally.

Bring the required RODI water for your solution. Once at the boiling point, it is removed from the heat and allowed to cool naturally. This may take some time, so you can speed up the process by placing the boiling container in an ice bath (make sure it doesn't pollute your boiling water during this process). You should also cover the water to avoid the so-called "bacterial rain", which is the bacteria in the air that will fall to the surface and contaminate it. It is best to complete the cooling in 30 minutes to reduce the chance of pollution.

Pour the cooled and measured amount of RODI water into your metering container.

A measured amount of ZeoStart3 was added to the RODI water.

The lid and tube were placed on a metering container and the solution was spun for 60 seconds to allow mixing. You can now connect the solution bottle to the metering pump. Adjust the metering pump and deliver the required amount of ZeoStart3 solution twice a day. You can also take it 4 times a day, but considering the use of smaller doses, the accuracy of the dose will be reduced. Most dosers have a dose of at least 1 mL, so consider this when planning your dose and frequency.

The solution will remain mixed without future or continuous mixing. If you have questions, you can rotate it once a week.

I recommend that you check the actual amount of solution that the hose is normally placed on. This should be done regularly to ensure that your feeder is working properly. This can be effectively accomplished by capturing the solution while transporting the solution in a graduated cylinder. If you do not have a graduated cylinder, you can also use a syringe, remove the plunger and insert the hole in which the needle is located.

Kb can be completed directly by titration No problem
Old 08-05-2018, 08:41 AM
Craig the plumber Craig the plumber ثeuW
ZEOhead in Training

Cant I just drill a hole in the top of the bottle cap and glue some airline in? need to dose 1ml of start a day the dosing pump can do 0.5ml increments 0.5ml twice a day is good for me. K balance I will alter dose to suit the needs of the tank as and when testing tells me to.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:03 AM
ZEOadmin

That should work fine also. To dilute I have used RO water which I boiled, after it had normal room temperature again I used it to dilute.

G.Alexander