zeovit.com Aquariumspeciality  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 moving from aF back to Zoevit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 21
Views: 992
0 Syds red sea 170
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 9
Views: 191
0 Kh plus
Replies: 7
Views: 143
0 A restart
Replies: 118
Views: 10,328
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Replies: 187
Views: 15,378
0 Hilfe..No3 0..Po4 zu hoch
Posted On: 10-13-2018
Replies: 27
Views: 1,155
0 Mein Zeobecken
Replies: 61
Views: 4,483
0 100g SPS Tank
Replies: 19
Views: 974
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Replies: 105
Views: 6,467
0 190g SPS tank in Taiwan
Last Post: shih87
Posted On: 10-12-2018
Replies: 74
Views: 15,472
More...

Old 07-31-2018, 06:39 AM
zanclus zanclus 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
I would recommend to keep the dosage as it is also constantly removing the algae manually. I know this is a lot of work but finally it should decrease their growth more and more. Water parameter are perfect, just missing the K+ level.

G.Alexander
Potassium is 420, should I continue the Coral snow?
Old 07-31-2018, 09:01 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanclus View Post
Potassium is 420, should I continue the Coral snow?
Of course, if you have problems with algae, the utility of snow understands it
Old 08-01-2018, 02:38 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

I would recommend to continue dosing Coral Snow. If the algae growth does decrease you can reduce to every other day.

G.Alexander
Old 08-01-2018, 08:42 AM
zanclus zanclus 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
I would recommend to continue dosing Coral Snow. If the algae growth does decrease you can reduce to every other day.

G.Alexander
Thank you G...
Old 08-05-2018, 10:48 AM
Zuboov's Zuboov's 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:

G.Alexander
Why coral snow help decrease the number of algae?
Old 08-05-2018, 10:52 AM
Zuboov's Zuboov's 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanclus View Post
G. I have finished the 14 day coral snow removed all algae and will change carbon tomorrow. The algae has started to return. I tested water this afternoon and parameters are as follows:
Salinity 35 pot
Cal 420
Alk 7.2
Ph 8.3
Phos. 0
No3 8
Temp 78f
Skimmer is skimming on dry side, foul sludge.
I am starting to dose my zeostart on a 24 hr basis , using the 19:1 formula, 16ml per day, which equates to .8ml a day of your suggestion.
What formula is it?
Old 08-05-2018, 12:22 PM
zanclus zanclus 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

It is just a solution of zeostart and Ro/di water 10 part Ro/di to 1 part zeostart. Makes it easier to spread the dose across a 24 hr period.
Old 08-05-2018, 12:27 PM
zanclus zanclus 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

G.Alexander posted this:

Diluting ZeoStart3 for Automated Dosers by NanoTopia

By diluting ZeoStart3 solution you can more accurately dose smaller amounts of Zeostart3 in an automated way via peristaltic doser. This prevents possible missed doses and improves consistency and delivery of the carbon source to sustain balanced amounts in the system.

I have been using this method for a year with good results.

Consider the following mixing ratios first.

1:19, ZeoStart3/RODI water. 1 part ZeoStart3 (say 100mL) to 19 parts RODI water (say 1900mL) will yield you 2000mL ofsolution. Each 1mL ofsolutionwill contain0.05mL of ZeoStart3.

e.g.
If you wanted to dose a total of 0.5mL per day of ZeoStart3 divided into 2 doses (0.25mL x 2), you would set your doser to deliver 5mL twice a day (5mL x 2 = 10mL of solution) = 0.5mL of ZeoStart3.

1:9, ZeoStart3/RODI water. 1 part ZeoStart3 (say 100mL) to 9 parts RODI water (say 900mL) will yield you 1000mL ofsolution. Each 1mL ofsolutionwill contain0.1mL of ZeoStart3.

e.g.
If you wanted to dose a total of 0.5mL per day of ZeoStart3 divided into 2 doses (0.25mL x 2), you would would not be able to do it because most dosers deliver only 1mL minimum and 1 mL of solution contains 0.1mL of ZeoStart3. So this Ratio only works if you are dosing even numbers daily (like 0.2/0.4/0.6/0.8 mL and so on), get it? The 1:9 ratio is better when dosing larger amounts of ZeoStart3 with even numbers. You could dose more than 2 times daily to try and equal the total amount dosed per day but that just makes thing more difficult.

As long as you stick to the ratio, any amount of solution can be created. I recommend only making the amount that will fit in your dosing container at a time. Prolonged storage of the solution only increases the risk of contamination over time.

To dilute ZeoStart3 properly, follow this:

Depending on the accuracy of your doser (most are not that accurate) I recommend 1:19 ratio for dilution. A 1:9 ratio can also be used but I would only consider this ratio if your dose amounts will be over 5mL per dose.

It is also a good idea to calibrate your doser before beginning with RODI water. This will avoid wasting ZeoStart3 solution and risking overdosing the tank. Dosers should be calibrated and tested frequently for accuracy of dose.

The goal is not to introduce bacteria to your solution, this will cause contamination as the bacteria feed off the solution and multiply over time. This will generally cause the solution to become cloudy. To avoid this I recommend following the below steps as best as possible.

You will need a container to hold the solution that seals and can withstand temperature sterilization, usually glass works well.

Boil some RODI water and wash the inside of the container, lid, and all tubing (used for drawing the solution to the doser and tank.) Discard this water, do not dry with a cloth, do not touch any of the surfaces that will have contact with the solution. Place the items on a clean or sterilized surface to cool naturally.

Boil the required amount of RODI water to be used for your solution. Once at the boiling point remove from heat and allow to cool naturally. This may take some time so you can speed up the process by placing the boiling container in a ice bath (be sure not to contaminate your boiled water in this process). You should also cover the water to avoid what is called "bacterial rain", this is bacteria in the air that will fall to the surface of the water and contaminate it. It is best if you can complete the cooling within 30 minutes time to lower the chance of contamination.

Pour the cooled and measured amount of RODI water into your dosing container.

Add the measured amount of ZeoStart3 to the RODI water.

Place the lid and tube on the dosing container and swirl the solution for 60 seconds to mix it. You are now ready to connect the solution bottle to the dosing pump. Adjust the dosing pump to deliver the desired amount of ZeoStart3solutiontwice a day. You can also dose 4 times a day but consider with a smaller dose delivery amount, the accuracy of the dose will also decrease. Most dosers will dose a minimum of 1mL, consider this when planning your dose amounts and frequency.

The solution will stay mixed without future or continual mixing. You could swirl it once a week if you are in doubt.

I recommend you check the actual amount of solution being delivered as the hose is normally positioned. This should be done on a regular basis just to make sure your doser is working properly. This can be done effectively by catching the solution as it is being delivered in a graduated cylinder. If you don't have a graduated cylinder, you could also use a syringe, remove the plunger and plug the hole where the needle would attach.

Old 08-05-2018, 01:38 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuboov's View Post
Why coral snow help decrease the number of algae?
Coral Snow I use it as a “carrier”. It can be a nutrient delivery. Mixing with bak can usually cure algae problems. It has very fine powder circulation and skimmer, the water quality is more crystal clear, and the skimmer effect is changed. Better. This substance and other compounds can be directly absorbed by corals. Coral Snow contains natural acids and unwanted acids.
Yellowing compound, which prevents slime algae and cyanobacteria, pays attention after use. Clear water quality combined with intense light may make the coral feel stressed (this is usually not a serious problem), with a little attention to the consumption of elements

There are many narratives in the kz guide. It is like a kz encyclopedia. You can read it first. Probably stage water quality treatment, sps feeding, sps color development. For example: Water quality treatment:
ZEOvit (zeolite), ZEObak, ZEOstart3, Sponge Power, Coral Snow, Activated Carbon. SPS feeding:
CV, AA, Sponge Power, SNOW, Coral Booster, FlatwormStop, knowing them will make things even easier

Last edited by jacky; 08-05-2018 at 01:59 PM.