zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 my new thank....
Last Post: blueyedson
Posted On: Today
Replies: 96
Views: 5,767
0 adding Zeovit in stablish tank
Last Post: abalghonaim
Replies: 2
Views: 79
0 stocking a new tank day10 onwards
Last Post: FraysReef
Replies: 0
Views: 33
0 The journey starts 12.09.17
Last Post: FraysReef
Replies: 9
Views: 236
0 Planning new tank - Need advice
Last Post: liostar
Replies: 5
Views: 99
0 New sps tank
Last Post: chrisevich
Replies: 16
Views: 320
9 Negative Effects so far
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 18
Views: 558
0 Red Sea Nano Start-up Help
Replies: 28
Views: 772
0 Zeovit 14 days cycle red sea reefer 250
Replies: 19
Views: 779
0 Zeovit
Replies: 1
Views: 52
More...
Old 08-26-2016, 03:54 PM
pan_Oz pan_Oz 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default Converting current setup to the ZEOvit System

hello everyone!

I want to convert my existing tank to ZEOvit system and would like some guidance in how I can do this.

about my tank

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - 250 liters

2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - 200 liters

3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique -ratz calcium reactor using Korallin media

4. Are you using a PO4 reactor -No

5. Are you using Ozone - No

6. Are you using UV - No

7. What skimmer are you using - Deltec MCE600 ( 400 Ltrs of air per hour rated for 560 ltrs)

8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels - NO3 25ppt (salifert) / PO4 0,1ppm (Hanna Ultra low)

9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels - Ca: 425, Alk: 7 dkh, Mg: 1480

10. What filtration method do you use - last 3 months running aquaforest probiotic method with no success. converted to aquaforest after 7 months of successfuly running prodibio with vodka dosing.

11. Type of light - ATI powemodule 6x24w (considering to change to giesemann infiniti 1x150w MH & 2x24w t5.. your opinion please!!!

12. What corals do you keep - 70% SPS / 30% LPS

13. Tissue color - currently in very bad condition lost many coral from STN and bleaching

14. How long has the tank been running - tank actually running for 2 years now but recently moved to a new house, did 100 water change and since then I'm running bare bottom.

15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system - to stabilize my system & as the most effective way to achieve a colorfull tank.

16. Any supplemental dosing - nothing during last week. Last 3 months full supplements from aquaforest.

17. Live rock - aquaroche ceramic rock, two years old.

18. Any present problems - sps are bleaching and facing STN ..

19. Problem description - before the convertion to aquaforest program I was running colorfull ULNS tank using prodibio products allong with vodka.. nothing was enough and was always looking for better. I gave AF products a try and after the change NO3 gone from 0 to 25 and PO4 from 0.02 to 0.1..
As I mentioned above that was not the only change.. during this time I moved to a new house, remove the substrate and also left the tank unattended for quite long period, dosing occasionally with no water change for about a month.

20. What test kit do you use - Hanna Ultra low for PO4, Salifert for everything else.

21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals - I just bought ZeoBac, Zeostart, Zeovit and activate carbon I also have some spongepower as I used this product in the past.
I m plannig to start with 200ml of zeovit with flow rate of 80 ltrs/ hour.. I know the recommended flow for my case is about 50lts /hour but my pump can't run that low.. is it that bad??
following the quide I will start dosing 2 drops of zeobac daily, and 7 drops of zeostart3 per day .. I'm also thinking of using 1 drop of spongpower daily.. what do you say???

22. Other water parameters and water stability - salinity: 35ppt / temp. 26c.
23. Which salt brand do you use - aquaforest reef salt

Any help I could get to get started would be greatly appricated!!!

Old 08-26-2016, 10:51 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Hi pan Oz

If there is actual a problem with you corals I am not sure if you will be able to get it fixed with just starting ZeoVit. The start will cause changes in your system so if the corals are already stressed they will get stressed even more. I would recommend to get fixed the problem (whatever it is) before starting ZeoVit. Do you have a change to cross check salinity with a different accurate instrument, something I would start with.

If corals are back to normal I would recommend to start as follows:

First start with the basics products to decrease nutrients:

1. Place 0.5 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 200 liters per hour. Connect the reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks. If the corals are still not 100% OK you might use 50% of the material and the reactor flow for the first couple of weeks.

2. Place 0.2 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 2 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 – 3 x weekly dosage of 2 drops. Dose 0.2 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on.

Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 – 10 % with a good salt.

Basic water parameters looking good, try to keep them as stabile as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 – 7.5
Ca 400 – 420 mg
Mg 1250 – 1300 mg
K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also, posting your results.

This is a start-up dosage which might have to be adjusted later.

G.Alexander
Old 08-27-2016, 03:04 AM
pan_Oz pan_Oz 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Hi pan Oz

If there is actual a problem with you corals I am not sure if you will be able to get it fixed with just starting ZeoVit. The start will cause changes in your system so if the corals are already stressed they will get stressed even more. I would recommend to get fixed the problem (whatever it is) before starting ZeoVit. Do you have a change to cross check salinity with a different accurate instrument, something I would start with.

If corals are back to normal I would recommend to start as follows:

First start with the basics products to decrease nutrients:

1. Place 0.5 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 200 liters per hour. Connect the reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 8 weeks. If the corals are still not 100% OK you might use 50% of the material and the reactor flow for the first couple of weeks.

2. Place 0.2 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 2 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 3 x weekly dosage of 2 drops. Dose 0.2 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on.

Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 10 % with a good salt.

Basic water parameters looking good, try to keep them as stabile as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 7.5
Ca 400 420 mg
Mg 1250 1300 mg
K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also, posting your results.

This is a start-up dosage which might have to be adjusted later.

G.Alexander
Alexander, thank you for the welcome and your instant reply!
Its my honor to post and participate in zeovit.com

can you please exlpain me why to use double the recommended dosage of zeolites? accordind to quide, I have to use 330ml for my tank capacity and as for the first weeks 60% of it which means 200ml

and just one more question please
you recommend 0.4ml of zeostart daily (2 dasage of 0.2)..did I understand it correct?
Old 08-27-2016, 10:34 PM
ZEOadmin

It is recommended to use 1 liter of the material for each 400 liters net water volume. In your case the net water volume is 200 liters so 0.5 liters would be the correct amount. If you wish to start slower you can reduce the quantity and the reactor flow if you like to and increase it slowly step by step to the recommended quantity.

You are right with the ZeoStart dosage, 0.2 ml 2 x daily, it is better to split to dosage over the day.

G.Alexander
Old 08-28-2016, 04:32 AM
pan_Oz pan_Oz 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

ok thank u!

I startded dosing yesterday

what I mention is tha zeobac slightly smells like rotten eggs (sulfur).. is that normal?
i thought it doesnt smell at all
Old 08-29-2016, 02:03 AM
ZEOadmin

Usually that is normal if the product is fresh. If there are no slimy particles in the bottle you can use it. Would recommend to store in in the fridge.

G.Alexander
Old 08-30-2016, 12:44 PM
pan_Oz pan_Oz 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

thank you Alexander!

my LFS replaced the bottle and the new one has the same odor.. so I suppose it is normal. there are no slimy particles in it as far as I can see

do you reccomend to start using sponge power in this very early stage?
Old 08-31-2016, 02:09 AM
ZEOadmin

Yes you can use SpongePower additional from the beginning if you already have it, 1 drop / 25 US gallons daily would be a good start.

G.Alexander
Old 09-10-2016, 03:21 PM
pan_Oz pan_Oz 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

So it is been two week already since a started Zeovit

here are my numbers on 28th of August:

Alkalinity: 6.8
Calcium: 385mg/l
Magnesium: 1360mg/l
nitrate: 25mg/l
phosphrate: 0.04

today measuraments

Alkalinity: 7.2
Calcium: 405mg/l
Magnesium: 1420mg/l
nitrate: 25mg/l
phosphrate: 0.034

as you see nitrates are not coming down yet

dosing schedule:
Zeobac, 2 drops daily
ZeoStart, 0.2 ml 2 x daily (total:0.4ml)
SpongePower, 2 drops daily

I use 300ml of zeovit and flow rate is set at 60l/h

what do you think? do I have to use zeobak 3 times per week from now on?
do I have to increase zeovit material or increase the flow rate?

thanks in advance!
Old 09-10-2016, 10:59 PM
ZEOadmin

If your corals are doing fine you can step by step increase the ZeoVit quantity and the reactor flow but make sure to do this slowly.

Lets continue dosing as follows:

Zeobac, 2 drops 3 x weekly
ZeoStart, 0.2 ml 2 x daily (total:0.4ml)
SpongePower, 2 drops daily

G.Alexander
Old 09-11-2016, 12:42 AM
pan_Oz pan_Oz 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

thank u once more Alexander!

increase quantity and flow will help nutrient reduction?
Old 09-12-2016, 02:53 AM
ZEOadmin

Usually it does.

G.Alexander
Old 09-12-2016, 02:33 PM
pan_Oz pan_Oz 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I just rose the quantity of zeovit from 300ml to 400ml and flow rate from 60l/h to 108l/h..
does this sounds good?
Old 09-13-2016, 03:35 AM
ZEOadmin

Just observe your corals in the next couple of days if they respond negative in any way but I would not expect it.

G.Alexander
Old 09-25-2016, 08:20 AM
pan_Oz pan_Oz 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

time for first zeovit exchange !

28 days since I started zeovit and things look better.
the 3-4 corals that survived from catastrophy have no signs of STN or bleaching! Contrariwise, there is good PE and I think that colors are starting to change. Furthermore water looks more crystal clear.

bad thing is that I m battling bubble algae and at the moment I only manually remove it.

schedule so far:

- 400ml zeovit (flow 160 l/h). Now I increased to 500ml and flow to 200 l/h.
the reactor running 3hrs on/ 3hrs off.

- 200ml carbon (first exchange today)

- zeobac 2 drops 3 times a week. From now on and for 10 days I'll do 2 drops daily because of zeovit exchange.

- zeostart 0.2ml x 2 everyday

- spongepower 2 drops daily.

measures for the first 28days:

dKH : 7,3- 7,5 (salifert)
Ca : 405- 430 (salifert)
Mg : 1320- 1420 (salifert)

* I'm waiting my K test one of these days

phosphrates are down and stable between 0.028 and 0.034 (hanna ultra low)
bad thing is that nitrates are stable, too .. around 20-25ppm (salifert)

any suggestions for further moves?
anything to help further with nitrate reduction or help with bubble algae?

thanks in advance!