zeovit.com AquaIllumination  

Go Back   zeovit.com > Picture Forums > Tank Gallery (All Languages)

Tank Gallery (All Languages) Please share your tank in general/building process etc.

Active Threads
0 changing to full zeo,need some advice and help
Last Post: wangsz
Posted On: Today
Replies: 16
Views: 196
0 GIVEAWAY: NEW! Kessil A360X and Spectral Controller X
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 0
Views: 4
0 A restart
Last Post: blackizzz
Replies: 162
Views: 16,019
0 Zeo-Testbecken
Last Post: Holger83
Replies: 2
Views: 34
0 Neues Becken
Last Post: Holger83
Replies: 2
Views: 297
0 Farbgebung verbessern
Last Post: michaelb12
Replies: 6
Views: 136
0 What color is coral snow plus supposed to be
Last Post: markalex
Replies: 1
Views: 117
0 hope to start new tank with zeovit
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 51
Views: 3,176
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 183
Views: 14,462
0 PO4 pegged at .17 will not drop
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 23
Views: 874
More...
Old 06-01-2016, 07:14 PM
Pandy Pandy 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Default House Reefer 525

Hello fellow reefers, and welcome along to my latest tank build.

So where does 'House Reefer 525' come from?

Well, ever since I visited the Maldives on my Honeymoon a few years ago now, I have been hankering for an upgrade from my old 3' (the build is on here somewhere) with the intention of replicating what I found myself mesmerised with whilst snorkelling on the house reef of our island - thats where the House Reef part comes in. Finished off with the tank being a Red Sea Reefer 525. So the amalgamation of the two gets me to a handy build title.

Anyway...

The dream is to recreate (to an extent - its not a biotope) a lagoon reef found just a few kicks of your flippers from the sandy beaches of the Maldives, particularly Vilamendhoo where we stayed.

I have moved all of my fish over from the old tank, and I still have a few LPS from that which I will be moving on in due course. The fish I have added since I started this build, and those I will continue to add, are all variants that can be found in the Maldives. It will be SPS heavy with maybe a few LPS scattered along the bottoms of the rocks, and again with the corals I will try to stick with species that I saw in my time on honeymoon.

The tank itself has been running since just after Christmas, so I'm 5 months in and I really wish I had more to show you!

Only recently have I moved over to the ZEOvit system after initially starting it up using Fauna Marin ZeoLight. The change was mainly down to me nearly shutting down completely and needing to inject a new lease of life into the tank (I know, its only 5 months old as it is ) along with a cyano issue which I was struggling with. I've always looked at ZEOvit as being the pinnacle SPS system so I'm really happy to be living my dream as it were, and I'm finding it much easier than FM anyway! Bonus.

So here is a little run down of the system as it stands, with a few pics of some of the livestock I have in it at present. There will be much more to come of that I can assure you. Once I am past my troubles with it which I nearly am, I'll get onto stocking it up

Tank: Red Sea Reefer 525
Lights: Radion XR30 Gen1 / TIR x3
Pumps: VorTech MP40QD x 2
Return Pump: Vectra M1
Skimmer: Deltec SC-1456
Zeo Reactor: Bubble Magus (piece of crap but does the job)

Please ignore the haziness and emptiness of the tank. It is MUCH better that what it was before I moved over to KZ!

FTS 1-6-16 by Andy, on Flickr

And my precious fish:

Male Timor Wrasse

Skittles 2 10-8-15 by Andy, on Flickr

Female Timor Wrasse

Starburst by Andy, on Flickr

Convict Tang

Convict 1-6-16 by Andy, on Flickr

Longnose Butterfly

Bruce by Andy, on Flickr

Tailspot Blenny

Gary by Andy, on Flickr

Chalk Bass

Chalk Bass 1-6-16 by Andy, on Flickr

Female of my Ocellaris pair

Penny 25-1-15 by Andy, on Flickr

Finally the shyest Wrasse of them all, female Yellow Wrasse

On The Hunt by Andy, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, I'll update soon with some coral pics
Old 06-01-2016, 07:28 PM
D@mien D@mien 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Hello,

Nice presentation and nice setup also. I love your timor wrasses pics ! They are wonderfull ! I am looking forward to see the corals pictures .
Old 06-04-2016, 03:46 PM
Pandy Pandy 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by D@mien View Post
Hello,

Nice presentation and nice setup also. I love your timor wrasses pics ! They are wonderfull ! I am looking forward to see the corals pictures .
Thanks Damien

The Timor wrasse are beautiful fish, the male is such a beast though

Hoping to add some Acros in a few weeks, getting fed up of looking at my lonely Stylo!
Old 06-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Salty_boris Salty_boris 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Looks like the start of what's going to be a great looking system.
Those pics are excellent and particularly like your wrasse 👍
Old 10-22-2016, 05:05 PM
Pandy Pandy 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Well a lot can happen in 5 months

I had real issues with nutrient levels and algae with the reef bones, which was a mix of not having enough, and the bones themselves leaching nutrients constantly.

On top of that I wiped 70% of my fish out with what I believe to be an issue with washing my filter socks in the washing machine

So I took the decision to move my remaining fish and corals into a quarantine tank in the garage, and get on with the task of stripping the tank down, giving it a good clean, and starting again.

I chose to go with Real Reef rock this time around as it's a very clean rock, and it afforded me the opportunity to scale it dry again. Now I'm not keen on the over purple nature of the rock but I had to compromise somewhere - and it's not all that bad under my lighting.

I ditched the Fiji Pink live sand in favour or Carribsea Special Grade Seafloor (which I've had before) and can say that it's been a very wise decision to do that. Not only to avoid Cyanobacteria issues with the live stuff, but I find the Seafloor sand looks more natural and doesn't blow around anywhere near as much.

As ever, I used KZ Reefer's Best to salt the tank, and started the cycle off again as per the guide. And apart from having a massive algae bloom this past week, everything has gone well, it's cycled really quickly, and my levels are looking really good

I had to place my corals out of the QT in the Reefer after day four because they were suffering in the QT, but they have looked great ever since I moved them across. I dipped them in Dettol before transferring and all seemed OK, bar the LPS becoming a bit pee'd off at the dip.

The only terrible picture I have on my Flickr is one before I filled it, but I'll grab some more soon, once the green mist has vanished

House Reefer 525 v3 by Andy, on Flickr
Old 12-21-2016, 04:47 PM
Pandy Pandy 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

A little update on the tank.

It's been running nicely for the past two months, fish have settled in well and getting some nice colour and growth on the couple of SPS pieces I've had in there a while - the pics below will document what I have, plus the new ones I added this week, of which I am already seeing a change in - especially the pink Millipora.

I have some trouble with my pair of Halichoeres Timorensis wrasse in that my female spent so long in the sand when they were in QT that she has started to turn male now she is out and about - much to the dislike of my original male. So I shall be borrowing a fish trap off a friend and removing the changing female :thumb down Last in, First out as they say.

The thing on my mind lately the most is my lighting. I have real concern that the Gen1 Radions won't be able to provide the right light and spread that I need for consistent and uniform growth on my SPS, so it's something at the top of my list once I see how these corals develop.

Hopefully more soon with some new fish additions and more SPS :smokin:

FTS 17-12-16 by Andy, on Flickr

Fish first:

Sid 28-11-16 by Andy, on Flickr

Sid 2 28-11-16 by Andy, on Flickr

Starburst 17-11-16 by Andy, on Flickr

Mr Longpenis 9-11-16 by Andy, on Flickr

SPS that have been in from as long as two months to as little as two weeks:

Green Millepora_ by Andy, on Flickr

Green Millepora TD by Andy, on Flickr

Blue Millepora by Andy, on Flickr

Blue Millepora TD by Andy, on Flickr

Green Stylophora by Andy, on Flickr

Green Stylophora TD by Andy, on Flickr

The new SPS:

Pink Millepora by Andy, on Flickr

Pink Millepora TD by Andy, on Flickr

Yellow Millepora_ by Andy, on Flickr

Yellow Millepora TD by Andy, on Flickr

Red Planet by Andy, on Flickr

Red Planet TD by Andy, on Flickr

Green Tenius by Andy, on Flickr

Green Tenius TD by Andy, on Flickr

Green and Red Millepora_ by Andy, on Flickr

Green and Red Millepora TD by Andy, on Flickr
Old 12-25-2016, 07:51 PM
Pandy Pandy 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Popped over to my LFS on Friday and I couldn't resist but to take two new fish home, all helped by the store owner (also a good friend of mine) giving me a little discount for the holiday season

As ever, only Maldivian or at the least Indian Ocean fish, so I went for an Exquisite Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus Exquisitus) and a Regal Angel (Pygoplites Diacanthus)

They have both settled in well, feeding happily, and have brought so much colour and vibrancy to the tank - very pleased with them

Exquisite Wrasse 25-12-16 by Andy, on Flickr

Regal Angel 25-12-16 by Andy, on Flickr
Old 12-30-2016, 03:54 PM
Pandy Pandy 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

I decided to treat myself to a new Sony A68 as I was finding limits with my old A300. Here is the new guy with my 105mm macro attached, and the 35mm my wife bought me for Christmas waiting for its turn

New camera body by Andy, on Flickr

I've also decided that I'm going to ditch the Radions and replace them with an ATi Powermodule 8x80w in the near future, quite a big step but I really don't think the Gen1 Radions will be able to give me what I want for my tank, even if I did add one or two more.
Old 01-29-2017, 02:02 AM
Pandy Pandy 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Hi folks,

A little update on the tank.

Currently I am suffering with a real bad case of green algae on the glass, thankfully it isn't on the rock work or sand, but it's taking constant cleaning to keep it at bay for only a few hours. Po4 and No3 measure undetectable with Elos HR and Salifert respectively.

My main concern for the cause of this algae are the Radion lights. I'm about done with them and LEDs now, so will be ordering my ATI 8x80w Powermodule early this week - seriously cannot wait!

I've had some average growth (average but very random on some pieces) on my SPS and the new pieces have settled in well and coloured up to some extent so am really looking forward to what a fresh start with T5s will bring. I'm very hopeful that it will be the making of this tank

Here's a few recent pictures of the tank and livestock - really enjoying my new camera.

FTS 1-1-17 by Andy, on Flickr

Sump 1-1-17 by Andy, on Flickr

I had to say goodbye to my female Halichoeres Timorensis as she was turning into a male, and that was really upsetting my established male as he was constantly being forced into the sand by her - it was the right decision as my male is now out and looking amazing as he always does

Starburst Farewell 7-1-17 by Andy, on Flickr

My male back out and looking good

Untitled by Andy, on Flickr

Sid the Scopas

Sid by Andy, on Flickr

In the location where the tank is, through the winter you can catch a nice bit of natural sunlight through the patio doors, so I took advantage of that and grabbed a few pics - I'm much more a lover of whiter light spectrums rather than blue so it's really nice to see the tank in what would be a more natural light - it also really helps with photos as there's so much strong light entering the camera.

Finally on the fish front, an unusual photo of my Valenciennea Longipinnis hanging out mid aquascape, rather that on the sand bed

Finally onto an update on the SPS corals in the tank. Some have improved, some have had a hard time of it - I guess that's the game with some pieces

Green Millepora Top Down 35mm 18-1-17 by Andy, on Flickr

Yellow Millepora Top Down 35mm 18-1-17 by Andy, on Flickr

Green-Red Millepora Top Down 35mm 18-1-17 by Andy, on Flickr

Red Planet Top Down 105mm 18-1-17 by Andy, on Flickr

Pink Millepora Top Down 35mm 18-1-17 by Andy, on Flickr

Blue Millepora Top Down 35mm 18-1-17 by Andy, on Flickr

Tenius Top Down 35mm 18-1-17 by Andy, on Flickr

Had some really nice healing on my Red Planet. This section what were it was cut off from the main colony at one of my LFS, it's healed superbly and it growing nicely from there - considering that's the underside of the coral

Red Planet Growth 18-1-17 by Andy, on Flickr

And finally, I have two nice snails with fancy hair doos - just don't really colour up I'm guessing because they are constantly on the move

Snail Coral 18-1-17 by Andy, on Flickr

Thanks
Old 02-01-2017, 02:25 PM
Pandy Pandy 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

I ordered my ATI Powermodule on Monday through my LFS, which was all very exciting as the distributor is really quick with delivery so it would be here either yesterday or today...

But they don't have the 80w in stock! So it's a 3-4 week wait whilst ATI make it for me

On the plus side at least it gives me time to strengthen the ceiling I guess, and work the wife around on how it'll look.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:36 PM
Bugger Bugger 目前線上
ZEOdabbler

Is that a deltec zeovit reactor I wish I could get my hands on one
Old 02-02-2017, 12:06 AM
Pandy Pandy 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger View Post
Is that a deltec zeovit reactor I wish I could get my hands on one
Yeah it's the ZA-509. I'm just about on the limit for that model and the tank size but it's a great piece of equipment - I'm not sure how I ever coped with my previous Bubble Magus manual filter!
Old 02-06-2017, 01:52 PM
Pandy Pandy 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Picked up a lovely Tenius this weekend, it's lost some colour after a dip but it'll come back around once it's settled.

New Acropora 5-1-17 by Andy, on Flickr

New Acropora Macro 5-1-17 by Andy, on Flickr
Old 02-07-2017, 02:45 AM
Edmond D. Edmond D. 目前線上
ZEOhead

Great pictures Pandy, and great setup.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:35 PM
Pandy Pandy 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond D. View Post
Great pictures Pandy, and great setup.