zeovit.com Korallenzucht  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Alkalinity
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 38
Views: 1,369
0 New KZ reactor with base unglued on new arrival
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 6
Views: 66
0 Vibe questions
Last Post: ohashimz
Replies: 27
Views: 1,694
0 T5 Supplement Radion - Bulb choice
Last Post: Coigula
Replies: 3
Views: 634
0 What size reactor?
Last Post: Chad_P
Replies: 2
Views: 67
0 How to reduce Nitrates
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 08-17-2018
Replies: 11
Views: 403
0 New Public Grade Aquarium-
Replies: 10
Views: 339
0 Switching to zeovit !!HELP
Replies: 2
Views: 141
0 IM Lagoon 25 gallons - Is Zeovit right for me?
Last Post: chaturai
Replies: 4
Views: 515
More...

Old 05-16-2018, 08:07 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Wow ~ beautiful, you're raising much better than me, envy you, may be the relationship between the picture The following is my idea, not correct, confirm the time and np value of zeolite and activated carbon and light lighting, and then confirm the potassium The value, again to ensure the stability of the kh value, the general bottom of the forum peeling for kh shock. With too much zeolite flow coupled with poor water quality, corals are easy to stn, especially when the lights are turned off, it is like unable to obtain nutrient sources and eliminate their own supply of self-demand, a bit like a gecko encounter dangerous and cut off the tail to escape the same . After confirming that there is no problem, I think you need to replenish some coral food, such as kz-cv, kz-AA, kz-xtra. The above is my opinion, not necessarily correct, you can refer to see, of course, still need Alexander Suggestions
Old 05-16-2018, 08:31 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

In addition, kz-bb first paused to add, it can reduce the coral similar, start3 can also reduce po4, maybe you can also change some water to refresh the balance, add some iodine, I get information from the kz guide and discussion on this forum to obtain information, It is enough to supplement normal iodine for 2 times a week, and the number of drops is relative to your water volume. After you supply food and amino acid, you really need a high precision po4 instrument to confirm and confirm the balance between supply and demand. I also think that coral coloration has a lot to do with the po4 value. Of course this is only part of it. The po4 value is about 0~0.03ppm. Too high a coral will darken. The above may not be correct. Sorry, don't be surprised. thank you
Old 05-16-2018, 09:50 AM
Ginkaku Ginkaku 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Wow ~ beautiful, you're raising much better than me, envy you, may be the relationship between the picture The following is my idea, not correct, confirm the time and np value of zeolite and activated carbon and light lighting, and then confirm the potassium The value, again to ensure the stability of the kh value, the general bottom of the forum peeling for kh shock. With too much zeolite flow coupled with poor water quality, corals are easy to stn, especially when the lights are turned off, it is like unable to obtain nutrient sources and eliminate their own supply of self-demand, a bit like a gecko encounter dangerous and cut off the tail to escape the same . After confirming that there is no problem, I think you need to replenish some coral food, such as kz-cv, kz-AA, kz-xtra. The above is my opinion, not necessarily correct, you can refer to see, of course, still need Alexander Suggestions
Thks jacky, i love the way it looks when i first started placing in my sps...bt den, i did dose cv/cs/aa/extra special on daily basis and suddenly all turn out brown...i assume it was due to too much food added into the tank so as of now i have stopped all dosage of food source except bbalance (every 2days),iodide(every 3days) and cs(every 4days) and probably i shud start checking on my po4 levels as i have nvr check since day 1, cuz i have been assuming i barely even had any high lvl of po4 cuz i do not have much brown algae around and cleaning of glass takes place only on the 5th or 6th day.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2018, 11:59 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

1 bag of the material is 1 liters but the weight can differ from bag to bag. If one bag is exactly 1000 gr. the necessary quantity for your system would be 600 gr.

Fish stocking level is fine for the system size.

Lets see what result you will get with a high sensitive PO4 test kit or a photometer.

G.Alexander
Old 05-17-2018, 12:04 AM
Ginkaku Ginkaku 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
1 bag of the material is 1 liters but the weight can differ from bag to bag. If one bag is exactly 1000 gr. the necessary quantity for your system would be 600 gr.

Fish stocking level is fine for the system size.

Lets see what result you will get with a high sensitive PO4 test kit or a photometer.

G.Alexander
Hi Alex,

Noted on that...will be getting po4 test kit over the weekend. Stay tune

Old 05-24-2018, 08:16 AM
Ginkaku Ginkaku 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginkaku View Post
Hi Alex,

Noted on that...will be getting po4 test kit over the weekend. Stay tune

Hi Alex

Got myself a salifert testkit to test on my po4 level..and its 0. I still do get tips burn

As i did the whole param checks this is what i get

Kh - 8dkh

Ca - 420ppm

Mg - 1290ppm

Po4 - 0

Salinity - 1.024

I still do get stn from sps tips..

As of today im dosing

Bak - 2drops/3days

Start - 0.4ml/day (divided to 0.2ml am/pm)

Spongepower - 2drops/2days

No lighten of sps coral, stays brown some sps are doing well (good PE)

Pls advice.

Old 05-25-2018, 03:23 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

My idea is - salifert po4 (transparency) is the basic requirement, if you can see the color, it is too high, and you need a precision instrument to discriminate po4. Strong linear water flow, check the k value, confirm the specific gravity, too low temperature and salinity, bacterial infection, ultraviolet damage, there are several kinds of ions in the water quality conditions are lower than the growth standard, generally anions account for most, and cations lack. It is not easy to cause STN. Like N, P, Si, C, I, Br, F. Parasites, crabs. Poisoning NH3, H2S.
There is a serious lack of light, especially for varieties that require a lot of light, just a little thought.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:26 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Is it a single phenomenon or is it a comprehensive coral, is the activated carbon and zeolite used properly?
Old 05-25-2018, 04:23 AM
ZEOadmin

Do you use any kind of PO4 absorbers or do you have increased the K+ level to quick in the last couple of weeks ?

Which kind of carbon do you use and do you still have the Marinepure blocks in the system ?

G.Alexander
Old 05-25-2018, 04:38 AM
Ginkaku Ginkaku 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Do you use any kind of PO4 absorbers or do you have increased the K+ level to quick in the last couple of weeks ?

Which kind of carbon do you use and do you still have the Marinepure blocks in the system ?

G.Alexander
Hi Alex,

Nope, im not using any sort of po4 absorber. Increase of k+ cud it be due to dosing of potassium iodide? I do dose it at 2drops/4days bt have cease all other dosage. As for carbon, i am using fauna marin activated carbon @ 200grams in a mesh bag, yes i do still have my marine pure in my sump..have not move it since day1 i started the tank.

Old 05-25-2018, 11:32 PM
ZEOadmin

Potassium Iodine does not contain enough K+ to have much of a impact to the systems level so you can rule this out.

The darkening of the corals can have two reasons: elevated nutrients (the test you have used for PO4 is not really accurate or difficult to read within those low levels or to much of elements which can also be related to leaching elements from rocks / filtration material.

I do additional see the problem that the system is still young and you have not used 100% live rock and no sand so there might still be a low biological stability.

Some of the corals you have are also very delicate and difficult to keep.

As you additional see TN I would guess there are some harmful substances leaching from the rocks or the filtration material.

I can not see any kind of a problem with your dosing regimen, ZeoVit quantity and flow are also fine.

This is what I would personally do:

Add a shallow sand bed of aragonite (soaked in RO water very well before using it)
Add a couple of more live rock
Remove the Marine Pure Blocks
Decrease the KH a little bit to ~ 7 7.5

G.Alexander
Old 05-31-2018, 08:51 AM
Ginkaku Ginkaku 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Potassium Iodine does not contain enough K+ to have much of a impact to the systems level so you can rule this out.

The darkening of the corals can have two reasons: elevated nutrients (the test you have used for PO4 is not really accurate or difficult to read within those low levels or to much of elements which can also be related to leaching elements from rocks / filtration material.

I do additional see the problem that the system is still young and you have not used 100% live rock and no sand so there might still be a low biological stability.

Some of the corals you have are also very delicate and difficult to keep.

As you additional see TN I would guess there are some harmful substances leaching from the rocks or the filtration material.

I can not see any kind of a problem with your dosing regimen, ZeoVit quantity and flow are also fine.

This is what I would personally do:

Add a shallow sand bed of aragonite (soaked in RO water very well before using it)
Add a couple of more live rock
Remove the Marine Pure Blocks
Decrease the KH a little bit to ~ 7 7.5

G.Alexander
Hi Alex,

Noted on that. Btw since u stopped dosing so much, tank happen to have green algae not too sure what type of green algae it is..bt its growing pretty much only on a certain bare bottom area..suprisingly,non on the rocks. Do advice wat typenof algae this is?

Old 06-01-2018, 01:54 AM
ZEOadmin

Do you have snails in your system and are they eating the stuff ?

G.Alexander
Old 06-01-2018, 02:28 AM
Ginkaku Ginkaku 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Do you have snails in your system and are they eating the stuff ?

G.Alexander
Hi Alex,

Yes i do, i have abt 12 astrea and too many turbos...dont really notice them feasting on it tho...wat cud cause this algae outbreak? My bulbs are new, i do not have any of such green algaes on my rocks...jus makes me wonder...

Old 06-01-2018, 02:52 AM
ZEOadmin

There are some kind of cyanos looking similar to the ones on the picture alternative it could be just some green algae. Both are completely different also their treatment. Can not see it clear in the pictures what exactly it is.

I would try to remove it manually to see if it grows back first.

G.Alexander