zeovit.com Premium Aquatics  

Go Back   zeovit.com > Equipment Forums > Reactors

Reactors This forum is for ZeovitReaktors/CaCO2 Reaktors etc.

Active Threads
0 House Reefer 525
Last Post: mefisto
Posted On: Today
Replies: 21
Views: 2,607
10 5 feet SPS tank
Last Post: AG Reefer
Replies: 8
Views: 174
0 What is this algae and how to get rid of
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 54
Views: 2,289
0 New guy here looking for help
Replies: 1
Views: 40
0 Cyano Everywhere
Replies: 1
Views: 61
0 converting 105 gallon to zeovit
Replies: 18
Views: 547
0 Starting Zeovit Questions.
Replies: 6
Views: 82
0 A quick question about FLOW
Last Post: Bugger
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 3
Views: 79
0 Sakis Reef 400lt
Last Post: Sakisdraminos
Replies: 23
Views: 2,514
11 0 nitrat a bit worried
Last Post: Patrik
Replies: 19
Views: 575
More...

Old 04-21-2017, 07:36 AM
iiluisii iiluisii 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default Avast vibe

Who uses an avast vibe? And how do you like it?

I just got one and have not hooked it up yet but this thing sounds like an air compressor going off inside the house.

Is that normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2017, 10:39 AM
zebra zebra 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I have one since I started the aquarium in early February. I have it with a timer 1 minute twice a day. The noise is totally normal, it is generated by the motor when it moves the oscillating weight that has underneath. For me, it is a device that perfectly does its job, which frees you a lot from the maintenance of the aquarium. Along with the addiction of Zeostar3 through a peristaltic you get half of the automated work.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:11 PM
iiluisii iiluisii 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
I have one since I started the aquarium in early February. I have it with a timer 1 minute twice a day. The noise is totally normal, it is generated by the motor when it moves the oscillating weight that has underneath. For me, it is a device that perfectly does its job, which frees you a lot from the maintenance of the aquarium. Along with the addiction of Zeostar3 through a peristaltic you get half of the automated work.

Thank you

Old 04-21-2017, 05:53 PM
reeftilldie reeftilldie 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

set it along with diluted zeo start and forget it, been running in my system for a year without problems

Old 04-21-2017, 10:35 PM
iiluisii iiluisii 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeftilldie View Post
set it along with diluted zeo start and forget it, been running in my system for a year without problems

Thank you. Why dilute Zeostart?

Old 04-22-2017, 12:42 AM
P Sherman P Sherman 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I just set up my avast 2L vibe up. I actually made a video on youtube showing mine in operation you can skip to 6:16 into the video to hear mine operate. It is not silent but I would describe it as about as loud as an airbrush compressor not a real air compressor. And I only run it for 60sec and try and time it when no one is around (just left for work/school and just about to return home from work/school). I have actually found it not that annoying but maybe not something to have go off at 3am.

As far as diluting ZEOstart2 I am going to do that to be able to use an automatic doser to dose it twice a day, you dilute it so that you can dose the correct amount. I have a 25gal/100L aquarium which would take about 0.15ml daily dose once nutrient poor and running stable. I can't dose 0.15 with my doser, but if I dilute it to 5% ZEOstart 95% water then I would need to dose 3ml of my solution to introduce 0.15ml of ZEOstart, so I would go with 1ml every 8 hours. Sorry if you already knew that, I am mostly checking my understanding of the process so if I am incorrect then let me know.

By the way I am in the market for a doser is anyone using the GHL Profilux 2.1? any thoughts?

Video on my Avast Vibe 2L:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSkDKsfXRiU&t=18s
Old 04-22-2017, 10:00 PM
iiluisii iiluisii 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Sherman View Post
I just set up my avast 2L vibe up. I actually made a video on youtube showing mine in operation you can skip to 6:16 into the video to hear mine operate. It is not silent but I would describe it as about as loud as an airbrush compressor not a real air compressor. And I only run it for 60sec and try and time it when no one is around (just left for work/school and just about to return home from work/school). I have actually found it not that annoying but maybe not something to have go off at 3am.

As far as diluting ZEOstart2 I am going to do that to be able to use an automatic doser to dose it twice a day, you dilute it so that you can dose the correct amount. I have a 25gal/100L aquarium which would take about 0.15ml daily dose once nutrient poor and running stable. I can't dose 0.15 with my doser, but if I dilute it to 5% ZEOstart 95% water then I would need to dose 3ml of my solution to introduce 0.15ml of ZEOstart, so I would go with 1ml every 8 hours. Sorry if you already knew that, I am mostly checking my understanding of the process so if I am incorrect then let me know.

By the way I am in the market for a doser is anyone using the GHL Profilux 2.1? any thoughts?

I just bought a ghl doser I will let you know when it gets in.

Old 04-22-2017, 10:05 PM
iiluisii iiluisii 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

So going with the rodi tubbing works? I would think you would go with a short section of soft tubbing to prevent vibration into the return pipe

Old 04-23-2017, 08:51 AM
DavidEwen DavidEwen 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiluisii View Post
So going with the rodi tubbing works? I would think you would go with a short section of soft tubbing to prevent vibration into the return pipe

I use soft silicone tubing between the pump and vibe, then again between the vibe and sump. The HDPE tubing that I started with made more noise vibrating against my sump than the vibe made. Once filled with water it's not that loud.

I agree with the others, it sure cuts down maintenance.

Old 04-23-2017, 03:17 PM
P Sherman P Sherman 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Smile

Quote:

In my case I ran it without any tubing just to get a baseline on how loud it was. Then I tried various pads, carpet, silicone hot pad, foam, folded up towel, and I found that the noise was about the same as just using the rubber feet. So then I plugged in the RODI tubing and I did get transfer of vibration to the PVC pipe so I added a strategically placed zip-tie an inch above the gate valve and that seemed to do the trick. I have run it again without the RODI tubing and I can't hear a difference. I may use silicone tubing but I am worried about introducing a new place to form a leak, and the RODI is so easy to use, no leaks, easy to disconnect, clean, replace. It is loud-ish, but again I think that timing it to run when no one is home has been the most effective form of noise suppression I have employed.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:21 PM
P Sherman P Sherman 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Red face

Quote:
I just bought a ghl doser I will let you know when it gets in.

Cool... Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. As far as the silicone tubing on the Vibe that is probably a good idea, I may end up changing mine eventually.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:05 AM
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:

Very nice set up, what is the link to ur YouTube channel?

Old 04-24-2017, 07:44 PM
P Sherman P Sherman 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Very nice set up, what is the link to ur YouTube channel?

Thanks! I think the videos are kinda (too) detailed but when I was researching how to design my setup I often found I needed more info to understand how things worked and how I could apply it to my system. Hope they are helpful!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrB...4I9PP020e5TGpg
Old 04-25-2017, 11:56 AM
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Cool... Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. As far as the silicone tubing on the Vibe that is probably a good idea, I may end up changing mine eventually.

I'm thinking of swap the output but the output fitting is 3/4 and ro di is 1/2, how did u get the same diameter?

Old 04-25-2017, 08:31 PM
P Sherman P Sherman 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
I'm thinking of swap the output but the output fitting is 3/4 and ro di is 1/2, how did u get the same diameter?

Hmmm... I am not sure if your vibe is any different but I used 1⁄2" Male NPT x 1⁄2" Push Connect (SKU: 100003) $3.49 from BRS and it fit the threads in the lid of my Avast Vibe perfectly then I just used White RODI. I will say that I am seriously looking into how to incorporate some silicone tubing into the design to absorb some of the vibration. But I love how clean and easy the RODI tubing is to work with
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/mur-l...h-connect.html