zeovit.com Sewatec.de - Reef Supply International  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 changing to full zeo,need some advice and help
Last Post: wangsz
Posted On: Today
Replies: 21
Views: 269
0 A restart
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 163
Views: 16,044
0 Farbgebung verbessern
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 7
Views: 154
0 GIVEAWAY: NEW! Kessil A360X and Spectral Controller X
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 16
0 Zeo-Testbecken
Last Post: Holger83
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 2
Views: 52
0 Neues Becken
Last Post: Holger83
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 2
Views: 321
0 What color is coral snow plus supposed to be
Last Post: markalex
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 1
Views: 120
0 hope to start new tank with zeovit
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 51
Views: 3,225
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 183
Views: 14,496
0 PO4 pegged at .17 will not drop
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 23
Views: 901
More...
  #91  
Old 12-04-2017, 06:20 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,242
Default

Thank you lets try to dose 4 ml B-Balance daily for one week, usually the tissue should get lighter from it again, also reduce XTra to 2 ml 2 x weekly for one week. Please update in about 10 days.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 12-08-2017, 07:07 PM
chrisevich chrisevich 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: 英国
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Thank you lets try to dose 4 ml B-Balance daily for one week, usually the tissue should get lighter from it again, also reduce XTra to 2 ml 2 x weekly for one week. Please update in about 10 days.

G.Alexander
hey Alexander,

I noted some unusual thing of my coral. Two of my coral show some wired thing. the first is, my strawberry shortcake got brown in one day and there are some white spots (they dont move) on the colony. It is not AFEW or any other pest i think because I dipped it and nothing dropped off. Also i did not note any bite mark or tissue dmg. Today the white spots become more but i checked again and still cant find any pest. The whole coral looks very dry (or tissue is very thin, hard to describe that).

Another sps showed the similar problem but no white spots, which has died today. it was so good in the last three months. Suddenly it just closed and become brown. i noted the tissue has gone and it looks like infection. But there is nothing in my tank will attack it.

I dont think the dosing plan caused that because those problems happened before we try this new dosing plan.

and I only changed light from 35% to 45% three weeks ago. All water parameters are in the normal range.

Now i am suspecting they are poisoned by the leather coral i added two weeks ago. before i added it, the tank was great. but the toadstool is only 3 cm.

i will post the white spots of my strawberry shortcake.

Thanks for any suggestion and comments.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 12-08-2017, 07:10 PM
chrisevich chrisevich 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: 英国
Posts: 184
Default

you can see there are some white things on the coral.

Don't know which part is wrong in my tank.

All parameters r stable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8129.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	20439   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8130.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	20440   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8131.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	20441  
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 12-09-2017, 12:24 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,242
Default

The white spots look like any kind of bite marks. Have you noticed the issues with the corals tissue getting darker before you have changed the lighting setup ?

Do you use any kind of a new carbon ?

Please also post a list of the fish you have.

I do not think that a 3 cm leather coral does cause any issues.

Also measure and post the actual reactor flow and your complete dosing regimen.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 12-09-2017, 08:34 AM
chrisevich chrisevich 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: 英国
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
The white spots look like any kind of bite marks. Have you noticed the issues with the corals tissue getting darker before you have changed the lighting setup ?

Do you use any kind of a new carbon ?

Please also post a list of the fish you have.

I do not think that a 3 cm leather coral does cause any issues.

Also measure and post the actual reactor flow and your complete dosing regimen.

G.Alexander
I only use KZ carbon. I got two anthias two tangs. (Guess that's too less in 400l tank)

I think I found the reason. The ph was incredible low. In the winter we haven't opened the window of our balcony for a long time. And the ph after a whole day light was only7.7. I will observe is there any improvement in the next couple days
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 12-10-2017, 12:13 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,242
Default

The PH is low but I expect it is not the problem. Have you painted anything in the room or have you used any kind of solvents ?

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 12-10-2017, 05:23 AM
chrisevich chrisevich 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: 英国
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
The PH is low but I expect it is not the problem. Have you painted anything in the room or have you used any kind of solvents ?

G.Alexander
No .me and my flatmate never use any air fresher in the living room. Because our living room is together with the kitchen. Is that a problem? But it was ok in the past three monthes
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 12-10-2017, 05:54 AM
chrisevich chrisevich 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: 英国
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisevich View Post
No .me and my flatmate never use any air fresher in the living room. Because our living room is together with the kitchen. Is that a problem? But it was ok in the past three monthes
i think in that case all coral will die. But some of my coral r still happy, opens very well and grows quickly
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 12-10-2017, 07:25 PM
chrisevich chrisevich 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: 英国
Posts: 184
Default

i think I'm going to lose this SSC. The white thing gets worse. Any one saw this before?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8202.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	20446  
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 12-11-2017, 03:02 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,242
Default

I would never use any kind of air fresher in the same room as the tank. You can never be sure which substances are soaked into the tank with the skimmer.

If other corals are doing fine I would do a 15% water change and replace the carbon now. You can also dose 2 ml CoralSnow / 25 US gallons daily for one week.

I am still not sure what has caused the damage. If critters are the reason you can try to see them while the night with a flashlight.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 12-12-2017, 07:41 PM
chrisevich chrisevich 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: 英国
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
I would never use any kind of air fresher in the same room as the tank. You can never be sure which substances are soaked into the tank with the skimmer.

If other corals are doing fine I would do a 15% water change and replace the carbon now. You can also dose 2 ml CoralSnow / 25 US gallons daily for one week.

I am still not sure what has caused the damage. If critters are the reason you can try to see them while the night with a flashlight.

G.Alexander
hey Alexander,

After sent away my leather coral seems poly opens better.

Here is a update of 10 days b-balance daily.
I can see some of them are lighter, but overall there is no obvious change.

The full dosing plan is:
Bak 4drops 2* per week
Sponge power 4 drops daily
Start 0.4ml twice a day
CV 4 drops every three days.
Xtra 2 ml every three days.
CS 2ml daily
B-b 4ml daily.

I'm really grateful for ur support
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 12-12-2017, 07:43 PM
chrisevich chrisevich 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: 英国
Posts: 184
Default

In each of them, the first one was taken 10 days ago and the second one is taken today. The last one is overall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	94528378-D406-4674-A02B-93052A65CDED.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	20447   Click image for larger version

Name:	0242BE89-7AEF-4F23-9924-E1A5EDEDFC0E.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	20448   Click image for larger version

Name:	DDE789B0-5EB8-49AA-90BC-2A98867C2953.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	20449   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8237.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	20450  
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 12-13-2017, 03:51 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,242
Default

Are you pleased with the corals or do you like to change anything ? If yes please try to describe the change you like to see.

Basically your dosing regimen is fine but I would not cut back with B-Balance to 2 – 3 x weekly again if you do not see improvement from the daily dosage.

Please also post a list of all the products from korallenzucht you already have.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 12-13-2017, 04:47 AM
chrisevich chrisevich 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: 英国
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Are you pleased with the corals or do you like to change anything ? If yes please try to describe the change you like to see.

Basically your dosing regimen is fine but I would not cut back with B-Balance to 2 3 x weekly again if you do not see improvement from the daily dosage.

Please also post a list of all the products from korallenzucht you already have.

G.Alexander
hey, currently i noted that the light color coral becomes lighter, and the rest seems dont have obvious change.

the products i have :
Bak/ Start/ sponge power/ Zeozym/ biomate/ K-B/ K-BS/ B-B/ CV/ AcroGlow/ Xtra/ Xtra special/ AA/ Spur2/ Coral booster/ Coral Snow/

if there is any other products i may need, just let me know.

thanks
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 12-14-2017, 05:09 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,242
Default

Lets try to cut down for B-Balance and dose additional:

2 ml Coral Booster
2 drops AAHC
2 ml XTra Special

Every other day for one week.

This should usually darken the corals a little bit and improve coloration and growth.

Keep the rest of the dosage as it is.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7, Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by ZeoVit.com