zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Dosing adjustment after 14 day cycle
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 17
Views: 473
0 new to zeovit
Replies: 136
Views: 12,419
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Replies: 230
Views: 22,150
0 a new tank with Zeo system,Some questions
Replies: 12
Views: 280
0 HELP WITH DOSING PLEASE!
Replies: 55
Views: 1,700
0 macro element dosing
Last Post: Meir
Replies: 3
Views: 147
0 moving from aF back to Zoevit
Last Post: chercm
Replies: 74
Views: 4,881
0 Day 9 of 14 day Zeocycle
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 16
Views: 440
0 Back on Reefing
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 2
Views: 99
0 Featured Tank . Richard Wagemaker (xixau) - Central Coast - Australia
Last Post: ComFi
Replies: 39
Views: 28,048
More...
Old 07-22-2018, 05:30 AM
kosiarek84 kosiarek84 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default 200 gallon switch to Zeovit

Hi ive just started using zeovit product from yesterday. i used to have for more than year soft corals and some lps. Before starting zeovit i sold most of softies (3 colonies left), did a lot of big water changes to get nsw parameters and put my nutrients to po4=0 hanna no3=5 salifert. Rest of parameters kh=7.5 ca=450 mg=1395. salinity is ppt34 sg 1.026 will go for ppt35 slowly. also befor starting system i swap all sand bed for kz aragonite (i put new sand yesterday). of course i remove old one slowly during last couple of weeks. yesterday i put 1.5l zeovit media dose 8 drops of zeobac and 0.8mlx2 zeostart. what im thinking is to run dosing zeobac daily for first 10 days and after switch to twice a week. what are your thoughts? i need to mention that with zeovit start i remove rowaphos and stop dosing nopox. my intention (nutrients close to 0 and new sand bed) was to start it like new system. i got only 3 colonies of soft couple zoas and 3 frag of sps so its not a problem with corals if something happen. my concern is also my fish bioload as i got 6 tangs already.. any suggestions ?? many thanks. first photo is when tank was ready for new sand bed with nutrients already close to 0 (yesterday) and another is with new sand bed (now everything is clear)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2018, 05:32 AM
ZEOhead in Training

worth to mention my flow in zeovit reactor is 140 l/h as i wanted start with minimum flow. do i need to increase it?

Old 07-22-2018, 08:51 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

welcome to zeovit
Tell us about your tank.
Please give us the answers to the following questions to get a more accurate dose recommendation.

1. Total water volume of the entire system (including oil sump, etc.) - US gallons / imperial gallons / liters
2. Water purification (including oil sump, etc.) - US gallons / imperial gallons / liters
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technology?
You are using the PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)
Are you using ozone?
Are you using ultraviolet light?
7. What skimmers do you use (model, rated water)
8. What is your actual PO4 and NO3 level?
9. What is your actual Ca, Alk and Mg content?
10. What filtering method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)
11. Type of light (watt, color temperature, how big, etc.)
What coral do you keep?
13. Tissue color (light or dark)
14. How long has the tank been running?
15. Why use the ZEOvit system?
16. Any supplemental dose (type, quantity, cause, etc.)
17. Live rock (how much, how big, etc.)
18. Any existing issues
19. Description of the problem (deletion of tissue, tissue loss basis, algae, algae, etc.)
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)
21. Current dose, quantity and interval (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temperature, etc.)
23. Which salt brand do you use?

I know there are many problems. Please be as detailed as possible (honest) and be always on hand to explain anything you think might be important.

Start a new topic and provide as much information as possible.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:03 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

A 180-gallon system should fill a 1/2-gallon pitcher in 10 seconds.

A 225-gallon system should fill a 1/2-gallon pitcher in 8 seconds.
d
Now you can start adding ZEObak, ZEOstart and Sponge Power.

ZEObak: 5 ml per 100 liters / 25 US gallons
ZEOstart: 10 ml per 100 liters / 25 US gallons
Sponge powder: 3 ml per 100 liters / 25 US gallons

Day 2 and Day 3

Dosing a rest.

Day 4:

Recommended daily use of ZEObak, ZEOstart and Sponge Power per product label until day 14:

ZeoBac 1 drop / 100 liters / 25 US gallons
Sponge powder 1 drop / 100 liters / 25 US gallons
ZeoStart 0.1 ml / 100 liters / 25 US gallons 2 x daily

Activated carbon:
Once the first batch of animals is placed in the system, add activated carbon as recommended: 0.5-1 liter per 1000 liters. Replacement interval 30 days

Starting on day 14:

ZeoBac 1 drop / 100 liters / 25 US gallons 2-3 times a week
Sponge powder 1 drop / 100 liters / 25 US gallons
ZeoStart 0.1 ml / 100 liters / 25 US gallons 2 x daily

The dose needs to be adjusted ultimately based on the general appearance of the can, parameters or corals. Later, you can use other products. We recommend regular water changes from week 4 to week 6.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:59 AM
ZEOhead in Training

do i really need that big initial dosing of zb zs and sp? as i said rock and water is mature and i already got 6 tang in? 10 days of dosing zb daily like when you dosing after changing media wouldnt be enough?

Old 07-22-2018, 12:51 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Oh, I understand.
What does ZeoVit do?

Let's start with the features of the ZeoVit system. Zeovit is a system that combines bacterial sources to help get rid of excess nutrients in the system. Some have labeled this as the first well-known ultra-low nutrition system or ULNS. The idea is to simulate natural seawater (NSW) parameters by lowering the levels of nitrate and phosphate without reducing other basic parameters such as calcium and magnesium. Bak sp is usually 2 times a week, 1 drop = 100L. Start3 daily morning/night The amount depends on po4. The zeolite is opened three times, allowing the kz system to align, with attention to the np level, until the ULNS, when it arrives, the coral tissue usually becomes lighter and grows well. Three open three levels and doses, then ask G.'s advice
Old 07-22-2018, 01:07 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Oh, this is Lps Tank, which seems to be less demanding for super low nutrition. In short, let us listen to G's suggestion. Sorry, I didnt help.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:21 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

The high initial dosage is done for a fresh system without animals, otherwise starting ZeoVit does need a different procedure.

Can you please post some more details about your system ?

http://zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14

This will also be helpful later as a reference.

G.Alexander
Old 07-23-2018, 12:06 PM
ZEOhead in Training

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter 1000 litres
2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter 800 litres
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique 2 part balling
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) been using rowaphos to reduce po4 before starting zeovit
5. Are you using Ozone no
6. Are you using UV no
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) BK250
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels po4=0 no3=5
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels kh=6.7 (droped by 0.3 since yesterday so start dosing alk) ca=450 mg=1395
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) I used before nopox
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) ATI hybrid 8x80 4x75 using led only for sunset and sunshine. t5 10hrs 4 bulbs 8hrs all 8 bulbs
12. What corals do you keep planning to keep only sps and some zoas. now I got 3 soft coral colonies zoas and 3 frags of sps. On Friday 7 more frags will come
13. Tissue color (light or dark) ---
14. How long has the tank been running over a year
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system keeping healthy sps corals
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) none
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) is RRR but been in my tank over a year so can say its live rock now
18. Any present problems ----
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) got little diatom on sand because I put new kz sand 2 days ago
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) hanna for alk and po4 salifert for rest hanna for salinity
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) zeovit media 1.5l with flow 450-500l/hrs zeobak 8 drops for first 14 days daily after 8 drops twice weekly, zeostart 0.7mlx2 daily, sponge power 8 drops daily, bio mate twice a week 6 drops (Monday Thursday)
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) salinity 35ppt 1.026 sg temp 25.5C
23. Which salt brand do you use AF reef salt

Thanks for respond Alexander

So as I mentioned I been running this tank like over a year keeping mostly soft and lps corals. Before starting zeovit I remove old sand slowly over 4 weeks period and put new kz sand 2 days ago because ive heard old sand can cause some problems. during those 4 weeks I have also made couple water changes to put parameters as close to nsw as I can. ive used also rowaphos to reduce po4. 2 days ago I started zeovit. I remove all rowaphos and stopped dosind nopox. because I got some fishes already (6 tangs 1 goby and 2 wrasses) I figure that I need to treat it not like a new tank, that's why I asked about that big initial dosing which I belive I don't require. So 2 days ago I put 1.5l of zeovit with flow 450-500l/hr (ive increase it today to this amount) start dosing zb 8 drops for as I think first 14 days daily (after 14 days twice a week 8 drops), ZS 0.7mlx2 daily, SP 8 drops daily and biomate twice a week 6 drops (Monday Thursday) depend on nutrient increase or not Im planning to change zeovit media after 6 weeks (left 10% of old one) with potencial increasing of amount of media or flow (im waiting for advice) does it got any sense to You? Thanks for respond
PS: ive also removed siporax I had because of lack of space for zeovit reactor. I put new one instead with smaller amount.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180723_164236.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	21403  

Last edited by kosiarek84; 07-23-2018 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:07 AM
ZEOadmin

Thank you for the additional information. First of all I would recommend to download the dosing guide from:

http://www.korallen-zucht.de/files/z..._english-1.pdf

It contains a lot of useful information and will be helpful to get a feeling for the dosage.

I would recommend you some changes for the start.

First start with the basics products to decrease nutrients:

1. Place 2 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 800 liters per hour. Connect the reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks.

2. Place 0.8 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 8 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 – 3 x weekly dosage of 8 drops. Dose 0.8 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on.

Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 – 10 % with a good salt.

With the system it is not recommended to use a PO4 absorber. As the system needs time to start working it is can be a problem to remove all the PO4 absorber while starting at once. My recommendation is to add 2/3 of the absorber you have used before again, than reduce the rest over the next 6 – 8 weeks step by step to zero. If this is done keep a eye on the PO4 level which should not increase.

Basic water parameters looking good, try to keep them as stabile as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 – 7.5
Ca 400 – 420 mg
Mg 1250 – 1300 mg
K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also, posting your results.

As you already have some additional products you can dose those as follows:

SpongePower – 8 drops every other day
BioMate – 16 drops 2 – 3 x weekly

This is a start-up dosage which might have to be adjusted later.

G.Alexander
Old 07-24-2018, 03:37 AM
ZEOhead in Training

thanks for answer. can you tell me G what is the purpose of intervals? is it decrease nutrients in better way than working on continouse mode?

Old 07-25-2018, 02:34 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hi I think G. should mean "slowly adjust it" biomate po4 slow down to avoid sudden shock pressure causing coral discomfort, sp increase biology, sudden sharp increase and decrease is not good for coral creatures
Old 07-25-2018, 03:00 AM
ZEOadmin

The interval is recommended for system which are already running containing animals especially SPS corals if such a system is transferred to the zeovit system. The interval does speed down the changes a little bit. The interval is usually used for the first 6 weeks. If your corals are doing fine you can usually switch to continuous flow about 2 weeks after the first ZeoVit exchange.

G.Alexander
Old 07-25-2018, 03:23 AM
ZEOhead in Training

cant i get the same result with little bit less of media + slower flow? maybe someone else already asked it i dont know. sorry but i really wanna understand what im doing. thanks

Last edited by kosiarek84; 07-25-2018 at 03:50 AM.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:24 AM
ZEOhead in Training

Todays 5 day parameters:
kh=6.25 will start increase by 0.1 daily to 7.0
no3=0
Got little diatoms on sand as I think from new sand. also my only acro in tank tricolor which I took from friend in terrible conditions only one tip was still alive is showing sign of live and start building new flash on the skeleton. other sps birdnest and monti digitate showing growing tips. On Friday abaout 14 new frags are coming so will see