zeovit.com Vertex  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 changing to full zeo,need some advice and help
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 25
Views: 446
0 New tank Elos 160 XL
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 24
Views: 1,449
0 A restart
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 177
Views: 16,383
0 100g SPS Tank
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 95
Views: 6,996
0 Live & Refrigerated Foods - New $7.99 Flat Rate 2 day Air Shipping
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 16
5 green algae outbreak
Last Post: Bugger
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 37
Views: 908
0 Zeo Product Dosing
Last Post: scybulski
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 2
Views: 132
0 New ZeoVit tank
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 40
Views: 2,060
0 GIVEAWAY: Reef Brite Live Rock Enhance & Reef Enhance
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 12-10-2018
Replies: 1
Views: 157
0 Farbgebung verbessern
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 12-10-2018
Replies: 7
Views: 236
More...
  #91  
Old 10-11-2018, 11:36 AM
kosiarek84's Avatar
kosiarek84 kosiarek84 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: united kingdon
Posts: 91
Default

KH 7.50
CA 420
K 390
NO3 0.00 SALIFERT
PO4 0.00 HANNA CHECKER

So i will do last CS 16ml + 8xZB mix today. Tomorrow i supposed to change zeolit media as its end of week 7. what dosing you recommend beside of course 10 days dosing ZB after media change. I got SP CV ZS ZB CS ZZ BM ZF
My thoughts are:
reduce zs for 2x0.4ml a day
zb 10 days after media change x8
bm 2x 16 week
sp 2x8 week
cv 1x8 week
zf none
Do you think G i supposed to decese all food like sp and cv completly? Can ZZ or CS help me in any way i this stage?
Of course every week 5% water change
thanks
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 10-11-2018, 12:11 PM
kosiarek84's Avatar
kosiarek84 kosiarek84 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: united kingdon
Posts: 91
Default

I'm also changing RO pre filters and DI RESIN. My TDS was showing 0 but the resin i put recently had strange dark colour on the bottom of filter. Never had something like that and from 1st day when i spot it i had some doubts about using this water. Maybe this is the reason of my current problem.. i dont know. Please give me advice G about my dosing regime now. cheers
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 10-12-2018, 03:37 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,251
Default

Not sure if the resin is a problem or not but as you mention I have also never seen something like this. Might be a good idea to replace it.

I would recommend to continue the basic dosing like this:

ZeoStart 0.4 ml 2 x daily
ZeoBac 8 drops 2 x weekly
BioMate 16 drops 2 x weekly
SpongePower 8 drops 2 x weekly
CoralVitalizer 8 drops 2 x weekly
ZeoFood stop dosing it temporary

Lets try to continue the cyano treatment with CoralSnow/ZeoBac for another week.

If you replace the Zeovit material, keep about 10% of the old material in the reactor and add 90% fresh material. Soak the fresh material in RO water which is replaced a couple of times for 2 days before using it. After the exchange dose ZeoBac daily for 10 days, than 2 x weekly as usual.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 10-12-2018, 03:55 AM
kosiarek84's Avatar
kosiarek84 kosiarek84 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: united kingdon
Posts: 91
Default

what about that 10 day period.. dosing cs+zb additionaly to zb 8 drops? also can i use zeozym. i mean is it helpful in situation i got? thanks
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 10-12-2018, 09:38 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosiarek84 View Post
I'm also changing RO pre filters and DI RESIN. My TDS was showing 0 but the resin i put recently had strange dark colour on the bottom of filter. Never had something like that and from 1st day when i spot it i had some doubts about using this water. Maybe this is the reason of my current problem.. i dont know. Please give me advice G about my dosing regime now. cheers

Hello, there should be no filtration of the resin after the Ro/di filter. The Ro/di filter used by people generally uses the Ro reverse osmosis membrane. The resin should be suitable for fresh water and the ph should be weakly acidic.

This is a picture of my 8/26 replacement, the bottom (blue), reverse osmosis membrane.

The filter has 4 channels, or 5 channels. There must be a reverse osmosis membrane, and the water produced can be called Ro water.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-10-12 21.40.48.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	21659  
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 10-12-2018, 02:32 PM
kosiarek84's Avatar
kosiarek84 kosiarek84 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: united kingdon
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Hello, there should be no filtration of the resin after the Ro/di filter. The Ro/di filter used by people generally uses the Ro reverse osmosis membrane. The resin should be suitable for fresh water and the ph should be weakly acidic.

This is a picture of my 8/26 replacement, the bottom (blue), reverse osmosis membrane.

The filter has 4 channels, or 5 channels. There must be a reverse osmosis membrane, and the water produced can be called Ro water.
hehe hi mate i exactly know how ro system should look lol. my concern was with the strange colour of resin
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 10-12-2018, 02:51 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosiarek84 View Post
hehe hi mate i exactly know how ro system should look lol. my concern was with the strange colour of resin
Sorry, I am wrong. So you just put seawater in the resin to see how they change, or do you use the water filtered by the resin to soak it?

I mean, what is the reason you use the resin, (I am curious), thank you
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 10-12-2018, 10:55 PM
kosiarek84's Avatar
kosiarek84 kosiarek84 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: united kingdon
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Sorry, I am wrong. So you just put seawater in the resin to see how they change, or do you use the water filtered by the resin to soak it?

I mean, what is the reason you use the resin, (I am curious), thank you
obviously as last stage of my ro system.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 10-13-2018, 12:04 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,251
Default

Even if you replace the ZeoVit it is not necessary to dose ZeoBac separate while doing the daily treatment but basically some additional drops of ZeoBac here and there does not hurt.

ZeoZym can have a positive impact, 1 spoon 2 3 x weekly can be dosed additional.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 10-13-2018, 01:14 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosiarek84 View Post
obviously as last stage of my ro system.
Most people do not use the resin unit in the filtration stage (I don't know if the resin is suitable).
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 10-13-2018, 04:03 AM
kosiarek84's Avatar
kosiarek84 kosiarek84 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: united kingdon
Posts: 91
Default

so how you supposed to get 0 on your TDS ?? after two sediment filters one carbon and membrane i got 4 and only because ive changed them all for new.. if you got 0 without a di resin you pro ably got excellent water quality in your pipes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Most people do not use the resin unit in the filtration stage (I don't know if the resin is suitable).
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 10-13-2018, 04:05 AM
kosiarek84's Avatar
kosiarek84 kosiarek84 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: united kingdon
Posts: 91
Default

I think in my situation reducing ZS will make good impact as its 2-3 days now with reduced dosing and i stopped seeing those bubbles on rock... but of course its too early to say.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 10-13-2018, 05:04 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosiarek84 View Post
so how you supposed to get 0 on your TDS ?? after two sediment filters one carbon and membrane i got 4 and only because ive changed them all for new.. if you got 0 without a di resin you pro ably got excellent water quality in your pipes.
Looks good, maybe I'm wrong, coral biological health is good, then I think there is no problem.

I use a TDS gauge, and test Dkh for Ro unit water
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 10-13-2018, 06:27 AM
kosiarek84's Avatar
kosiarek84 kosiarek84 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: united kingdon
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Looks good, maybe I'm wrong, coral biological health is good, then I think there is no problem.

I use a TDS gauge, and test Dkh for Ro unit water
dkh for ro? whats the reason of doing it?
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 10-13-2018, 06:42 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosiarek84 View Post
dkh for ro? whats the reason of doing it?
My area is water kh up to 12 mg, after reverse osmosis water, I tested dkh = 0 mg,and DTS 0ppm,and PO4 hanna 0.00ppm

Last edited by jacky; 10-13-2018 at 06:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 116 (0 members and 116 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7, Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by ZeoVit.com