zeovit.com Sewatec.de - Reef Supply International  

Go Back   zeovit.com > Picture Forums > Tank Gallery (All Languages)

Tank Gallery (All Languages) Please share your tank in general/building process etc.

Active Threads
0 changing to full zeo,need some advice and help
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 25
Views: 446
0 New tank Elos 160 XL
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 24
Views: 1,452
0 A restart
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 177
Views: 16,383
0 100g SPS Tank
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 95
Views: 6,996
0 Live & Refrigerated Foods - New $7.99 Flat Rate 2 day Air Shipping
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 16
5 green algae outbreak
Last Post: Bugger
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 37
Views: 908
0 Zeo Product Dosing
Last Post: scybulski
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 2
Views: 132
0 New ZeoVit tank
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 40
Views: 2,060
0 GIVEAWAY: Reef Brite Live Rock Enhance & Reef Enhance
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 12-10-2018
Replies: 1
Views: 157
0 Farbgebung verbessern
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 12-10-2018
Replies: 7
Views: 236
More...
  #106  
Old 10-07-2018, 01:58 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 372
Default

After some water tests:

Sg: 1.025
Ph: 7.9 (a little lower than what I'm usually seeing, probably due to the fresh water from water change)
Temp: 25.1軏
Kh: 7.5
Calc: 430
Mg: 1290
K: 370 (a little too low, but acceptable & better than the last few weeks)
NO3: 1
PO4: 0.03

Nutrient-levels are "high" for a Zeovit-system, but I have been feeding quite heavily the last two-three weeks. Thought I'd see phosphates at a higher level, but happy where they are at the moment.

Nothing in the parameters indicate what would be bothering the monti, and everything seems to love life
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 10-07-2018, 02:55 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackizzz View Post
After some water tests:

Sg: 1.025
Ph: 7.9 (a little lower than what I'm usually seeing, probably due to the fresh water from water change)
Temp: 25.1軏
Kh: 7.5
Calc: 430
Mg: 1290
K: 370 (a little too low, but acceptable & better than the last few weeks)
NO3: 1
PO4: 0.03

Nutrient-levels are "high" for a Zeovit-system, but I have been feeding quite heavily the last two-three weeks. Thought I'd see phosphates at a higher level, but happy where they are at the moment.

Nothing in the parameters indicate what would be bothering the monti, and everything seems to love life
Perfect, you check all the water parameters once, which is responsible for the task of the coral.

Ask your KH question, my tank kh=7.0。 Your kh=7.5, why would you choose to position kh at 7.5? Also what is the difference between kh7.0 and 7.5? For corals.

Thank you

Last edited by jacky; 10-07-2018 at 03:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 10-07-2018, 06:12 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Perfect, you check all the water parameters once, which is responsible for the task of the coral.

Ask your KH question, my tank kh=7.0。 Your kh=7.5, why would you choose to position kh at 7.5? Also what is the difference between kh7.0 and 7.5? For corals.

Thank you
7.5 dkh is what my saltmix (KZ Bio Reef salt) mixes to at the moment, so that's why I keep it there At the moment my growth is so slow, that my weekly water-changes is enough to keep parameters in check, so it makes sense to not have a lower KH, for stability
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 10-07-2018, 07:10 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackizzz View Post
7.5 dkh is what my saltmix (KZ Bio Reef salt) mixes to at the moment, so that's why I keep it there At the moment my growth is so slow, that my weekly water-changes is enough to keep parameters in check, so it makes sense to not have a lower KH, for stability
Good job, thank you for your explanation, great, very interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 10-13-2018, 03:41 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,012
Default

Dude, I am very happy to watch the thread. The plan of the tank has changed from the original to the present coral. Now, like your tank, it is very beautiful and clean. The most important thing is to update quickly and look forward to it.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 10-13-2018, 06:12 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Dude, I am very happy to watch the thread. The plan of the tank has changed from the original to the present coral. Now, like your tank, it is very beautiful and clean. The most important thing is to update quickly and look forward to it.


I Will do a little update later tonight, need to take a few photos first
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 10-13-2018, 12:24 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 372
Default

So tank is seemingly doing good






A little algae on the sand, but other than that just the normal growth on the glass.

A few close-ups of some corals, seeing growth in almost all of them, and coloration is pretty good!















I really should take off the frag-plugs, but Im hesitant to remove all that encrusted tissue. Hopefully the growth will be good and theyll be covered by the corals soon :P
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 10-13-2018, 01:26 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackizzz View Post
So tank is seemingly doing good






A little algae on the sand, but other than that just the normal growth on the glass.

A few close-ups of some corals, seeing growth in almost all of them, and coloration is pretty good!















I really should take off the frag-plugs, but Im hesitant to remove all that encrusted tissue. Hopefully the growth will be good and theyll be covered by the corals soon :P
Blackizzz, thank you for updating, the corals are beautiful, the corals have space between each other, I can't wait for them to grow up, like the second and third pictures. It's really very artistic. Can you ask a few questions with you? Why do you choose a small coral, what is the name of the fish (white) above in the second picture? Clean sand?
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 10-13-2018, 03:17 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Blackizzz, thank you for updating, the corals are beautiful, the corals have space between each other, I can't wait for them to grow up, like the second and third pictures. It's really very artistic. Can you ask a few questions with you? Why do you choose a small coral, what is the name of the fish (white) above in the second picture? Clean sand?
Thank you Jacky

The reason for small corals is that large colonies are mostly very expensive here in Europe, and you can often get more colorful pieces if you buy smaller ones Plus, my tank is very small, so I can have more corals

The white fish is a "Valenciennea Strigata", a sand-sifting goby. It's both interesting to look at, and very annoying as it's always throwing sand on my corals
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 10-14-2018, 12:38 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackizzz View Post
The white fish is a "Valenciennea Strigata", a sand-sifting goby. It's both interesting to look at, and very annoying as it's always throwing sand on my corals


This goby can really become annoying as he does shift the sand all over the corals. This one does keep the sand on the bottom:

https://www.meerwasser-lexikon.de/ti..._puellaris.htm

Had them and they where doing a really good job to keep the sand clean but they often jump out of the water so some kind of a net over the tank can be helpful.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 10-14-2018, 03:56 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
This goby can really become annoying as he does shift the sand all over the corals. This one does keep the sand on the bottom:

https://www.meerwasser-lexikon.de/ti..._puellaris.htm

Had them and they where doing a really good job to keep the sand clean but they often jump out of the water so some kind of a net over the tank can be helpful.

G.Alexander
Thanks for the suggestion G. If I get tired of removing sand from the corals I'll look at that one
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 10-14-2018, 04:21 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackizzz View Post
Thank you Jacky

The reason for small corals is that large colonies are mostly very expensive here in Europe, and you can often get more colorful pieces if you buy smaller ones Plus, my tank is very small, so I can have more corals

The white fish is a "Valenciennea Strigata", a sand-sifting goby. It's both interesting to look at, and very annoying as it's always throwing sand on my corals
The fish is so cute, I searched for it and it was really cute to filter the sand. Whether your live rock is at the bottom or the sand is first placed on the top of the live rock. If the fish filters the sand, it will cause the live rock to collapse. Also like G.Alexander said, they are easy to jump out of the tank, it is always a lively, cute and functional fish, I like it.

Your coral color is beautiful and colorful. Great.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 10-14-2018, 09:05 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
This goby can really become annoying as he does shift the sand all over the corals. This one does keep the sand on the bottom:

https://www.meerwasser-lexikon.de/ti..._puellaris.htm

Had them and they where doing a really good job to keep the sand clean but they often jump out of the water so some kind of a net over the tank can be helpful.

G.Alexander
Thank you G. The website is very detailed, let me get more information, thank you for sharing.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 10-14-2018, 09:12 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackizzz View Post
Thank you Jacky

The reason for small corals is that large colonies are mostly very expensive here in Europe, and you can often get more colorful pieces if you buy smaller ones Plus, my tank is very small, so I can have more corals

The white fish is a "Valenciennea Strigata", a sand-sifting goby. It's both interesting to look at, and very annoying as it's always throwing sand on my corals
Fish is a "Valenciennea Strigata",thank you。
Many of the beautiful boutiques that you have always dreamed of are small ones, like yours.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 10-19-2018, 12:25 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 372
Default

New
So, got my Triton-test results back, overall it looks good.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2018-10-19 at 18.09.45.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	21671

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2018-10-19 at 18.09.56.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	21672

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2018-10-19 at 18.10.02.png
Views:	10
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	21673

A little surprised that Calcium is so high, my Salifert test kit tests it to be around 400, and against a reference solution (fauna marin) the test kit shows slightly lower than actual values, around 15-25 low, so my Calcium should be around 415-425. Triton is showing 562 mg/l, so a huge difference. I'm not dosing any Calcium either yet, so most likely it'll drop down in due time.

High Barium, seen that a lot of Zeovit tanks have that, must be in something we dose. Shouldn't be a problem though, according to the masses.

Low Potassium, as I knew, been trying to get that up, but struggling - been dosing twice the recommended amount of K-balance daily, will increase to three times the recommended amount.

Iodine is tested at absolutely 0, which I find unlikely since I dose it daily, "must" be a testing error.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 79 (1 members and 78 guests)
blackizzz
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7, Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by ZeoVit.com