zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > Picture Forums > Tank Gallery (All Languages)

Tank Gallery (All Languages) Please share your tank in general/building process etc.

Active Threads
0 Kh plus
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 15
Views: 236
0 Clarisea Gen2 Automatic Filter Roller Unboxing
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 32
0 moving from aF back to Zoevit
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 21
Views: 1,052
0 Syds red sea 170
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: 10-14-2018
Replies: 9
Views: 227
0 A restart
Replies: 118
Views: 10,539
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Replies: 187
Views: 15,474
0 Hilfe..No3 0..Po4 zu hoch
Posted On: 10-13-2018
Replies: 27
Views: 1,204
0 Mein Zeobecken
Replies: 61
Views: 4,510
0 100g SPS Tank
Replies: 19
Views: 1,016
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Replies: 105
Views: 6,523
More...

Old 05-30-2018, 01:45 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Sounds good, water temperature can really be a challenge especially in the summer. Had those problems also in the past bur fans blowing over the water surface have really worked well to keep the temperature as it should be even on hotter days. I have controlled the fans with a temperature controller.

G.Alexander
Old 05-30-2018, 02:40 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Sounds good, water temperature can really be a challenge especially in the summer. Had those problems also in the past bur fans blowing over the water surface have really worked well to keep the temperature as it should be even on hotter days. I have controlled the fans with a temperature controller.

G.Alexander
Thanks for input G!
I've decided to keep an eye on it, if the temperature starts getting closer to 27.5 I'll get a chiller since I only need a small one. In the mean time, a fan on the surface might be a good idea, I already have the temperature controller so would be an easy install
Old 06-05-2018, 10:00 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Seems like Ive gotten some Dinos...

(Havent been able to check in a microscope to confirm)

Recedes at night (mostly), bubbles are present and the organism seems to be increasingly present.

Since I have a shipment of acros coming on Thursday Im reluctant to start a blackout atm, but Im going to stop dosing CV and zf7 for the moment.

I get no readout on nitrates, but I do have phosphates at a higher level than Id like. Should I increase dose of zeostart a little to try and get phosphate down? (Could possibly also increase flow through reactor a little?)

Corals are all growing, and show good PE, however I fear that Dino will continue to irritate them.

Any advice?
Old 06-06-2018, 03:02 AM
ZEOadmin

Can you please post your actual dosing regimen ?

Dosing 2 ml CoralSnow once daily for some time and doing a 2 day light blackout might fix it as you do not already have corals in the system.

What is the actual PO4 level of your system ?

G.Alexander
Old 06-06-2018, 03:33 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

PO4 is high, measured at 0.05-0.06 2 days ago (hanna phosphorus).

Dosing before today:
ZS3 0.15ml x2 daily
SP 1dr every second day
ZB 2dr x2 per week
CV 2dr every second day
ZF7 3dr 3x week (only did 2 dosings before slime algae showed up)
CS: 2ml daily.

Dosing from today:
ZS3: 0.17ml x2 daily (try and counter the PO4, might increase more?)
SP 1dr every second day
ZB 2dr x2 per week
CS 2ml daily.

As I do have a few corals, I shortened the photoperiod pretty drastically, but keep intensity.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:35 AM
ZEOadmin

They might disappear slowly after stopping to dose ZeoFood, lets see if they do disappear over the next 2 weeks.

G.Alexander
Old 07-08-2018, 07:03 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

A little "non-revolutionary" update is needed:

Dino's are still present, although they're less and less invasive it seems. Haven't been home much the last month, but soon I'll be able to take up the battle "for real" again.

Due to lack of attention it seems like the dinos are irritating especially the montipora, as this has lost all colour (PE still present) Acro seems to do well, but a lack of much colour there as well. LPS seems to do fine.

Changed 15-20% water today, and changed zeovit media.

Will be nice in about a week when I can take care of the tank again.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:39 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

The picture does not look like dino, check ro water, if you have xtra you can pause, food7 cv aa can also be temporarily suspended, and skimmer adjustment, bak + snow treatment suppression, activated carbon seems to help it too
Old 07-09-2018, 02:15 AM
ZEOadmin

Can you please update some water parameters:

PO4
NO3
K+

G.Alexander
Old 07-13-2018, 11:29 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

I will update parameters tomorrow, once I have up to date numbers for you.

Only dosing I do now is:

ZB daily (changed zeovit media last weekend)
SP every other day (basically only to try and help corals struggling against "dino burn" or whatever it is causing dino to attach to corals, seems to be helping a bit, since corals recovered a little after increasing dosage.
ZS3 2x daily (increased dosage, to try and battle the high PO4, which I suspect is the cause of the problems)

I have KZ carbon in recommended dosage.

RO water is mostly at 0 TDS, sometimes it creeps up to 1 TDS, but I see no difference in appearance of algae/bacteria or whatever it is)

It is not a problem with silicates, does not look like diatoms (not dusty, it disappears when dark, comes out slowly during day).

Today (coming home for the week) it looks to have improved, but I still suspect PO4 to be high, and NO3 to be basically 0 when I do some tests tomorrow.

Light schedule has been drastically "short" the last 3-4 weeks, LPS seems to like it, acro hasn't really shown much difference, only thing that's really struggling atm is the montipora, which is visibly irritated by the "dino" every day.
Old 07-14-2018, 01:31 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Here's the actual water parameters (taken today):

Actual (target value)

Sg: 1.0249 (1.025)
Temp: 27蚓 (25蚓) (over 30 out atm, this is today only though, usually around 25-25.2 in tank)
Alk: 6.6 (7.2)
Ca: 400 (400)
Mg: 1260 (1350)
pH: 8.1 (8.1)
K: 390 (400)
PO4: 0.025 (0.010) (Hanna phosphorus showing 8, according to error range 0.00-0.04.)
NO3: 0 (at least detectable) (undetectable, salifert...)

Will do a water change either tomorrow or monday (10%), which should buffer up Alk and Mg a little, will also buffer Alk slightly daily for a few days until I reach target.

PO4 looking better than it did 2 weeks ago (last time I could test) when the value was way higher. (the Dino is less occurring as well, so should be related).
Old 07-14-2018, 03:00 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I think I can ignore np for the first time because the biological basis is not established, and the coral seems to have not been used to the environment of the tank. Usually, when the coral is used, it should have a good extension and pe, and begin to grow. Corals are animals that need to be fed correctly. But usually the light source provides enough energy for the corals at this stage, but the current stage feeding will put a burden on the system, so it is possible to establish a biological direction. If you think p is a bit high, you can adjust the skimmer. Usually, the element is initially a large drop in mg. Then your water volume and the current number of corals are usually very low. It can be said that there is no consumption, so as I said, you should first build from biology, just A little thought, look at your reference

Do you use live rock? Or maybe just take time
Old 07-14-2018, 11:46 PM
ZEOadmin

Thank you things are looking good, lets see if the algae or whatever it is do disappear in the next couple of weeks. If you do not already dose CoralSnow add 2 ml daily for one week to your dosing regimen.

G.Alexander
Old 07-15-2018, 02:17 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

thank you Jacky and G.

I will continue doing what I do :P

CS is dosed every day I'm home, and I definitely see some improvement while the water is cloudy, and a few hours after. Guessing it disturbs the algae or whatever, in the same way as when I siphon.

I did use LR on start up, and yes the tank is quite young still (especially has a super low bioload) I suspect I need to increase the bioload a bit to be able to get a stable export of phosphates (by introducing nitrates) A small dwarf angel will be added sometime next week, once it's been quarantined and is eating well.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:54 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Sounds good, snow has a very fine powder that can absorb very fine particles and attach it to remove it. I also found that skimmer has become more efficient, and it is also mixed with bak to treat mud. I regard it as a "carrier"

With the use of snow, the water quality becomes very clear and transparent. It may be necessary to pay attention to the coral's response to light and the consumption of kh.