zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Last Post: kosiarek84
Posted On: Today
Replies: 68
Views: 3,958
4 Help please Potassium deficiency? or growth?
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 8
Views: 113
0 Coral nutrition
Replies: 4
Views: 65
0 Austria Zeovit Reef 2.0
Replies: 57
Views: 2,326
0 High Phosphates on new Zeovit system!
Replies: 16
Views: 341
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Replies: 133
Views: 10,348
0 100g SPS Tank
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 5
Views: 235
0 What kind of algae is this and how do I get rid of it.
Last Post: Bugger
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 3
Views: 63
0 Euphyllia and lps aminoacid
Last Post: Bugger
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 6
Views: 164
0 25% OFF PE Mysis Pellets + New Glue from PolypLab
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 09-21-2018
Replies: 0
Views: 42
More...
Old 09-05-2018, 09:56 PM
Advayananda Advayananda 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default ULN Ranges Question

Hi Everyone,

Can someone tell me what ranges we are looking to stay within for nitrate and phosphate, as far as ULN goes? My Zeovit system is new (17 days) and I am reading 4ppm nitrate with a red sea nitrate test, and .16 ppm phosphate with the hanna checker. The nitrates are seemingly still dropping(testing every two days). I just got the hanna checker and was using API prior, which always said 0, so not sure yet if the phosphates are also dropping.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:09 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

In my tank, n and p 0.00ppm coral performance is no problem. As time goes by, it is not necessary to establish according to the ecological ecology of tank, ensuring a good flow rate of the dose and zeolite. During this time the tank should have algae, which can be put into some functional organisms and start activated carbon. Slightly adjust the skimmer to wet. After the first 30 days, the first zeolite was replaced and the coral was switched to continuous flow. Start changing water every week. Probably like this
Old 09-05-2018, 10:21 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks Jacky! I appreciate it!
Old 09-05-2018, 10:26 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

In the new tank, if you have live rock and algae, usually po4 will not be 0.00ppm. No3 generally do not have to worry too much, po4 must at least see the algae fade or whiten

Po4 is falling too fast is not a good thing
Old 09-05-2018, 10:38 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Okay, thanks Jacky! I will watch the P04 closely over the next few days , now that I have the ultra low phosphorus hanna photometer.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:58 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Sounds good, I don't know your tank information, if you are not sure, please also post a detailed list of tanks for G. to help you. Under the application of zeolite, please also check the potassium level, and the water quality parameters suitable for the kz system and keep it within the horizontal range.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:11 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Po4 0.00~0.03 Acceptable range, my cognition. Try to approach as close as 0.00ppm. Under the presence of corals and creatures po4 will not be 100% real 0.00ppm oceans too. It is also inevitable that the machine has tolerances, so try to bring it closer to 0.00ppm. Po4 is affected by coral hair color and calcification.

After kz start3 is added every morning/night, the zeolite is replaced one month after the start (add 1 ml of kz bac every 10 days = 100L), and the coral will switch to continuous flow if it performs well, and extend to 6~7 weeks with malnutrition. replace. Activated carbon is replaced by zeolite for one week (if it is consistent with zeolite time)

Last edited by jacky; 09-05-2018 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:49 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

I have personally not seen much of a difference with the corals in the PO4 range of 0.00 – 0.02 mg (Hanna Photometer). NO3 is usually after the system runs nutrient poor stabile not detectable with the hobby test kits but a level up to 5 mg does also not have much of a impact to the corals.

G.Alexander
Old 09-06-2018, 04:31 AM
Clavius Clavius 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

So, persistently having 0.00 PO4 is not damaging to corals?

There are currently a lot of people running other methods that even add PO4 because they are afraid of 0.00 PO4.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:07 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Your question is very good, I want to know. Currently in my tank np 0.00ppm coral is not affected, healthy and good PE and growth, did not see any harm about po4 0.00ppm. One of my thoughts - po4 extreme swing and high NO3 extremely unbalanced coral feel pressure, what is the value of po4 in the sea? (very low), corals in some areas with better water quality are more beautiful, and PO4=0 does not mean Phosphorus=0, so unless your SPS is really out of order, I really can't think of a reason to improve po4. There is no place in the tank where bacteria can really be 100% po4 0.00ppm, just not measured. And continue to use carbon sources, because the carbon source is a buffer for PO4. The above is my idea. There may be something wrong.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:46 AM
Clavius Clavius 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Your question is very good, I want to know. Currently in my tank np 0.00ppm coral is not affected, healthy and good PE and growth, did not see any harm about po4 0.00ppm. One of my thoughts - po4 extreme swing and high NO3 extremely unbalanced coral feel pressure, what is the value of po4 in the sea? (very low), corals in some areas with better water quality are more beautiful, and PO4=0 does not mean Phosphorus=0, so unless your SPS is really out of order, I really can't think of a reason to improve po4. There is no place in the tank where bacteria can really be 100% po4 0.00ppm, just not measured. And continue to use carbon sources, because the carbon source is a buffer for PO4. The above is my idea. There may be something wrong.
Thank you very much for your reply.

I measure phosphorus with my Hanna checker (HI736) and it reads zero. Are you saying that zero phosphorus is a problem then?
Old 09-06-2018, 09:04 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

" PO4=0 does not mean Phosphorus=0"

The natural seawater has a PO4 of less than 0.005.
The ideal value of the SPS cylinder is below 0.03.
However, there are still many cases where there is still a problem with PO4.
So Phosphate is a good indicator (it seems to be divided into organic phosphorus or inorganic phosphorus). Means DOP soluble organic phosphorus
And POP non-soluble organic phosphorus. In my impression
Old 09-06-2018, 09:41 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I have thought about a problem. If the seawater in the tank is tested at 0.00 ppm phosphorus, will the water in the skimmer be 0.00 ppm? Skimmer's functionality Learn about it. Many people can't test no3 and po4. Why are there algae problems? Let's go back and pay attention to "organic matter." Lowering them is another important core. How to reduce -skimmer, activated carbon, zeolite, start3, kz coral snow, all. Reducing organic matter is also a relative reduction in np.

Do you understand what I mean, sorry for my English.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:22 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavius View Post

There are currently a lot of people running other methods that even add PO4 because they are afraid of 0.00 PO4.
I personally also had not issues while PO4 and NO3 where not detectable. Corals growth and coloration was perfect. It is just really important to have everything else (light, parameters etc.) optimized.

G.Alexander
Old 09-07-2018, 10:53 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavius View Post

"There are a lot of people running other methods and even adding PO4 because they are afraid of 0.00 PO4." Can you tell me why, just really want to know, curious (nothing else),thank you