zeovit.com Aquariumspeciality  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 230
Views: 22,047
0 a new tank with Zeo system,Some questions
Replies: 12
Views: 234
0 HELP WITH DOSING PLEASE!
Replies: 55
Views: 1,645
0 new to zeovit
Replies: 134
Views: 12,349
0 Dosing adjustment after 14 day cycle
Replies: 13
Views: 420
0 macro element dosing
Last Post: Meir
Replies: 3
Views: 138
0 moving from aF back to Zoevit
Last Post: chercm
Replies: 74
Views: 4,860
0 Day 9 of 14 day Zeocycle
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 16
Views: 431
0 Back on Reefing
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 2
Views: 86
0 Featured Tank . Richard Wagemaker (xixau) - Central Coast - Australia
Last Post: ComFi
Replies: 39
Views: 28,025
More...

Old 06-22-2018, 03:42 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

As you have mention that you can run both systems side by side I would recommend to start as follows with the new system:

Place 1 liter fresh Zeovit material in your reactor, continuous flow ~ 100 US gallons per hour
Place 0.4 liters korallenzucht activated carbon passively flown in the sump.

Place the animals in a temporary holding system for a couple of days.

Add a shallow sand bed of aragonite to the new system, soak the material well before using it in RO water until it does not leach PO4.

Transfer as much water from your old system to the new one.

Transfer the rocks form your old system, before remove the mulm in a separate container using some tank water from your old system.

Place the old ZeoVit material from your other system in a mash bag and place it in the sump of the new system. Keep it submerged while transferring it.

Dose as follows:

Day 1:

20 drops ZeoBac
2 ml ZeoStart
40 drops SpongePower

Followed by:

8 drops ZeoBac
0.8 ml ZeoStart
16 drops SpongePower

Until day 5, than continue as follows:

4 drops ZeoBac 3 x weekly
0.4 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily
8 drops SpongePower every other day

I would not add the animals before day 5.

As mention before this is a risky method for a tank transfer and you might loose some of the animals.

G.Alexander
Old 06-22-2018, 06:05 AM
Scribe Scribe 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I am no longer and not able to run the systems side by side this is not possible.
Old 06-23-2018, 12:00 AM
ZEOadmin

Than you have to pass the day one initial dosag eI have posted above but this makes it only more risky.

G.Alexander
Old 06-25-2018, 10:47 PM
Scribe Scribe 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Than you have to pass the day one initial dosag eI have posted above but this makes it only more risky.

G.Alexander
Ive given this a lot of thought and decided to start a new tank from scratch. New water, sand and pukani rock. Would you recommend I just follow the kz pdf for starting a new tank?
Old 06-26-2018, 04:31 AM
ZEOadmin

If you use dry rocks only the cycle will take much more time so do you have the possibility to cycle the new system for minimum of 2 month ?

G.Alexander
Old 06-27-2018, 11:09 AM
Scribe Scribe 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
If you use dry rocks only the cycle will take much more time so do you have the possibility to cycle the new system for minimum of 2 month ?

G.Alexander
Im going to start cycling the dry rock in a container for 30 days with a piece of fresh uncooked shrimp and maybe a piece of my live rock to help
Old 10-07-2018, 02:50 AM
Scribe Scribe 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I got my new system running its 125gal of water with cycled pukani rock. I am not taking any of my old rock or water. Just the corals and fish which are still in the old tank. I put in about 2.5” of tropic eden sand, new salt water and the cycled rock. Nitrites are just about to zero. Should I introduce any zeolites and dosing at this point?
Old 10-07-2018, 11:01 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hello, sorry to forgive me in English, I don't know your sand & stone. Using live rock speeds up and brings you to biology, which is quite helpful for tanks. I think that relying on live rock and Zeo bac, Zeo Sponge power, Zeo start3 can start the 14-day cycle of tank. I don't think it is necessary for dead shrimp. It is highly recommended that you use some live rock builds, which can avoid some problems (if you are worried about the crab problem, you can put it in Sump), you can start Zeo for 14 days after the completion, and the zeolite can of course be put in. I look forward to seeing your new tank with us.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:01 PM
Scribe Scribe 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

My zeolite reactor is still running in the old tank with all the animals
Old 10-08-2018, 03:57 AM
ZEOadmin

If the new system is a fresh system which does not contain animals I would recommend you to cycle it as follows:

http://zeovit.com/forums/showpost.ph...60&postcount=7

As you have not used live rock the cycle will take some time. Once the new system is running stabile you can transfer the animals step by step.

G.Alexander
Old 10-08-2018, 11:49 AM
Scribe Scribe 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

The rock I used was dry Pukani and I cycled the rock for a couple months. The rock is alive with bacteria it had the ammonia nitrite and nitrate spike already
Old 10-08-2018, 02:27 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
The rock I used was dry Pukani and I cycled the rock for a couple months. The rock is alive with bacteria it had the ammonia nitrite and nitrate spike already
This is just a system reaction process. The most important is the rich flora and microbial planktonic animals that bring into the sea, the sponge, which forms a small ecology that supports the tank. If you don't use live rock, it will take longer, but tank less biology is not easy to stabilize for an initial establishment. Provide you with a reference.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:04 PM
Scribe Scribe 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

My new tank has been running following your instructions for starting a new zeovit tank and moved over all corals and fish with no loss of life. Currently dosing zeostart, zeobak, sponge power and just started zeofood. When can I begin to dose coral vitalizer, pohls xtra, Bbalance, Abalance, amino acid concentrate and KF. I was using all these in my old tank but is it ok to begin all of them again?
Old 10-29-2018, 06:04 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

When the water quality is low and the malnutrition is stable, the coral tissue becomes lighter, the polyps grow, and PE, then the appropriate supplement is good. If the coral is dark, XTra, AA will have the opposite effect.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:48 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

The ZEOvit phase depends on the level of nutrition and the appearance of the coral. The nutrient composition is relatively high [with the "pooling reserve"] and the color of the coral is dull. Polyp extensions may or may not exist.

Consider the start of the Stage 1 ZEOvit method. Basic 4 is used to reduce nutrients in a balanced manner. With the consumption of nutrients and "reserves", the corals become brighter, the appearance is lighter, and the dose of corn becomes less.

In the second stage [~3-6mos], the coral continues to color and the nutrients become more exhausted. However, at this stage, if the administration is stopped for more than a few days, the nutrients start to rise again and the corals become darker. This is because the “pooling reserve” still exists.