zeovit.com Vertex  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 53
Views: 2,280
0 Finally ready to start :)
Last Post: jackass
Replies: 69
Views: 3,738
0 New to zeo
Last Post: Invictoreef
Replies: 35
Views: 1,950
5 Ditch the chaeto?
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 5
Views: 113
0 switching to zeo system possibly
Replies: 76
Views: 2,389
0 New sps tank
Last Post: chrisevich
Replies: 194
Views: 10,320
0 Sale: Eheim, TLF, Salifert, Reef Brite, Aqua Genesis
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 0
Views: 45
0 GIVEAWAY: Inland Frag Saw
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 1
Views: 225
0 Considering switching to zeovit tank from redsea
Posted On: 05-18-2018
Replies: 10
Views: 282
0 needed color & health of this stag
Posted On: 05-18-2018
Replies: 2
Views: 229
More...
Old 04-21-2018, 04:41 PM
sttaelma sttaelma 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default Help with 14 day cycle

Hi,

would it be possible to provide some feedback please?

I have a question about the zeovit 14 day cycle. first some system info:

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - 750 liter
2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - 660 liter
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique - No
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) No
5. Are you using Ozone - No
6. Are you using UV - No
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) - for the moment bubble king mini 180. upgrade to bubble king deluxe 200 in the future
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels PO4 - 0,01 ppm (hanna ULR), NO3 - 3 ppm (red sea nitrate pro)
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels - not tested yet
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) - Zeovit
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.)- radions
12. What corals do you keep - no corals as of yet
13. Tissue color (light or dark) ---
14. How long has the tank been running - 10 days on zeovit (14 day cycle). 12 days with (real reef + live) rocks and salt water
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system - LPS<SPS keeping
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) ---
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) 50kg real reef rock + 10kg live rock in sump
18. Any present problems -----
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) - some brown algea growth (diatoms probably) + a little green algea, but barely visible. probably normal cycle stuff, right?
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) Hanna checker ULR for phosphate testing, red sea for ammonia/nitrite/nitrate
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals 1,7 liter zeovit rocks. 7 drops of zeobak + 7 drops of sponge power + 1,4ml of zeostart3 per day during the 14 day cycle. when should I go to normal dosing schedule as described in the guide (zeobak 1 to 2 times per week...)?
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) salinity: 1.025, ammonia: 0ppm, nitrite: 0,15ppm(red sea testkit)
23. Which salt brand do you use - Korallen zucht bio reef salt

I'm now at day 10 of zeovit 14 day cycle. I expected the cycle to take a lot longer due to the real reef rock (which was barely moist but not really wet anymore when we introduced it in the salt water), even with the help of the live rock. But now, the ammonia is at 0, the nitrate at 0,15ppm, and the nitrate has dropped from += 6ppm to 3ppm over the course of 3 days.

When should I introduce the first fish? should I wait, or can I introduce a fish?

if yes, what do you recommend as a fish? we have reserved a young yellow tang in a fish store. I can also get 2 young ocellaris clown fish, or for example 2 young chromis.

thx in advance for the help!
Old 04-21-2018, 11:31 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

As you have used dry rock the cycle will take much more time to get a stabile biology however things are looking good. Lets continue with your dosing plan until the 14 days have finished than dose as follows:

ZeoBac – 6 drops 3 x weekly
SpongePower – 6 drops every other day
ZeoStart – 0.6 ml 2 x daily

If the first 4 weeks have passed replace 50% of the ZeoVit material. After the exchange dose ZeoBac daily for 10 days.

Next exchange will be in additional 4 weeks, than replace 90% of the material. Further exchanges can be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks. Make sure to dose ZeoBac daily for 10 days after each exchange.

Because of the fish it might be good to wait another 2 weeks and if things are looking good than you might try the small yellow tang first. Lets see how he is doing before adding additional fish which should be done very slow as the biology is still building up.

Because of the algae I would recommend to add a couple of snails already.

G.Alexander