zeovit.com Vertex  

Go Back   zeovit.com > Equipment Forums > Lighting

Lighting Please use this forum for bulbs/fixtures/techniques etc.

Active Threads
0 New ZeoVit tank
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 2
Views: 61
0 You Have Till Midnight- 12% OFF Veterans Day SALE
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 0
Views: 11
0 Day 9 of 14 day Zeocycle
Replies: 2
Views: 57
0 40B Reef Journal
Replies: 8
Views: 137
0 190g SPS tank in Taiwan
Last Post: blackizzz
Replies: 76
Views: 16,355
0 Trying to lower Phosphate
Last Post: Scribe
Replies: 58
Views: 3,875
0 new 75 gallon tank
Last Post: esco
Replies: 44
Views: 4,728
0 help with us please
Last Post: sam1980
Replies: 7
Views: 251
0 Zeovit - Werte permanent zu niedrig
Last Post: JC1300
Replies: 6
Views: 358
0 HELP WITH DOSING PLEASE!
Replies: 50
Views: 1,205
More...
Old 08-02-2018, 05:26 AM
Craig the plumber Craig the plumber ثeuW
ZEOhead in Training

Default Zeovit and lighting intensity?

Hi
I have just set up a new system and am running hybrid led and t5 lighting. The tank is going to be predominantly sps mainly acropora. Ive been playing around with the leds and have settled on a setting that ramps up to around 10k then switches to 20k it then ramps down to darkness Im running the t5 bulbs for 4 hours either side of peak intensity (8 hours total). I have been testing par values around the tank as there is no livestock atm. Was just wondering what sort of par values people are running on their system? Across the middle of the tank Id say 10-18 from top (in a 24 deep tank) Im getting readings of 200-360 over the 8 hours that the t5s are on with the leds. So running zeovit I know that the corals become paler and the water clearer just interested to know if this means the corals benefit from higher or lower intensity lighting? Also interested in what other people are finding works for them in regards to light intensity?

Cheers
Craig
Old 08-02-2018, 09:03 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig the plumber View Post
Hi
I have just set up a new system and am running hybrid led and t5 lighting. The tank is going to be predominantly sps mainly acropora. Ive been playing around with the leds and have settled on a setting that ramps up to around 10k then switches to 20k it then ramps down to darkness Im running the t5 bulbs for 4 hours either side of peak intensity (8 hours total). I have been testing par values around the tank as there is no livestock atm. Was just wondering what sort of par values people are running on their system? Across the middle of the tank Id say 10-18 from top (in a 24 deep tank) Im getting readings of 200-360 over the 8 hours that the t5s are on with the leds. So running zeovit I know that the corals become paler and the water clearer just interested to know if this means the corals benefit from higher or lower intensity lighting? Also interested in what other people are finding works for them in regards to light intensity?

Cheers
Craig
My recent discovery, the relationship between light and nutrients, the intensity of light source and the level of nutrients, corals have different returns.

My choice Light source is strong Low nutrient salt with feeding and elements.

I also found that [po4 has been feeding at 0.00ppm every day] tank. The range between the two is very large, I am still looking for feeding (rising),And pay careful attention to organic salts
Old 08-02-2018, 10:00 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Off-topic, when feeding and feeding, their products are "organic salts", which have a great influence on color, and the absorption of algae is greater than that of corals. I try to keep them for corals.

Most of the organic salts have low nutrient salts, and most of the organic salts have low nutrient salts.

The organic salt is completely different from the so-called nutrient salt (no3 po4). The same place is that both (partial organic matter) can be combined with calcium, magnesium, potassium and other substances.

Low organic salt does not seem to be a good thing.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:26 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Sorry The second paragraph means that usually high organic matter has high nutrient salts, and low organic matter usually has low nutrient salts. Adding additional feeding and organic elements to add po4 can also be at the 0.00ppm level.

Corals are animals that need to be fed. Photosynthesis provides an energy source that uses spectrum to give color and energy. Most corals have predation, and amino acids have an additional relationship with food for color. Different spectra are also for corals. The color has another relationship and effect. Therefore, the relationship between nutrient salts and the corresponding spectral intensity under the stability of water quality can be mentioned. Corals can have different color patterns. [The source of light is to be fed synchronously, the weak feeding of the light source is to be reduced] provided that the need is based on a low np environment.

And the "organic matter" treatment mentioned in the above paragraph
Old 08-02-2018, 01:53 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

There is also a situation where high organic matter has a low nutrient salt, accompanied by a white algae (forgive my narrative), for your question, do you want to think about Lenovo and share with us, thank you
Old 08-03-2018, 03:06 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin

Hello Craig, never measured, I always used the corals as indicator so I can not tell you anything about PAR readings.

Basically the “cleaner” the water is the shorter the lighting period can be, also the more intensive the lighting is the shorter the lighting period can be to get great results. Its all a balance between nutrients, intensity, spectrum and lighting period which can indeed be different from system to system.

G.Alexander